In the spirit of American capitalism...

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    very nice. how much?
    How much you got?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Hey bawang, a 5,000 count pack of Black Cats ought to get you started. If you want to do it up right then add a few of those 16 count boxes of fireworks show quality rocket and mortar kits. Happy disturbing the peace...err I mean Independence Day!

what you should do is get a few packs of those metal sparklers about 70 individual sparklers would work. put them all together like a bundle of sticks, evenly except leave one sparkler sticking out of the center of the bundle about half way. then duct tape the bundle securely all the way around, capping both ends but leaving the extendes sparkler out as a fuse. then light the extended sparkler and run away.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Warning: NSFW language and nudity (but not good nudity)

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    Hey bawang, a 5,000 count pack of Black Cats ought to get you started. If you want to do it up right then add a few of those 16 count boxes of fireworks show quality rocket and mortar kits. Happy disturbing the peace...err I mean Independence Day!
    ok bro I have got 5 black cats, but what do I feed them? they will not eat the pwder
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    How much you got?
    I only have love. and about tree fiddy

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    about tree fiddy
    **** loc ness monsa
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Best time of the year to blow shit up and not have the cops called on you when windows rattle 3 blocks away

Play smart and play safe, friends!!!

If you hold fireworks in your hands and light em up, you are mentally deficient on every level.

One day, you will lose a finger, maybe two, maybe the whole hand when you get a bad packed rocket and boom goes your hand.

Kids, bring a bucket of sand and for the safety of others, shoot them upwards.

don't be a jerkwad jackwagon brainless **** like the dude above in syn7's gifs.

That is all.

Happy 4th!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    If you hold fireworks in your hands and light em up, you are mentally deficient on every level.

One day, you will lose a finger, maybe two, maybe the whole hand when you get a bad packed rocket and boom goes your hand.

Kids, bring a bucket of sand and for the safety of others, shoot them upwards.

don't be a jerkwad jackwagon brainless **** like the dude above in syn7's gifs.

That is all.

Happy 4th!
    So it's not that I disagree with the sentiment. Safety first. But couldn't you say the same thing for firearms?

I'm just waiting for some kid to hurt himself with one of those printed firearms.

Personally, I find fireworks to be boring. I'm more of an explosion kinda guy. But I have built many rockets, solid state, liquid and gas. I detonate all of them remotely. Not only that but I hardwire to a reasonable distance then hook up the power source and then ignite remotely from even more distance. The second half is more of a "just because I can" kinda thing. I'm mos def a safety first kinda person, but that hasn't stopped me from blowing shit up!

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    So it's not that I disagree with the sentiment. Safety first. But couldn't you say the same thing for firearms?
    No. Firearms are designed to be held.
    Fireworks say right on them, printed for all who can read to see "Stand away when igniting and do not hold in your hand"

A firearm is metal, not cardboard and is designed to contain the explosion within the firing chamber. Chances are much better that you will blow off a finger with a firework than you will with any firearm.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'm just waiting for some kid to hurt himself with one of those printed firearms.

Personally, I find fireworks to be boring. I'm more of an explosion kinda guy. But I have built many rockets, solid state, liquid and gas. I detonate all of them remotely. Not only that but I hardwire to a reasonable distance then hook up the power source and then ignite remotely from even more distance. The second half is more of a "just because I can" kinda thing. I'm mos def a safety first kinda person, but that hasn't stopped me from blowing shit up!
    I don't think that will happen. Mainly because I don't think kids can afford the printer required or even a cartridge of the composite. For pete's sake, kids can't even score weed for the most part but desperately wish they were bad ass an such...anyway. lol That's kids for you. Always want to be 10 years older than they are.

I know a police department printed one up and it failed in Alberta. Surprise.
    Meanwhile, others have been printed and haven't failed. I personally think the Calgary police print and fail shoot was a bogus display in the hopes of diminishing the truth. Canada isn't good at dealing with such things as personal freedoms, firearms etc.

UofT Grad student printed one and removed the firing pin.
    It's an exercise in freedom I think.

Still waiting to see what happens with the UofT unit.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I don't think that will happen. Mainly because I don't think kids can afford the printer required or even a cartridge of the composite. For pete's sake, kids can't even score weed for the most part but desperately wish they were bad ass an such...anyway. lol That's kids for you. Always want to be 10 years older than they are.

I know a police department printed one up and it failed in Alberta. Surprise.
    Meanwhile, others have been printed and haven't failed. I personally think the Calgary police print and fail shoot was a bogus display in the hopes of diminishing the truth. Canada isn't good at dealing with such things as personal freedoms, firearms etc.

UofT Grad student printed one and removed the firing pin.
    It's an exercise in freedom I think.

Still waiting to see what happens with the UofT unit.
    Contrary to popular belief, the process is more than just downloading a cad file and hitting print on your piece of shit 3D cube from staples.

As far as kids not being able to afford the printers... all they need is a parent who has one. They aren't in every home YET. But in 5 years these things will be 300 bucks and the only expensive part will be the ABS.

Contrary to popular belief, the process is more than just downloading a cad file and hitting print on your piece of shit 3D cube from staples.

As far as kids not being able to afford the printers... all they need is a parent who has one. They aren't in every home YET. But in 5 years these things will be 300 bucks and the only expensive part will be the ABS.
    the printer required to make the gun is a whole lot more than a 1300 printer form staples, you are correct.

you're looking at about a 30 to 40 grand touch just for the printer to get a quality piece out of ot. The composite used is a whole other thing too.

still, I'm going to print all sorts of cool and interesting things when we get one in the shop...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I've seen them printed w/ the makerbot. Modified for better edges, of course. But that doesn't cost money, you just need a rudimentary understanding of the process and be able to hack commercial electronics. Nothing fancy, you just basically take all the non essential guts from the inside and attach them to the outside. More heat inside = better edges. The cool thing about the makerbot is that is made for hackers and makers. It doesn't even come assembled. But then that's half the fun

Replicator 2, roughly $2300. And 2 colors to boot...

The printer that the original liberator was printed on was about 8 grand.

Give it a few years and they will be more reasonable. But then by then the gun will be much better. That's just a given. If it can be done, it will be done. And it can be done. Thankfully you have to have some tech skills to do it well. So that weeds out a good 2/3 of the population right off the bat.

You will love it. Whether you're into building, art, whatever... it's pretty cool to fab that kinda thing locally. CNC's are sweet. So many apps. Pretty soon they will be building our homes. I imagine those are more like a PnP tho. But still....