Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the lord thy funny guy!!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Inspired by a Mel Gibson movie to tattoo his face.
    on a spiritual level, our evolution has been encoded in this reality, which is activated with case specific "events" or "experiences".
    Sookie Stackhouse is a riot.
    well i WAS thrown out of and banned for 10 years from austria for rioting... it must simply be my inner nature to rebel against what has been "established".

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    don't tell everyone... i'll ride his a$$ until he taps out.
    OIVEY !!!!!

Hey, many americans have been inspired to do all sorts of things from the movies they watch.

It's worth noting that the actors wore makeup though.

Whereas with uki, that's for life...unless he chooses to endure it's removal.

It's not like he's mainstream or holds an office job or any of that.

People define themselves in many ways. It's a shout in the wilderness really.
    We all want to be heard.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    It's not like he's mainstream or holds an office job or any of that.
    i simply help build society from the ground up.

It's a shout in the wilderness really. We all want to be heard.
    only if you are lost, otherwise these "shouts" in the wilderness are from the search and rescue party.

When you "practice the way" of Sookie, you are mostly oblivious to the real world.
    appaerently i was oblivious to this snide remark... but, nonetheless there is another intellectual hat-trick up my sleeveless puter arms - define "real" oh wise misterkiller... i am aching to be enlightened by your omnicompetent presence on the boards.

define "real" oh wise misterkiller... i am aching to be enlightened by your omnicompetent presence on the boards.
    Obviously I mean the reality on which your evolution has been encoded...on a spiritual level...which was activated with case-specific "events" or "experiences," such as getting wedgied in junior high by the cool kids, chicks not wanting to been seen with you, and the blind gent you now let cut your hair.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Obviously I mean the reality on which your evolution has been encoded...on a spiritual level...which was activated with case-specific "events" or "experiences," such as getting wedgied in junior high by the cool kids, chicks not wanting to been seen with you, and the blind gent you now let cut your hair.
    you seem to understand my point precisely!! what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger... ahhhhh... how my life has been inflected since then.

"what doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger" ~ Nietzsche

It's worthy of note that this particuilar philosopher was principally a nihilist.

Therefore, what doesn't kill us could possibly leave us severely disabled, handicapped, a vegetable, etc.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Numerology. Of course.

it a much more interesting story if i tell it to you while i am tripping face on magic mushrooms.
    It's pretty interesting sober, believe it or not. The way it crosses your face, it looks almost like some kind of alien zipper. I'm sure on mushrooms, we'd be waiting for you to unzip your face and reveal some crazy gorn alien head.

How does that change how people react to you? The sober ones, I mean...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LawdS21nvo
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    It's pretty interesting sober, believe it or not. The way it crosses your face, it looks almost like some kind of alien zipper.
    nice!! i haven't heard that one yet... my boss tells everyone that it means "cut along the dotted line", i tell the kids who ask that i got hit with a tomahawk.
    I'm sure on mushrooms, we'd be waiting for you to unzip your face and reveal some crazy gorn alien head.
    that would be one hêll of a trick!
    for starters, the average person simply think i am crazy... i have little old ladies clutch their purses tighter or switch them to the other side as they walk past me in the supermarkets and the like. LOL... half the time i want to go "BOO!", but i figure if they had a heart attack, i might be in a bit of hot water - then again on the flipside i get numerous compliments from various people... just today i had some older guy come up to me at the carnival just to introduce himself and meet me. other fun stuff it is like when there are like a group of homies with tattoos all up the neck, standing around looking hard as they can while loitering at the local supermarket entrance, i make an effort to make sure i walk right up to them, look them in the eye and wait for them to step out of my way... LOL... they always do... mostly from the younger generation i get nods of appreciation and respect... the best part i believe is the fact that i am a father who is doing a fine job at raising and providing for my children - this helps break the paradigm of tattooed guys being druggy losers or deadbeat dads... just the other day i was watching my son play at the playground and another small child started going down the jungle gym steps when he tripped - i had my arms folded at the time and managed to catch him like two inches before his face smashed the railing bar. the expression of the mother when she thanked me and looked at me was priceless... people talk. i like to make big splashes wherever i go - it gets peoples attention... snaps them out of their bubble world of ill-concieved misconceptions about this and that.

"what doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger" ~ Nietzsche
    funny... i never knew where i got that from - i have never read nietzche. in essence it is the truth, no? take for instance martial arts... you get into a confrontation, nearly get killed because you got beat up so bad - don't you think you would learn from your mistakes and what went wrong? how you handled the situation... broken down into minute details for the analyctical mind to more fully understand so that if there were ever a similar incident, a better outcome would ensure. the entire concept is profound - i hardly get any nihilistic or negative vibes from using it... i mean it in it's proper context - better kill me than let me learn the lesson for next time.
    It's worthy of note that this particuilar philosopher was principally a nihilist.
    at this point in the human journey it would amount to being a realist...
    Therefore, what doesn't kill us could possibly leave us severely disabled, handicapped, a vegetable, etc.
    how would that classify then as making us stronger?

when Ukulele and I met up at ZSF festival, we had a neat little convo re: Daoist symbolism, the earth's axis and the Polar Star which was very educational for me - he asked me a really good question and I had to pull the answer from deep outta my asz - (turns out it was the right answer, but you gotta think quick on your feet w/this Cat!); anyway, in retrospect, Mr. U's diagonal slash is set at about the same angle of declination as the axis of the earth - does that mean we all revolve around him?!?

To paraphrase Graham Chapman: "Uki is a looney, but he's a happy looney...lucky b@stard!"

how would that classify then as making us stronger?
    that could wholey depend on what one considers strength.

to be able to continue living after a sever accident leaving you crippled....man thats a strength I just dont think I personally have. I would finish it and take the easy way out.

at least thats what I say now who knows how the experience might strengthen my resolve...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    that could wholey depend on what one considers strength.

to be able to continue living after a sever accident leaving you crippled....man thats a strength I just dont think I personally have. I would finish it and take the easy way out.

at least thats what I say now who knows how the experience might strengthen my resolve...
    Wait til you have kids...that changes everything!