Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Machida footsweep on concrete

Machida footsweep on concrete

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I kind of want to see what happens afterwards. She was slipping and sliding way before she got sweeped.

Tough guys all around it seems.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Quote Originally Posted by 冠木侍 View Post
    I kind of want to see what happens afterwards. She was slipping and sliding way before she got sweeped.

Tough guys all around it seems.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=99e_1247333433&c=1
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

What a ****head.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    What a ****head.

Touchy subject.

She WAS being a ***** and he did what we all WANTED to do, but probably wouldn't have. Chivalry, and all...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Yeah, when she was all like "Yeah, I AM a b1tch!" and throws the beer in his face, well if it was me I would have just fantasized about knocking her feet out from under her, 'cause I wouldn't hit a woman for such a ridiculous thing. But still, it would have taken a bit of self control not to follow through with it. She thought she was hot sh1t and that she could do whatever she wanted.... she found out differently...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Touchy subject.

She WAS being a ***** and he did what we all WANTED to do, but probably wouldn't have. Chivalry, and all...
    1. you never touch a woman no matter what she does

2. if you don't come on like an a-hole and push even when the woman obviously has no interest, she probably won;t throw beer in your face

even if she does, see 1. you never touch a woman no matter what she does
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Touchy subject.

What a ****head .
    Last edited by Mr Punch; 07-13-2009 at 11:04 PM.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

I agree it was a ***** thing to do, but you gotta keep in mind there are certain cultures where they just don't take that kind of slack from a woman...especially not an American one. That's something too many of us are ignorant of when traveling abroad. I say she's a bimbo for not knowing better.

Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    I agree it was a ***** thing to do, but you gotta keep in mind there are certain cultures where they just don't take that kind of slack from a woman...especially not an American one. That's something too many of us are ignorant of when traveling abroad. I say she's a bimbo for not knowing better.
    What a ****head.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    He broke the Connery Rule.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I'm sure it is a situational thing but usually girls do not go around throwing beer in people's faces. You have those rare cases where provocation is not necessary but I would have just had one of my female friends fight her.

Seriously though, it probably didn't have to go that far.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

the whole 'never hit a woman no matter what she does' is VERY chauvanistic in essence. by saying that, men are continuing to say that women are too stupid to realize the consequences of their actions and we should treat them as less than equals.

when a woman decides to physically attack a man she is counting on whatever chivalry he has to allow her to unfairly attack him. that's as bad a case of bullying as any other.

not saying that is the case here. just a general response to the general statements made.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    He broke the Connery Rule.
    I would say that he actually fulfilled it! somewhere, Sir Sean is smiling...

that said, it was flat out wrong to do that: if she had tried / succeeded to hit him over the head w/a beer bottle, fine; take gender out of it, it's got nothing to do w/it - he is guilty of aggravated assault;

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    I would say that he actually fulfilled it! somewhere, Sir Sean is smiling...

no, i don't really think so...

that said, it was flat out wrong to do that: if she had tried / succeeded to hit him over the head w/a beer bottle, fine; take gender out of it, it's got nothing to do w/it - he is guilty of aggravated assault;

...because, he did break the rule.

It was wrong. At most, the retaliation should have been another cup of beer in her face...response equal to the threat. He overstepped the line.

Also, I believe that the bigger, stronger and better you are, the more you are obligated to moderate your response. If you CAN completely decimate someone, you should not generally need to do so.

I like the 'fast approach with sudden stillness in thier face' response to mild physical threats: get in there face faster than they believed possible and then don't move while giving them that 'look'.

Most men CAN subdue a woman w/o really coming to blows with them. A simple bear hug and lift them off their feet till they stop screaming at you works...or did the several times I had to use it as a bouncer.
    Last edited by Oso; 07-14-2009 at 05:49 AM. Reason: spleling