Thread: Just gotta say I am a little ticked off and feeling a bit put out.

Just gotta say I am a little ticked off and feeling a bit put out.

There was an announcement earlier (Feb Mar) about a special price on the Magazine subscription. So I decided to take advantage of it. I had originally let my subscription lapse cause of missed mailings and having to call 2X cause of it.

Well that was back in Feb. I just called to see what was going on and was told I am not gonna get anything till the Sept/Oct issue. A whole half a year after I subscribe. I really think this should be fixed. I am sure I am not the only that feels this way. Specially new subscribers. To add to my frustration, the lady that answered the phone seems like she did not want to be there or have answered this question a thousand times and was sick of it.

Would love to support the magazine but this is rediculous. I think this will be it for me. Sad cause its the only magazine I know of that really cover traditional CMA. At least Martial Arts mart still has good products and ships on time if not early.

Oh well. Sorry Gene, I gave it 2 tries.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

That's disturbing.

Did you get the name of the woman who answered the phone? The person in charge of subscription fulfillment is Chris Stephans. If you have subscription issues, you can reach him directly at christigertn@hotmail.com or ask for him specifically when you call the Tennessee office. You don't have to say "sorry". We do.

Email me at Gene@KungFuMagazine.com and we can get this sorted.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Red face

Gene,

I called again yesterday afternoon after reading your post. I asked for Chris and the lady that answered offered to help me instead. I believe this was a different lady that I initially spoke with, since this one has a southern accent and the other did not.

She looked up my info and found out that the system had an address from my original subscription. This address was from 2yrs ago. This was not the address I used on my order. How it defaulted to that, I don't know.

She said she will correct the address and send out the current issue. She also was not sure what the other lady was talking about when I was told I would not get an issue till Oct.

It really is disconcerting that a simple subscription can get screwed up. From being given the wrong information to having a totally different address on the system.

So right now, I will wait and see if I get an issue.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Tell me about it

It's so hard to find good help nowadays. That's a monumental error. My apologies for the shortcomings of our subscriptions department.

What issues are you missing exactly? I will bring them to you personally if you let me know before 5 PM PST.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    It's so hard to find good help nowadays. That's a monumental error. My apologies for the shortcomings of our subscriptions department.

What issues are you missing exactly? I will bring them to you personally if you let me know before 5 PM PST.
    Sounds like you just need to ditch all employees not located in TN.... though I may be a little biased on that.....
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Indeed, street fighting is not a sport.
    The street may look like it's just laying there, but its plotting, it thrives on people walking all over it, until it decides its time to strike !!

Well as promised. Gene brought me the subcriptions and an extra one for the upcoming issue as well as some DVD and Kung Fu magazine lanyards for our students. I think Gene need to go to TN and train those folks in product knowledge and CS.

THANK YOU GENE!!

I wish I could do that for everyone.

I remember hearing this hilarious tale about the publishers for Mad magazine. They had a lone subscriber in PR, or some odd place, and when he canceled, they all decided to go there and sign him back up personally. It worked. Those were the days when publishers could do crazy stuff like that.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips