Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: RIP Michael Jackson

What's wrong with BET praising one of the best black entertainers of our time?

As far as I know MJ never did anything to anybody. He also never tried to cover up his personal life....unlike most celebrities these days.

Blog Entries

philippine prisoners dance in honor of michael jackson

Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post

As far as I know MJ never did anything to anybody. He also never tried to cover up his personal life....unlike most celebrities these days.
    Read the above article, then say he never covered up his personal life!

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    what I want to know is, how did they decide who got to play Michael....

Somebody asked "why don't they say anything about Farrah Fawcett"???

Now, that ages a person ... nobody young these days remembers anything about FF.

yer losing it man.

Kung Fu is good for you.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

because he's being trying to become 'white' most of his adult life?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

ya he had issues, he was still a black man though. imo one of the biggest achievements of michael jackson was the amount of racial barriers he broke down. he was the first in many areas as far as black entertainers go. he also created music videos.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

What would life have been like without Thriller and Beat It??? Was he the first one on video to grab his stuff or was somebody else?

(Only problem though is that MJ always was kindof like a comedy act ... don't know if anyone else judged him that way)?

Quote Originally Posted by andyhaas View Post
    What would life have been like without Thriller and Beat It??? Was he the first one on video to grab his stuff or was somebody else?

(Only problem though is that MJ always was kindof like a comedy act ... don't know if anyone else judged him that way)?
    More like a comedy AND a tragedy! It is like it was written in "Stranger in a Strange Land", we laugh because if we didn't we would cry!

Michael was a contrast between success and failure. He succeeded beyond one's wildest dreams professionally, but failed miserably as a human being!

Poor guy, I hope he is happier now!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    ya he had issues, he was still a black man though. imo one of the biggest achievements of michael jackson was the amount of racial barriers he broke down. he was the first in many areas as far as black entertainers go. he also created music videos.
    sorry, i have to call BS on that. IF* he did, then he made a mockery of that by his obvious attempt to become the exact opposite of what he was.

*though, everyone keeps saying that but what 'racial barriers' did he actually break down???
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post

me too...really...but, too much is being made of him

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    me too...really...but, too much is being made of him
    I completely agree. But then I have never been a fan, and I have never felt the need to live my life vicariously through a public figure.

He was always a sad character to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Michael was a contrast between success and failure. He succeeded beyond one's wildest dreams professionally, but failed miserably as a human being!

I dunno ... he was pretty successful as a kid and then again as an adult. The main thing that seemed to go wrong was when he was burnt onstage by those fireworks and he had skin / nose problems after that.

Overall, he was a good entertainer in those videos, though.

he was the first black man to do several things. you can go research it if you want all the meat and potatoes of what 'racial barriers' michael jackson had to face.

a couple examples.

first black teen star.

first black man on mtv. (which was fought heavily by MTV)

not to mention the influence he had on an entire generation of black performers.

"Michael Jackson made culture accept a person of color way before Tiger Woods, way before Oprah Winfrey, way before Barack Obama," said the Rev. Al Sharpton. "Michael did with music what they later did in sports and in politics and in television. And no controversy will erase the historic impact."

really the list goes on and on. I'm not a big fan of michael jackson (as in i dont and never have owned a MJ album, and dont listen to his music), but the facts are the facts.

also remember, he was 'black' for a good while before he started having his procedures.

*you can find more on this subject if you research it yourself.
    Last edited by Lucas; 06-29-2009 at 01:35 PM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.