Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Dunphy gets slapped with restraining order!

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    It seems over the past few yrs, Sifu Huang has been getting his rep blown up. Sifu Marshall really detailed alot last year on this forum and others from his own research, and explicit records from his sifu. I don't think I saw any response or follow up from Sifu Huang.
    Now, at least through this post, it looks like Sifu Dunphy perhaps thought he had a claim to GM of Tien Shan Pai in America and felt compelled to come at Sifu Brown. They both (Sifu Huang and Sifu Dunphy) probably should have thought this through more on a lot of levels. Sifu Brown is as respected as any other teacher up and down the east coast, and anyone that has met him knows he could care less about any political garbage as long as it keeps him and his out of it. I hope Sifu Brown brings a team to the Baltimore tourney this year. That would be fun to watch.
    All I'm saying is that this is an international site and for the most part, most people don't give a shit who these guys are, what they do etc etc.

really, we don't care. They should just keep their stuff in their sandbox and deal with it like men instead of pussies.

If they don't like each other and got a beef, that is what the kungfu is for. go beat the crap out of each other and the winner gets the other one's students. end of story and they shouldn't forget to put up videos at youtube so we can further ridicule them for being pompous asses with overinflated senses of self importance.

bwahahahahahaha

signed
    who gives a rats ass.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    except for a few, that whole group is just wacky
    so i take it that Jon's just doing his own thing now and not a part of the org?

David
    you gotta understand that the people involved are responsible for 2 of the biggest tournaments on the east coast.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post

David
    you gotta understand that the people involved are responsible for 2 of the biggest tournaments on the east coast.
    really? and they act like this?

wow, just wow.

poor form.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

To be honest I believe both these groups to be dishonorable and I would not have anything to do with either.

If what was said is true (and there is still doubt here, I don't think the call was taped) then that's just crazy. You don't call people up and threaten to kill them.

Also, I've been threatened before. I didn't make a big deal out of if. I didn't go to any police or make it public. I just told them that, in that case, if I were you I'd watch my back and not sleep because I won't give you a chance to attack me first.

Also, students bringing this feud to a public board is crazy. It's none of their business. If the same thing was happening in my school I think the Masters could handle it without my help.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    All I'm saying is that this is an international site and for the most part, most people don't give a shit who these guys are, what they do etc etc.

really, we don't care. They should just keep their stuff in their sandbox and deal with it like men instead of pussies.

If they don't like each other and got a beef, that is what the kungfu is for. go beat the crap out of each other and the winner gets the other one's students. end of story and they shouldn't forget to put up videos at youtube so we can further ridicule them for being pompous asses with overinflated senses of self importance.

bwahahahahahaha

signed
    who gives a rats ass.

I disagree to more of an extent than agree. I think most on these forums love the flame wars from time to time. The fact that this is local to me makes it even more interesting to me. Consider as well, that within some of these flame wars here and there, information is made available to more people than was before. When the whole CLF Chan Heung/Jeong Yim thing was blowing up, there was a plethora of info and history and lineage divulged...for free!

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    I disagree to more of an extent than agree. I think most on these forums love the flame wars from time to time. The fact that this is local to me makes it even more interesting to me. Consider as well, that within some of these flame wars here and there, information is made available to more people than was before. When the whole CLF Chan Heung/Jeong Yim thing was blowing up, there was a plethora of info and history and lineage divulged...for free!
    fair enough.

i wonder if these guys wear pants or shorts when they go crazy on their makawari boards.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

bwahahahahahaha

signed
    who gives a rats ass.

Let 'em rant David, wave with it bro.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

clarify

Just wanted to clarify my intention as I see where this dialogue is going. I am not affiliated with these parties. I think that a martial arts family should at the very least speak out against this behavior. It reflects on us all in the publics eyes. I know that threatening someone’s family was downplayed by some here, but get real- this is seriously deranged and criminal!
    This has nothing to do with skills or barnyard brawls-please grow up. This is simply about disgusting criminal behavior and blatantly fraudulent claims. All the evidence is available-heres the court info:
    http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us...0&detailLoc=DV

Posting this publicly is the least I can do to shine light on situation. Sunlight is best disinfectant. Parents may want to know that this instructor goes around threatening his rival’s family before they enroll their children in his program.
    -TSW?

you gotta wonder

“you gotta understand that the people involved are responsible for 2 of the biggest tournaments on the east coast.”

-perhaps that makes them think they can act like this…

-TSW?

Quote Originally Posted by tianshanwhy View Post
    Oh really? I've been involved in Chinese martial arts for almost 30 years and I never heard of anyone threatening another teachers family over a website.
    This is a first for me but I tend to associate myself with responsible mature members of martial arts family. Guess it depends on who you choose for company...
    -TSW?
    Welcome to the dark side of martial arts!!

Quote Originally Posted by tianshanwhy View Post
    Just wanted to clarify my intention as I see where this dialogue is going. I am not affiliated with these parties. I think that a martial arts family should at the very least speak out against this behavior. It reflects on us all in the publics eyes. I know that threatening someone’s family was downplayed by some here, but get real- this is seriously deranged and criminal!
    This has nothing to do with skills or barnyard brawls-please grow up. This is simply about disgusting criminal behavior and blatantly fraudulent claims. All the evidence is available-heres the court info:
    http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us...0&detailLoc=DV

Posting this publicly is the least I can do to shine light on situation. Sunlight is best disinfectant. Parents may want to know that this instructor goes around threatening his rival’s family before they enroll their children in his program.
    -TSW?
    best rationalization for blatant pot-stirring ever posted!

This kind of behavior is just stupid. But with the threats and the police involvement, it is no different than the thread 'busted martial artists.'

If it is all factual (I assume it is since links are supplied to court documents), why not discuss it here? We give a lot more cr@p to the Shaolin-Do guys, and they aren't running around threatening peoples families over a web site.

Shameful behavior.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    he's been out of there.... he even has THE OFFICIAL LETTER
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

whats tian shan pai? whos joe dunphy??
    my balls itch
    Last edited by bawang; 06-24-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    whats tian shan pai? whos joe dunphy??
    my balls itch
    Tian Shan Pai is a group based out of Taiwan teaching a curriculum of external and internal Kuoshu (Kung Fu) styles.

Joe Dunphy is a long-time practitioner and instructor of the Tien Shan Pai and the former World Full Contact Kuoshu Fighting champion from 1986.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust