Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Security Tips from David Hackworth

rogue Guest

Security Tips from David Hackworth

Securtiy Tips

"Americans don't have the courage to come here," Mullah Mohammed Omar, leader of the Taliban who right about now is getting jiggy with his first of 70 virgins.

“Are you guys ready? Let’s roll.” Last words of Todd Beamer heard over his mobile line right before rushing a hijacker.

Kung Lek Guest
    That guy is just "slightly" paranoid.

ok, i'm off to the unlit woods to meet a stranger from the internet, see you all later :D

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links

Jeff Liboiron Guest
    This dude is a frickin nut job :D

The object is not to hurt someone else, but to stop them from hurting you

qimaster Guest

he's not a nutjob

That man, David Hackworth is a true martial artist. He has probably killed more enemy troops in actual wartime combat (through either himself doing the shooting or commanding his men to do the shooting) than all members of the KFO combined.

they do not give out dsc's, bronze and silver stars for being a coward. If any of you would want to even consider yourselves to be true martial artists, you will have served in the
    Armed Forces of which ever countries you hail from
    and would be prepared, willing and able to defend
    with your very lives, the beliefs of your respective nations. That makes you a citizen, instead of a civilian.

I think if I were Hackworth, I would have some
    fairly novel security measures at my home also.
    7 Purple Hearts are a lot of combat injuries.

here are some of his verifiable awards:

Distinguished Service Cross (with one Oak Leaf Cluster)

Silver Star (with nine Oak Leaf Clusters)

Legion of Merit (with three Oak Leaf Clusters)

Distinguished Flying Cross

Bronze Star Medal (with "V" Device & seven Oak Leaf Clusters)(Seven of the awards for heroism)

Purple Heart (with seven Oak Leaf Clusters).

nutcase? not one person on any of these boards are even fit to shine that man's jumpboots.

sincerely;

Rich Mooney
    SGT US Army (Retired)

joedoe Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If any of you would want to even consider yourselves to be true martial artists, you will have served in the
    Armed Forces of which ever countries you hail from
    and would be prepared, willing and able to defend
    with your very lives, the beliefs of your respective nations. That makes you a citizen, instead of a civilian.
    [/quote]

I respect the men and women who serve in the armed forces, but do not for one minute think that serving in the armed forces makes you any better than any other citizen of your country.

I do not serve in the armed forces, and I doubt that I would pass the medical, but I would be willing to fight for my country if it were invaded. My skills lie elsewhere, so I would think that I would not be put on a battlefield anyway. I do not see that this makes me any less of a citizen than Mr Joe Soldier.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    You're fu(king up my chi

qimaster Guest

those who are fit and able should serve

If a person has a legitimate medical reason why they cannot serve in their nation's military, then that is a reasonable situation in and of itself. However, every person SHOULD serve if they are physically/mentally able. It makes them better citizens in the long run, and in order to defend freedom, it should be a requirement.

Serving your nation is an honorable task, defending freedom is an honorable task, and should be a major requirement for citizenship.
    Those who are disabled can also serve in their own ways as well, volunteering for civil sector
    organizations such as red cross work, VA Hospitals, United Way, etc...

In fact here in Texas, at least the area that I am in, it is mandatory for graduation, as part of
    their studies in US Government, for students to do
    250 hours of volunteer community service type work. Even those who are handicapped or otherwise disabled (to a certain degree of course) are also accomodated and found employ at various
    volunteer organizations.

tsunami surfer Guest
    I agree with bandit. Aperson doesnt need to serve in the armed forces tobe considered a citizen. There are many other ways for citizens to serve their contries. By the way Im a veteran myself and have just as much respect for those who served in the peace corps, red cross ect. Hack actually put out some stuff that is just plain common sense. If you arent already doing these things in your subconscience(did I spell that right?) your a victim waiting to happen.‡

Watchman Guest
    Col. Hack is correct.

Stranger Guest
    Aye, Watchman.

I don't get mad.
    I get stabby.

qimaster Guest

citizen versus civilian

a citizen will care enough about his country to serve it in some way, be it thru military, volunteer, or civil service.

a civilian just sits back and enjoys the benefits and freedoms provided through the hard work and effort of the ones who take an active role in the
    maintenance of society.

disabled people who can benefit their socities
    do a fine job when and where they can, when and where they are able. I am not discussing them. I am saying that if a person wants to consider themselves a true martial artist, that they should serve their nation's military (UNLESS THEY ARE DISABLED OR OTHERWISE DISQUALIFIED).

some people said David Hackworth is nuts, and I am of the opinion he is right on the money with many of his observations. A citizen who has served his nation in the military is looked upon by their nations with greater esteem than those who have not served. This is seen and shown by the benefits that are afforded them after their service is completed, like va loans at reduced rates, educational benefits, civil service points, preferential treatment for certain forms of employment etc....

Kung Lek Guest
    The views of a military man do not line up with the views of the general populace.

His advice is sound if you are a person in a position of power or someone who is a likely "target" for organizations seeking to upset that power.

But if you look at earl the bag boy at the local walmart, his views hardly apply, hence my remark about paranoia.

I too believe that one should in some way shape or form serve the country they live in. I do not hold to the belief that this necessarily has to be military service. Nor do I believe being a soldier necessarily makes you better at being a martial artist.

All respects to the guy for his service to his country. But context is important too.

Another case in point about one' environment shaping their personal views I guess. ;)

-don't act so humble, you're not that great- Indhira Ghandi

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links

joedoe Guest
    Funny, I always thought that a citizen of a country was just that - someone who has qualified for citizenship. A civilian is supposed to be someone who is not a member of the armed forces.

I did not realise that the term civilian implied a lack of participation in upholding the values of a society, simply a lack of participation in the armed forces.

Please don't redefine the meaning of words just so you can feel better about yourself.

BTW if he has indeed earned all those military honours, then I respect the man and what he has done. I am not so sure if I would go so far as to say that no one here is fit to even polish his boots though. He is after all a citizen of a country that espouses the equality of all men is he not?

You're fu(king up my chi

qimaster Guest

if...

If you are willing to learn how to protect your own life, then you should also be willing (if you are able bodied) to defend and protect the way of life and freedom that you are living in, at the cost of your own life if need be.

I do not know of any other job that gives you the tacit approval to kill enemies of the freedom
    you hold near and dear (within certaiin limits as set forth in the rules of engagement) with near impunity.

Police protect their area by catching those who break the laws. BUT in the military, when there is a declared war, or a police action, it is open season on the enemy. your job is to practice the arts of war, the martial arts, and to eliminate those people who pose a threat to your way of life.

A person willing to do that is of great value. a person acting in support roles for those people are of great value. a person who just goes through life and gets what they can out of it without putting back into their community or country, if they are not disabled, is not as valuable in my estimation. that type of person, who just skates through life is what I would term a civilian, and not worthy of the title of citizen.

as a martial arts teacher, I do my best to instill patriotic values and virtues in my students. Those who are of age, I also counsel to join one of the armed forces branches. If you want to go out and be on the front lines and truly defend the values you wish to pass down to your kids and grandkids - then service in the military is a wonderful way to express yourself.

joedoe Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If you want to go out and be on the front lines and truly defend the values you wish to pass down to your kids and grandkids [/quote]

So by this quote, can I take it to mean that you are not truly defending the values of your country if you do not serve in the front lines?

Don't redefine words to fit your own meanings. The general usage of the word civilian denotes one who is not in military service. The general usage of the word citizen is one who has qualified as a citizen of a country. Whether a resident of a country serves that country in any way does not change their status of citizenship.

We can agree to disagree here. You can value people in your way, I will value them in my way. While I admire, respect, and honour those who serve in the armed forces, I still keep in mind that they are people and as such are no more or less valuable than the next person. Every person, in their own way, is valuable.

You're fu(king up my chi

Sharky Guest
    *EVERYONE* should be in the army?

There is more to life than wars. What does it say about society that you think every able bodied person should be in an army?

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.