Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taiji Ji Beng Bu Workshop

Taiji Ji Beng Bu Workshop

Hi All,
    On Friday August 14th I fly to Tennessee for a weekend workshop on Tai Ji Beng Bu.

I teach 2 roads and applications of the form.

Kevin

That's awesome! safe travels and all the best.
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

Shifu, we are looking forward to having you here and learning this section of TaiJi Tanglang Beng Bu. I have always been infatuated with TaiJi Mantis version of Beng Bu. From what my Shi-xiong tells me it has very complicated apps and drills!
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

I'm curious since were on the topic at what point in Beng Bu taught in the Taiji Tong Long system? Do the system also utilize the "Ling Beng Bu" set as well?

Thanks,
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

Quote Originally Posted by Tensei85 View Post
    I'm curious since were on the topic at what point in Beng Bu taught in the Taiji Tong Long system? Do the system also utilize the "Ling Beng Bu" set as well?

Thanks,
    I originally learned it after Ba Da Ma Bu. Sifu Li teaches it 3rd after Gong Li Chuan. I've just started "re-learning" it with Sifu Li (even within tjtl there are different "flavors"). Sifu Li also teaches the ling side.

You may enjoy two articles on cck tcpm bung bo written by my kung fu uncle, Prof. Randy Choy, of Honolulu.

Training in "Thrusting Foot Boxing" One of the most awesome hand forms of the Taiji praying Mantis Boxing system is the "Thrusting Foot Boxing" (Beng Bo), which consists of fifty-six postures. My students always want to know the secret of learning this very old boxing form. My answer is: you have to understand the twelve kinds of praying mantis fighting techniques which led to the creation of the form some 300 years ago from Mr. Wang Lang of the Northern Sung Dynasty.

So let's go through "Thrusting Foot Boxing" and I will give you examples of where these twelve fighting techniques are.
    If you are a practitioner of Northern Praying Mantis Boxing, then this article might be of some particular interest to you. The first step I would go through is to review my last article, analyzing your boxing form's horse stances and basic footwork. See if Mr. Wang Lang's twelve fighting techniques of "Thrusting Foot Boxing" (Beng Bo) does apply in some way to your boxing form. So let's go through a few "Rules of Chuan." This is what I do when I learn a boxing form. After learning all of the movements in this form, I would create a mental image of what I'm practicing. Based on the "Rules of Chuan," there must be an entire list of fist, palm, and claw strikes. If your instructor did not supply you with a list, then you've got to list it down yourself.
    Last edited by TaichiMantis; 07-14-2009 at 05:18 AM.
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Smile

After the basics (8 stances, single moves, 2 men practices, etc) are taught In CCK TCPM, we will begin with Gongliquan (KUNG LIK KUNE) generally. The second form sometimes would be Jiegen (swiftly follow) or Bengbu depending on the teacher. but both forms wouldl be taught before Lanjie.

There is indeed a Bengbu 2 men form or "ling" side to it. This form basically showcase the ideal flavor of engagement of the style. So it is important to understand the rhythm and flow of this form besides the applications and counters for the CCK TCPM practitioners.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Bung Bu is a great form and the Taichi Praying mantis version is different but not so different from other versions.

This was the 3rd hand form that I learned.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=40627603

Awesome! Thanks a lot Taichimantis, Mantis108 and Gunglihchuan.

Much appreciated.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    I originally learned it after Ba Da Ma Bu. Sifu Li teaches it 3rd after Gong Li Chuan. I've just started "re-learning" it with Sifu Li (even within tjtl there are different "flavors"). Sifu Li also teaches the ling side.

You may enjoy two articles on cck tcpm bung bo written by my kung fu uncle, Prof. Randy Choy, of Honolulu.
    I have published this book in the 80.

HI Alex,
    I have that book as well as your lanjie book. Both excellent books on the forms.

I did not get your fan book as I did not learn that form.

I had heard that there had been plans to make another book I think Jie Gen or Dan Zai Mei Hua.

It is a pity they never came out.
    Maybe they are still in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by alextse4 View Post
    I have published this book in the 80.

nice! I have your fan book
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by Tainan Mantis View Post
    HI Alex,
    I have that book as well as your lanjie book. Both excellent books on the forms.

I did not get your fan book as I did not learn that form.

I had heard that there had been plans to make another book I think Jie Gen or Dan Zai Mei Hua.

It is a pity they never came out.
    Maybe they are still in the works?
    Hi Tainan mantis:
    I haven't plan to make another taichi mantis book yet. But I have written a book named Bei shou Lin quan(secret hand continuous strikes). it contained a lot of mantis shou fat for 2men and ling bung bo also Yin Ching Por Dar.
    My next book is about jian.
    Regards,
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by yu shan View Post
    Shifu, we are looking forward to having you here and learning this section of TaiJi Tanglang Beng Bu. I have always been infatuated with TaiJi Mantis version of Beng Bu. From what my Shi-xiong tells me it has very complicated apps and drills!
    Hey Guys, How's everything been going? Sorry I haven't been in contact lately, but things have been really bad here in So. Illinois. Economy sucks!!!!! One of these days I'll catch up with all of you, promise.... I need a second job, lol

CS
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!

Hey Ron, can you make it to Shifu Kevin Brazier`s Beng Bu weekend training? We would love to have you.

Jim
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Quote Originally Posted by alextse4 View Post
    Hi Tainan mantis:
    I haven't plan to make another taichi mantis book yet. But I have written a book named Bei shou Lin quan(secret hand continuous strikes). it contained a lot of mantis shou fat for 2men and ling bung bo also Yin Ching Por Dar.
    My next book is about jian.
    Regards,
    Alex
    Hi Alex,
    How do I get the book Secret Hand and Continuous Strikes?

Which Jian form is the book on?

Kevin