Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC: The Next Pro Wrestling

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I don't think the lesnar/Mir fight was paid off. Mir did some dumb things.... like letting a 285 lb. man lay on top of him and pound him.

What I don't agree with was Lesnar's demeaner after the fight. Mir fought and lost... leave it at that... At least he stepped into the ring and fought, not very good but none the less.

Lesnar plays the "Heel" well. I guess he just hasn't realized it's not the WWE or what ever.

the only thing i dislike more than a loser making excuses is a winner acting like a giant douche. i personally don't care for mir and while every time lesnar opens his mouth the room's iq plummets; i find him innocuous enough. i was actually rooting for the giant dopey ******* that was talking about horse shoes in ppls asses(?). anywho, after his win and him being a huge tool i wished mir had done better. It was like lesnar was making a concerted effort to delegitimize the sport.

If you don't pay attention to the context, your comments in isolation really don't mean much

Do you realize that Frank Mir talked massive crap and made the fight personal?

Watch Brock Lesner after he fought Randy, he was a complete gentleman with respect, becaue Randy didnt' make the fight personal

If you talk trash about someone and get personal, expect not only a beating but that they aren't going to like you much
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

This is not the first time an MMA star has acted with WWE type antics. Hell, Tito Ortiz always talked a massive amount of smack and was either loved or hated for it. Lesnar may have went a bit far with it, but if the fight was entertaining who really cares. Alls sports have douche bags who talk smack, and MMA is no different. Hell, watch the NFL on Sundays and you see a sport full of egotistical *******s.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    Akiyama got beat pretty bad. I'm surprised he could walk by the end of the fight. He was impressive at times, but for the most part did very little. Aside from the few caught and counter kicks, what did he do? a failed takedown.. ? I'll give him credit for the iron legs. People were booing that decision what does that tell you??
    I stand by my opinion, he lost pretty badly.. JMO
    I reviewed the fight, and I changed my opion.. LOL

Just watched the rest of the fights. Take it back, there were some goodies in there. I liked GSP Alvez, Fitch Thiago and Akiyama Belcher.

I thought Akiyama should have had it split, but that 30-27 was a crock. Oh well.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I reviewed the fight, and I changed my opion.. LOL
    We're not saying it wasn't close. It was. Akiyama just got a little more work done.

I will say that the off-the-cage superman punch was pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    Wait a minute...a spectator sport that's for entertainment?! Unthinkable!
    so you agree that the McMA and UFC exist only because there is money to be made off of it?

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    let's face it folks... the McMA and whole UFC is simply and purely for entertainment... it exists for no other reason than entertainment... the people who practice and partake in this blantant franken-sport are numbskulled dimwits.

next thing you'll see them painting their faces up, but then again, how approriate as they are nothing but a bunch of clowns anyway.
    Or worse, they'll fill their bodies and even their faces with tattoos !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    We're not saying it wasn't close. It was. Akiyama just got a little more work done.

I will say that the off-the-cage superman punch was pretty sweet.
    what typically happens is my memory goes.. its I deal with on a daily basis. it was a long night with allot of fights. I didn't really hear the booes in the video so I think it was just the people at the bar. Sometimes I'll remember one thing and forget a bunch of other things. He won the fight, I was wrong. I'm the first person to admit when I'm wrong. I have no issue with my faults. UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE

so you agree that the McMA and UFC exist only because there is money to be made off of it?
    UFC in tis current incarnation definitely is designed for entertainment / revenue generation, although it does so utilizing a rules format that is more inclusive than anything else out there, at least on a professional level (e.g. - there are certainly vale tudo-style things going on under the radar, and Dog Brothers would be an example of open amateur pretty much anything goes);

MMA OTOH is, really, the natural evolution of the MA scene in the US, moving from what was primarily (though not exclusively, of course) a fragmented "technique-specific" MA scene up through the '80's (e.g.: judo=body throwing & ground work; jujitsu=peripheral joint manips; TKD=kicking; Shotokan=linear striking techs; boxing / wrestling=for sport only); of course, you had things like JKD which was trying to put it all together for some time, and you had CMA which at least claimed to have been putting it all together forever in theory, though in practice often fell short of that mark;

I think people should back off of MMA / UFC in general - if one doesn't like it, don't do it / watch it; if one thinks that everyone in MMA / UFC is a knuckle-headed neanderthal, guys like Silva and GSP seem to disprove that line of reasoning; fact is though, it represents at least at present the apex of multi-modal MA competition, closer to "real" combat in terms of resisting opponents / pressure testing than the vast majority of other systems out there, and the level of fitness / conditioning of MMA guys in general is not insignificant and therefore needs to be considered - I mean, it's pretty much impossible to be out of shape and regarded as a credible exponent of MMA, whereas I can think of several highly-regarded CMA guys who would technically be considered morbidly obese, yet people still flock to them for instruction because somehow typical norms of fitness and health don't seem to apply when you start talking about free-flow of qi and all that cr@p - I ask everyone, where is the "gung fu" in that?);

so, in general, I don't really see what's the problem here? (aside from BD getting his panties in a wad because, I don't know, it's a new week?)
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 07-13-2009 at 12:20 PM.

I'm the first person to admit when I'm wrong. I have no issue with my faults. UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE
    well said; respects

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Do you realize that Frank Mir talked massive crap and made the fight personal?
    Watch Brock Lesner after he fought Randy, he was a complete gentleman with respect, becaue Randy didnt' make the fight personal
    If you talk trash about someone and get personal, expect not only a beating but that they aren't going to like you much
    people seem to have forgotten these inconvenient facts...

I never cared for the hype that pro fighters, since the time of Ali, seemed to think is needed to sell tickets, of course I blame the fans for this, they love it and eat it up, along with their hot dogs and beer.

so you agree that the UFC exists only because there is money to be made off of it?

Like baseball, basketball, etc.

welcome to earth