Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: See H.F.Y. on Youtube!

See H.F.Y. on Youtube!

Benny Meng quit H.F.Y. and now we can see it on Youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Kg8BU1D9k. That is part of what we used to train in Fortaleza, Chi Kung, Siu Nin Tau, Four Gates Blocking, Light Sparring.

Thanks for breaking the ice, Hudson.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudson Li View Post
    Benny Meng quit H.F.Y. and now we can see it on Youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Kg8BU1D9k. That is part of what we used to train in Fortaleza, Chi Kung, Siu Nin Tau, Four Gates Blocking, Light Sparring.
    That's nothing new under the sun. That clip has been available online at Sifu Lambert website months ago.....

What would be something new to see is the Black Crane+Ermei from Hendrik Pikachu....
    Does anyone has it?

here we go again!!

<hudson>Benny Meng quit H.F.Y. and now we can see it on Youtube.

You really should not speak/write about things you don't know! I'll just keep it simple.

fact this is a demonstration of more of a General since a nice blend of Ba da juen and some Wing chun! It does have some HFY elements but it's not HFY.

Keep in mind this was done at a Karate tournament! So it doesn't matter what style or family of wing chun as long as it's wing chun! We are all brothers!

Sifu Lambert is a memeber of the VTM he has access to many wing chun systems why would he limit his demo to just one family! when you never know the karate guys might relate to VT, WC, or Weng chun etc.. better?!

(insert soap box here)

This infighting about lineage etc... has done nothing but create a bad name for our art. As a Wing/Weng chun Sifu I cannot contribute to the further distruction of the reputation and unity of this art. I took a oath on atleast two occasions to protect this art. That being said I will not post further on this thread.

Good ole K.F.O forum still the same LOL!

Good God, oaths to protect your art! As if Hudson has done something to "insult" HFY by posting this vid.

Please....

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    Good God, oaths to protect your art! As if Hudson has done something to "insult" HFY by posting this vid.

Please....
    It's not an insult, but it's like minding someone else's business.

My request about Pikachu's clip is meant to be sarcastic.

Why don't we all just mind our own business. If it's not your clip, do not touch it or post it. If it's not your style/lineage/video/article/picture, don't touch it. it's none of your xxxxxxx business !

UNDERSTAND !!!!????!!@#$@%$#@%$#%##$%$#@#%#$#@$#$@#$#@$#@#$#@ $#@
    Last edited by li hudson; 06-29-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by li hudson View Post
    . . . . Why don't we all just mind our own business. If it's not your clip, do not touch it or post it. If it's not your style/lineage/video/article/picture, don't touch it. it's none of your xxxxxxx business ! . . .
    I beg to differ. I post vids on a public forum myself so I can't expect people not to pass it on or make comments whether negative or positive. The clip in question was posted on a public forum so why should it fall under a different standard?
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

If you post your own clip, then it's your business.

I believe the original vid clip that Sifu Lambert posted is meant to be used as promotion.

I am not trying to say don't or do.
    But pls have respect toward other style/lineage....At least if you were to 'touch' their belonging, have you got their permission.....

the pulled me back in!!! LOL!

Hey Phil! Great to see you around! your visit to the VTM was one of my favorite of all of the lineages!

I know I was not going to post further but I want to make myself clear.
    The mind your own business peace was more on the "Benny Meng quitting HFY"
    not about the Vid.

On the video my point is that we are all one wing/weng chun and a demo by my Kung fu brother does not mean that it is H.F.Y ! At the VTM we have experienced first hand alot of kung fu. It would be a waste if we did not demonstrate some of the variety at times. If you have a group who is interested in Wing/Weng Chun, I think it's good idea to give them a few perspectives. That's all.

When I do my Iron Skin/Crotch demo does that mean it's HFY? No!

Victor,

I know you do not take some of the traditions etc... seriously. That's your Kung Fu I can't and won't knock that. I've had information shared with me by people who have asked me to take an oath to never abuse it or the reputation of the lineage.
    I'm a "live and let live" " to each thier own" type of person. I work hard to have no hang ups. If my taking a oath and taking it seriously bothers you. I can only say to let go! Cause I don't have a hang up about what you do. Hell I even have to admit that I like the black chucks that you train in. Man I hadn't had a pair of them in years. All jokes aside the are a great all purpose shoe!

First of all, that used to me my lineage until Meng broke up with the H.F.Y. family. And that is obviously H.F.Y. or at least that is what Meng used to call H.F.Y. when teaching us. Furthermore I have been into Yip Man so I can recognize what is and what is not H.F.Y.
    It is written on the site of my old school that Meng broke up with the H.F.Y. family because after 10 years of existance H.F.Y. still lacks a curriculum, that there is no ranking tests, that not even the oldest members have seen the complete system yet, the the leaders recruit students for them own behind the back of the regional representatives, that H.F.Y. members are encouraged to get into internet battles, that masters instructors with more than 10 years of practice are not recognized as such.
    Seems it is the first official statement of the V.T.M. about the reasons why Benny Meng broke up with G.M. Garrett Gee.
    Even so Meng is coming back to Fortaleza in order to give a TOLL FREE workshop about Hung Fa Yi, Chi Sim and Black Flag. I will be there of course!

PS, I edited this post because I wrote behing instead of behind. Also because I wrote ten years of creation instead of 10 years of existance.
    Last edited by Hudson Li; 06-29-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Hudson,

1. Are you still affiliated with Benny or not anymore?
    2. Are you "Mr M"?

I am just curious of where is your loyalty toward your Sifu, if you did learn from him before. Once a Sifu, he/she always be your Sifu.

Just my $0.02 opinion.

God, what a shocker: a thread about HFY that becomes something of a flame war on the first page!

Much ado about nothing....the whole business, I mean.

I was never affiliated to Benny Meng. I only saw him once when he gave a workshop in my home town Fortaleza in the company of G.M. Garrett Gee.
    I trained with the H.F.Y. representive in the North of Brazil Alex Magnos that broke up with G.M. Gee and still teaches H.F.Y. now representing Benny Meng.
    I will be in Benny Meng's seminar about H.F.Y., Chi Sim and Black Flag because it will be totally free, but that does not mean I am going to be his student.
    I did not understand your mention of a magician. What do you mean?
    Thank you for telling me that once someone's Sifu, always someone's Sifu, but I believe you should tell that to Benny Meng, who badmouths Moy Yat (I heard that personally), Andreas Hoffman (I heard that personally), Robert Chu (I heard that personally) and now G.M. Gee (I read that on his Brazilian site), that is, all of his past Sifus.

Benny Meng is one of the most reprehensible, "smile-in-your-face-because-he-wants-to-learn-something...and-then-stab-you-in-the-back" opportunists that wing chun has ever seen. And you can also add William Cheungs' name to the list. Meng has played the game concerning William also.

A snake if there ever was one.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 06-29-2009 at 11:00 PM.

just like I said still the same old thing!!

LOL! I love to hear different point of views. However once again it's like Micheal Jackson! plenty of haters and rumors! But as I said I'm not into the negative energy! I know personally what Meng Sifu has said over the years to me. So all of the hear say. Well is just that.

He has always taught that we are all bothers in kung fu. That has always been his energy for me for over 21 years. I know for a fact that haters will still hate. I will never get the last word so here's a present!! the last word is yours and so is the energy and Karma that comes with it!

Once again the video does have H.F.Y elements but it's not HFY. You may have a misunderstanding ( could be the teacher could be the student) but hey it's all wing/weng chun the hang up is who ever owns it!! LOL! I know it's not mine. So if that is HFY to you then O.K. man. I'll just say I enjoyed the wing/weng chun that was in it and I could care less where it's from! If my kF brother is reading this. I'm proud of the representation!

Victor,
    Ok now I take you seriously! Roflol! get in a fight on the subway much sifu? Thats all I'm going to say!
    Last edited by Chango; 06-29-2009 at 08:39 PM.