Thread: Anyone heard of Dragon Walking Swordsmanship

Anyone heard of Dragon Walking Swordsmanship

I hace a book that teaches the form of the sword style but not the applications. I am also having trouble with performing the form has anybody seen a video of the form or know the applications to the form

It's a Northern Shaolin form
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

need more info to tell.

dragon form/shape or long xing is not dragon walking.

usually we say dragon is crouching or swimming and not walking.

--

in Ba Gua, there is a dragon riding stance/step--

--

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    I have heard of the book, a form with such a name.

The applications reveal as needed. Learn the techniques.

But what is your wonder about use...for which technique? Mention a techniques describe some of the movement I migght be able to offer an application. Not necessarily the applications the form originators intended or that's practical but reasonable to some extent I might think.

No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Blog Entries

People Do not Get What They Do not Get

I think different things for different and the same people...

Sword at left, point to sky:

Applicatioin: left hand--sword is done with the right hand. so your left hand holds the sword representing you do not start with a sword in your hand as you have to draw a concealed weapon you can approach when weapons are not noticeable. Holding the sword point-up and along the back-ish of the left arm much of the sword is hidden. Walking, the left arm kept forward, the tip which extends beyond the shoulder is tilted out of sight from poeple directly in front of you. the blade is thin and might be hard to see anways else. Except for glare with an attitude walk the sword is invisibleand can be a secret cut (Not show in the form but an application none-the less.

No_Know

Application: sword fingers--this hides more of the handle while the palm and thumb out (relaxed~) hides the hilt.

Hidden Sword to Chest (I No-Know the names in the book exactly with all the moves described to be understood. Not actual names in book)--

Application: --a deflection to hurt a bare arm or meet an edged weapon or block a hard strike, sort-of-thing. The sword fingers grip makes the handle fingers clear for a lot of the handle for blocking/deflecting.

The blade rises can cut a person to the side on its own or while deflecting. The bledafter or during a deflection isat chest to face level of arush/sneak attackfrom the side. Or gut level diagonally--preventing getting grabbed from that side or hurting potentialy someone moving in on you from that side.

Sweeping-Brush and Poke

Application: --this could be a continuation of the deflect/block application. swiping down an attack during which you attack with the poke. Attacking while blocking/is attacking during a distraction--their focus on the faied attack or rerouted failing attack. Recommended attack zones for the poke is throat, places on the face (not giving suspected major hurt zones onlie right here).

Also the blade moves, being a possible uppercut with a blade to someone behind-ish you. Per haps as a rear elbow a rear stab.

Transfer (Hiddensword Elbow)

Application:--putting the sword into the sword arm hand cat stance and back move to comply with someone moving in on you from the front. like the guy in the movies comming downand you pull a pointy stick proppedat persons gut person ramming themselves on the point...

No_Know No_KnowNOTE:I got upto around the Sweeping the Army. I see my practice sessions learning the form from the book. I am giving what I recall though it has been twenty years or so since I practiced with a sword in hand.

No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 07-19-2009 at 09:49 AM. Reason: position
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    My Sifu taught me a Double BroadSword form that had a portion called, "Lung Hong Bot Gua" Dragon walks the Eight Diagrams"
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinstudent View Post
    I hace a book that teaches the form of the sword style but not the applications. I am also having trouble with performing the form has anybody seen a video of the form or know the applications to the form
    The applications include several disarms as well as the cutting of the wrist, fingers and thumb. It is one of the Bak Siu Lum inherited training forms. The book you refer to is very close to the way I was taught. Loong Ham Gim in Cantonese but my Cantonese is bad...
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Blog Entries
    Not a cat stance but a crouching single legged stance.