Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Apologies to Terence Niehoff...

Apologies to Terence Niehoff...

I have to apologize to Terence Niehoff. I've always accused him of constantly challenging other people to post some vids of their serious martials arts endeavors - while he, Terence, was unwilling to do so himself.

But I just found this vid of Terence and the guys he trains with on youtube. So I'm wrong about that.

Sorry, Terence.

But anyway, WCK guys and gals, here it is. Terence is the first guy, and the rest are his training partners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl5SaNBjLhg&NR=1

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    I have to apologize to Terence Niehoff. I've always accused him of constantly challenging other people to post some vids of their serious martials arts endeavors - while he, Terence, was unwilling to do so himself.

But I just found this vid of Terence and the guys he trains with on youtube. So I'm wrong about that.

Sorry, Terence.

But anyway, WCK guys and gals, here it is. Terence is the first guy, and the rest are his training partners.

A little comic relief is always good.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    A little comic relief is always good.
    Yes, Victor is nothing but comic relief.

Hee ya!

Hey!

Ho!!

aaahhhhaaaa!!!

"What kind of wood is this?" huff puff.

lol, that was awesome!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post

Sorry, Terence.

LOL. That must be Terrence in the real world !

I understand that Victor and others lack the intellectual skills to rationally argue and can't marshall evidence to support their views, but it is really sad that all they can do to "retaliate" is try to redicule people with this sort of crap. I could put a photo of a pen1s up and say it was a candid shot of Victor (of course, it would need to be a very small pen1s) but that sort of thing is childish (something most of us got over in high school -- though I understand that perhaps some of the people involved in this never finished high school). It's really sad. And I think it really shows Victor for what he is. It's just too bad that Victor isn't smart enough to realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    I understand that Victor and others lack the intellectual skills to rationally argue and can't marshall evidence to support their views, but it is really sad that all they can do to "retaliate" is try to redicule people with this sort of crap. I could put a photo of a pen1s up and say it was a candid shot of Victor (of course, it would need to be a very small pen1s) but that sort of thing is childish (something most of us got over in high school -- though I understand that perhaps some of the people involved in this never finished high school). It's really sad. And I think it really shows Victor for what he is. It's just too bad that Victor isn't smart enough to realize it.
    The focus is not about Victor here.

We are discussing about You, Terence, the "Blubber" Mouth Kungfu Fighting.... + Idiot....

Relax, Terence...and learn how to take a joke!

Why cant you laugh along with the rest of us ?..........lighten up dude, i for one thought it was as funny as your red, white, purple whatever ?...............chequered flag thread.

If you can dish it out, the least you could do is to take it and laugh along!

Afterall if you dont take it as any reflection on yourself you should be able to see the funny side.

Haha, maybe he can't take it because it hits too close to home

Why don't I just laugh along? Well, because Victor's little "joke" isn't well-intentioned. It's not done in a spirit of playfulness but spite. It's not good-natured humor. He is singling me out BECAUSE he doesn't like me. He's just doing what he always does, using personal attacks. This is just another sort of personal attack. It's not about ideas or views (as my Red and Black Checkered Flag was).

But that's OK. The sort of things we find amusing says a lot about us. Some people laugh at fat jokes or racial jokes or the like. I'm sure Victor and his cadre find these things amusing. I don't.

I'm with T.

He preaches what he knows - and that's what everyone does here.

Plus, over the last couple of threads, he's been giving some good pointers as to why he has come to the conclusions he has.

It's not new, but it's good to have a WC practitioner telling everyone that after the 'curriculum' is done, it's time to move on and use the stuff in the context it was designed for.

I didn't go to acupuncture school for three years to just keep repeating the same old same old...I started a clinic and learned that DOING acupuncture in a real-world clinic setting is VERY different than what I learned in school.

Fighting in a real-world context is a lot different than what I learned through my Wing Chun curriculum. And I'm all for it - because it helps me streamline the people I train with so they don't get caught up in the same crap I did for 14+ years.

“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Waste of Time

This is Martial Arts Forum. WC is about fighting. How is cracking jokes and Insulting Terrence Niehoff Character of any real value. I wouldn't say that the guy who made this thread is slow or immature. But I would say it shows his moral character. We should try to encourage and lift one another up. No satire or slander others Character.

Its pretty sad that an unproductive thread would be created about Niehoff.

^
    It is just that, a community forum. Yes, it's focal point is martial arts, but it is not governed by that.

How is cracking jokes and Insulting Terrence Niehoff Character of any real value.
    Its a forum with a community - We're all members of that community and as such, part of getting to know each other includes joking around with each other.

You want to argue the value of that? Who exactly are you to ascertain the value of something that is so subjective? The majority of the community here seem to have enjoyed the post, based on the responses. Its sad that you lack the sense of humor to do so as well, or even the concept that such may fall into others sense of humor.

Some people laugh at fat jokes or racial jokes or the like. I'm sure Victor and his cadre find these things amusing. I don't.
    Your logic is flawed. Fat jokes and racial jokes have nothing to do with this kind of joke. Racial jokes can imply an underlying hatred or dislike off a race, meaning just because this can imply an underlying dislike of you, it does NOT imply an underlying hatred for anything BUT you. Meaning it has no implication that he may or may not enjoy those types of jokes.

Speaking of which, there is nothing wrong with enjoying a race-related or weight-related joke. Plenty of great comedians, Sarah Silverman, Chris Rock, and many others have race-related jokes as part of their material. That in itself has nothing to do with racism, real racism goes far deeper than jokes.

Honestly though, you've said your piece, if you don't like the thread you should just move on and forget it exists.
    Last edited by AdrianK; 07-02-2009 at 05:58 PM.

Why don't I just laugh along? Well, because Victor's little "joke" isn't well-intentioned. It's not done in a spirit of playfulness but spite. It's not good-natured humor. He is singling me out BECAUSE he doesn't like me. He's just doing what he always does, using personal attacks. This is just another sort of personal attack. It's not about ideas or views (as my Red and Black Checkered Flag was).

But that's OK. The sort of things we find amusing says a lot about us. Some people laugh at fat jokes or racial jokes or the like. I'm sure Victor and his cadre find these things amusing. I don't.
    Terence, if you feel the "joke" was hurtful, spiteful, etc., then it isn't funny.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr