Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC: The Next Pro Wrestling

UFC: The Next Pro Wrestling

More Professional Wrestling...

The UFC is making making news today due to Brock Lesnar's tirade last night......

This is as bad as professional wrestling....No......it's worse at least Pro wrestling admits it's all an act.

My guess is this fight was fixed from the start. I'm thinking it's a little like the Kimbo Slice fight. They probably offered Mir double money to stand up and slug it out with him knowing he could not do it. They wanted to make a few headlines and to make Lesnar the "Bad guy", the man to beat. My guess is they will match him against that other professional wrestler who's fighting these days!

I actually saw where they were taking bets on this crap in Vegas.....this boy wouldn't lay a quarter on any UFC fight.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    More Professional Wrestling...

The UFC is making making news today due to Brock Lesnar's tirade last night......

This is as bad as professional wrestling....No......it's worse at least Pro wrestling admits it's all an act.

My guess is this fight was fixed from the start. I'm thinking it's a little like the Kimbo Slice fight. They probably offered Mir double money to stand up and slug it out with him knowing he could not do it. They wanted to make a few headlines and to make Lesnar the "Bad guy", the man to beat. My guess is they will match him against that other professional wrestler who's fighting these days!

I actually saw where they were taking bets on this crap in Vegas.....this boy wouldn't lay a quarter on any UFC fight.
    are you for real?

did you even watch the fight? FIXED? Mir got his head smashed in. You think they offered him money to standup and slug it out... guess what? HE DIDN"T STANDUP AND SLUG IT OUT. He took it to the ground, he tried to win as best as he thought he could. Horrible strategy, but he is supposed to be a "submissions" expert..

Pro wrestling? If any fight was fixed it was Akiyama's no way could anyone have scored that fight with him winning.. That was very questionable .. Lesnar is from the WWF what do you expect? This is what they do..

Go back watch the Kimbo slice fight and then try to tell me they are comparable. Asmuch as I hate Mir and Lesnar they both REAL fighters, who REALLY tried to kill each other.

I think Mir would have had a chance if he had "slugged it out".

Oh Henderson's fight was a thing of beauty.. he knocked that trashed talking smuch the ****out.

Akiyama

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    Pro wrestling? If any fight was fixed it was Akiyama's no way could anyone have scored that fight with him winning.. That was very questionable ..
    29-28 Akiyama is very reasonable. The only thing controversial about the win is that one judge scored it 30-27.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    29-28 Akiyama is very reasonable. The only thing controversial about the win is that one judge scored it 30-27.
    Akiyama got beat pretty bad. I'm surprised he could walk by the end of the fight. He was impressive at times, but for the most part did very little. Aside from the few caught and counter kicks, what did he do? a failed takedown.. ? I'll give him credit for the iron legs. People were booing that decision what does that tell you??
    I stand by my opinion, he lost pretty badly.. JMO

If any fight was fixed it was Akiyama's no way could anyone have scored that fight with him winning..
    tsk tsk tsk young padawan....

the stand up was dead even, Akiyama ate kicks but his punches were more accurate and harder. The knockdown was a "flash"

Akiyama was the only one with takedowns, worked from the top doing damage and Belcher's little "worm" break dance thing showed he really didn't want to be on the ground with Akiyama.

In conclusion, Belcher only wanted to fight standing up, and wasn't clearly winning that fight even
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

People were booing that decision what does that tell you??
    It tells me

1) the audience is often drunk people who don't know anything about fighting

and

2) the audience is often the level of "America Fuck Yeah!"
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Oh Henderson's fight was a thing of beauty.. he knocked that trashed talking smuch the ****out.
    Yea, my sentiments exactly! And Henderson got an extra shot in to seal the deal, I'll bet Bisping will feel that for awhile.

The GSP-Thiago fight was alright, I got to hand it to Thiago he stuck in it for all 5 rounds.

Mir-Lesnar fight was not the greatest in the lineup but was watchable at least.

What was the fight outcomes after Lesnar? I didn't stick around to watch after.
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

Anyone who thinks Lesnar-Mir was a fix knows nothing about fighting.

As for Henderson-Bisping, it was ****-poor from both of them from start to finish.

I'd never seen Bisping fight before and hadn't seen Henderson for a long time... Bisping looked like he ahd no business in the ring at all: the commentators said he'd been working on and had improved his footwork and boxing no end. I shudder to think what it was like before: he was flatfooted, backpedalling constantly and any moron could have read his circling to his left. Talking of any moron, the only thing mroe ludicrous than Henderson's two-day notice on his right was that anyone would actually get hit by it more than once. There were what, four kicks in the whole fight?

From Henderson's comments after, it was just his game plan, so I understand he didn't need to do anything else, and wanted to humiliate Bisping by keeping it simple. Entertaining it wasn't. And furthermore I really have no respect for that second shot when Bisping was out. Dangerous, unnecessary and b!tchy.

Mind you, I've never heard Bisping trash talking. What kind of **** was he talking? Not that I think it should earn him that second shot mind. The only interview I saw of him was talking about his defeat of Leben, where he wasn't humble but was quite reasonable.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Incidentally, both of those fights just make me all the more keen to watch Fedor-Barnett. UFC seems a shadow of its former self. Why? Not saying the fighters aren't good, but there are none that seem to have the confidence in what they're doing without constant study of their opponents. Good fighting maybe, but boring fights!

Fedor goes and does his thing. Barnett has said he'll change nothing for Fedor. They know what they're doing and know how to adapt. Bisping's main claim to to greatness in his own words are that he can stick to game-plan. Henderson's main come-back to this was that he could predict Bisping's game-plan. ****ing dull.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

All fights are boring in retrospect, unless they end in a knock out or feature an unorthodox fighter with a specific stylistic pedigree that isn't the usual MMA resume.

It's why guys like Machida, Cung Le generate a buzz, but a Bisping-Henderson ticket, although good-great fighters themselves, aren't exciting.

The UFC top-100 fights was BS. Half of them were ****ty fights, mismatched from the start, with spectacular knockouts. They should have just called it UFC Knockouts or something.

Unless MMA continues innovating, and traditional guys get more sport-oriented, we'll get to the point where we've seen it all and we'll start attaching more and more to invididual personalities, and it will turn into wrestling a little. Like WEC--Matt Brown is boring as hell, even though he's a wrecking ball. Urijah Faber was always entertaining.

Still beats the hell out of boxing and kickboxing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    All fights are boring in retrospect...
    That's a good point. Not entirely accurate in many cases I guess, but I was interested to see what would happen between them while it was happening. But then I spotted that Bisping's footwork was very predictable and he was in danger of eating some of those big rights, then we specifically got to hear his corner warning him about the same thing, and then we got to watch it being repeated and leading to his downfall... it was just disappointing.

...unless they end in a knock out or feature an unorthodox fighter with a specific stylistic pedigree that isn't the usual MMA resume...
    Dunno, I've seen enough lay and pray fights and slugfests (Pride 21 Takayama vs Frye being the most potentially dull yet somehow enthralling one that springs to mind) that have had interesting points.

I prefer MMA, but I still like K1 myself, and enjoy a good boxing match.

2008 and 2009 have been amazing years for boxing, showcasing not just incredible knockouts, but GREAT matchups of people who demonstrate incredible skill and heart, and who fight from start to finish.

I will agree that boxing had gotten a bit stale before then, but with Golden Boy and Top Rank, they've really kicked ass this last year and a half, with CLASSIC fights like

Israel Vasquez vs. Rafael Marquez III
    Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez
    Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz
    Shane Mosley vs. Antonio Margarito
    Manny Pacquiao vs. Ricky Hatton
    Miguel Cotto vs. Antonio Margarito
    Bernard Hopkins vs. Kelly Pavlik

just to name a few.
    If you want good boxing matches, just stay away from anything put on by Don King or (most of the time) Gary Shaw.

let's face it folks... the McMA and whole UFC is simply and purely for entertainment... it exists for no other reason than entertainment... the people who practice and partake in this blantant franken-sport are numbskulled dimwits.

next thing you'll see them painting their faces up, but then again, how approriate as they are nothing but a bunch of clowns anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulder***** View Post

Your insecurity isn't too obvious is it, *****?

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    let's face it folks... the McMA and whole UFC is simply and purely for entertainment...

Wait a minute...a spectator sport that's for entertainment?! Unthinkable!