Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The art of Boomerang --- SLT

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    I'm afraid what you are talking about is all based on fantasy. The trouble with your theories is that they don't take into account what an aggressive, competent fighter is going to be doing to YOU.
    Obviously, the more competent and aggressive the fighter you are going to be facing is, the harder it will be to defeat them, regardless of what skills you possess lol. Terrence, tell me, with all of this realistic training you are doing and have been doing for years, how would you do against Lyoto Machida or GSP in a fight without weapons involved? You would lose and lose easily, so your argument towards Kevins posts is again null and void.

The fact is what Kev is talking about (and that is all Kev or I or yourself can do on a internet forum, talk, explain, describe, bla bla bla, all irrelevant to someone that wants to actually understand what we are talking about) is sound and effective for the average person in a self protection situation. It's no different than what Alan talks about in his vids, which are very good by the way

James

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    Take throwing a ball. Yes, you need "energy" or "force" to throw it. But throwing a ball isn't about learning some "energy". It is a skill. Everything that goes into throwing a ball, the "energy", the technique, etc., is part of the SKILL. Throwuing a ball is an ACTION, and when that ACTION has an OBJECTIVE, then it becomes a SKILL (skill being our ability to bring about a desired result, i.e., objective, with max certainty and min time/effort). ACTION + OBJECTIVE = SKILL.

It's a simple as that.
    if you throw the ball down a straight line at me and I keep a line of force aligned to intersect the line of force its coming on it will by the angle of the arms , find no place to put its force..it will slide off the acute angles of the arms trying to go to the 'thrower' of the ball...I dont want to catch the ball I want to strike the guy throwing it as I deflect with one arm ... it is trained in 2 stages in drills it looks like tan when drilled and simple punch when fighting...jum looks like an elbow in when drilling but it too becomes a simple punch..the 2 combined in rotation create an impenetrable non thinking assault line we use to attack with little thought...attack with no mind .

imagine a spear you throw th ball and the spear tries to both stab past the ball and deflect the balls path . together . thats what tan or jum is trying to make a punch be able to do...slide force off the arms as they enter into the continuing strike to the head...

Obviously no arms we are simply striking with 2 hands but NOT down the center of the opponent , rather along flanks and using our centerline as a reference to point the arms on at angles to force ...

Why we are trained to face squarely but at angle to the guys entry lines , we both minimize the guys ability to face us [fight 50%] .By facing we can simply turn to face a turning fighter without using a different lead rear etc...each arm is equally trained so we can seamlessly fight either side .
    Ergo each arm is a tan/jum/jut/lop/bong ...one flank can be shut down with the preceding actions

we are able by design to simply face another side of an attack with no thought to change our arms abilities.

example:
    left bong counters the right arm xing over ours ....our following vusao can just strike to a tanning action further displacing the now displaced arm that had x ed our bong..the tanning strike is followed by jumming strike ...now if you on the right flank its the right tanstrike, the left jumstrike

and vice versa for the other side ...a mirror of our ability...the SLT is the arms equally trained. the Chum Kl is to aim and fire at correct facing and chasing attacking shifting , sideling , back forth, forwards at angles once the opponent is turned.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 07-08-2009 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    if you throw the ball down a straight line at me and I keep a line of force aligned to intersect the line of force its coming on it will by the angle of the arms , find no place to put its force..it will slide off the acute angles of the arms trying to go to the 'thrower' of the ball...I dont want to catch the ball I want to strike the guy throwing it as I deflect with one arm ... it is trained in 2 stages in drills it looks like tan when drilled and simple punch when fighting...jum looks like an elbow in when drilling but it too becomes a simple punch..the 2 combined in rotation create an impenetrable non thinking assault line we use to attack with little thought...attack with no mind .

imagine a spear you throw th ball and the spear tries to both stab past the ball and deflect the balls path . together . thats what tan or jum is trying to make a punch be able to do...slide force off the arms as they enter into the continuing strike to the head...

Obviously no arms we are simply striking with 2 hands but NOT down the center of the opponent , rather along flanks and using our centerline as a reference to point the arms on at angles to force ...

Why we are trained to face squarely but at angle to the guys entry lines , we both minimize the guys ability to face us [fight 50%] .By facing we can simply turn to face a turning fighter without using a different lead rear etc...each arm is equally trained so we can seamlessly fight either side .
    Ergo each arm is a tan/jum/jut/lop/bong ...one flank can be shut down with the preceding actions

we are able by design to simply face another side of an attack with no thought to change our arms abilities.

example:
    left bong counters the right arm xing over ours ....our following vusao can just strike to a tanning action further displacing the now displaced arm that had x ed our bong..the tanning strike is followed by jumming strike ...now if you on the right flank its the right tanstrike, the left jumstrike

and vice versa for the other side ...a mirror of our ability...the SLT is the arms equally trained. the Chum Kl is to aim and fire at correct facing and chasing attacking shifting , sideling , back forth, forwards at angles once the opponent is turned.

very, very nicely put

i for one have missed you

Slightly OT

I'm a little disappointed that The art of Boomerang --- SLT is our only Boomerang thread, but I'll post this here and copy it to Busted MMA fighters and fights for now. If more Boomerang stories appear, well, I'll keep posting them here until there's enough to warrant splitting it off into its own indie thread.

Now on to the WTH?! Werdum packs a boomerang on the street?

UFC'S FABRICIO WERDUM
    BOOMERANG ATTACK ON RISING STAR
    ... After Alleged Slur

11/16/2017 7:20 AM PST
    UFC's Fabricio Werdum Attacks Fighter with Boomerang After Alleged Slur
    BREAKING NEWS

NO FISTS NEEDED

Seriously -- we're not making this up.
    It all went down at the UFC fighters' hotel in Sydney ... when rising welterweight star Colby Covington allegedly called Werdum a "filthy Brazilian" in the lobby.
    FYI, Covington hurled a similar insult at a Brazilian crowd after his last fight in Sao Paulo ... and Fabricio's one of the UFC's biggest Brazilian stars.

So, Werdum did what any angry Australian tourist would do -- he took it outside and UNCORKED HIS **** BOOMERANG!!!
    It missed -- but the battle wasn't over.
    Covington went on a racist and ****phobic rant against the former heavyweight champ ... and also claimed Fabricio punched him in the face.
    "Look at you, f**king f**got," Colby said. "F**k Brazil. F**k Fabricio Werdum ... and they wonder why they get talked to like that -- 'cause they’re a bunch of animals."
    But Werdum says he didn't punch Covington ... claiming Colby got physical first by throwing a kick.
    The UFC released a statement saying they'll investigate the incident ... and Covington told MMA Fighting he plans on pressing charges.

I met him back in 2011.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart