Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headkicks revisted

i simply muse at spectator sports being touted as "realistic" while maintaining a set of rules and regulations that would otherwise not be in a "real" situation - thats all.
    Um, I disagree. It is only sensible that you would apply some rules.

Anyway, how does your training address realistic fighting then? Do you pressure test your martial art with opponents? Weapons?

Fight sports in their current iterative states are about as real as it will get for anyone. Heck, throw a streetfighter in the ring and see what happens (Kimbo Slice, lookin at you lol )

it is clear to me that the methods employed in training an mma fighter will take a person a lot further than postures, stances, patterns and old weapons that nobody uses anymore.

tcma needs some updates. Right now it is definitely anachronistic in scope.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Once again, you force me to aks

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH JAMIESON!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Not necessarily all head kicks, but no thread deaing with awesome kicks would be complete without the great Andy Hug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KltbxRVP0gU
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato