Thread: KF in Paris?

KF in Paris?

One of the guys who has been training with us for about a year is moving to Paris soon and he's looking for Kung Fu schools over there. He's been doing CLF, so that or something that has a similar flavor would be great, but he's open to whatever he can find over there. Does anybody know of CLF or other KF schools in Paris?? Thanks!

Paris is a huge city!

I suggest he starts looking when he gets there.

I was there last summer and there are kungfu schools available like anywhere else.

You could just google a few to get warmed up, but take geography into account for sure. Like I said, Paris is a big city with more than 2 million people in the old city alone!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Hi,

Your friend is very welcome to try out our school:
    http://www.scq.free.fr/main.php (french only).

The style is traditional Jow Gar. Me too, I moved to Paris and was doing CLF before (11y). The change was not to hard, as the style is similar in many things.
    For further information he(or you) can pm me and I will be happy to help.
    Courses will start again in September, as France is usually paralized during juli and August

Otherwise there are not many good traditional schools in France,
    they are mostly modern Wushu or Chop Suey schools.
    There seem to be some "underground" school in the public parks,
    with good Tang Lang and Paqua Zhang Sifus. Another guy is an American who teaches Fut Gar in one of them, who has a good reputation.

There is also a branch of Yang Jwing Ming's kungfu school (white crane and Longfist).
    I tested the most of them, but finally sticked to the Jow Gar. The school is also pretty invested in the life of Paris' chinatown (Largest liondance group in France).

Ah, I forgot, there is no CLF in Paris at all.
    There are some Lee Koon Hung affiliated school in the south of France,
    but nothing close to Paris.

Generally speaking the southern styles are rare in France,
    except for Wing Chun. Kung Fu is still young in France

this is the school in france that is affiliated with Lee Koon Hung choy lay fut. they were just at our school last year for a little while to train. nice guys.
    http://www.longtao.net/
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

Go to Jardin Luxembourgh on a Sunday morning (11.00 or something like that). On one of the sides (near the tennis courts) there are a number of groups practicing. Many do Tai Chi but there is also some other stuff around.