Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Cung fight again?

Will Cung fight again?

What sort of training schedule is he on now? How long would it take for him to prep for a fight?

gosh i sure hope so. i havnt heard any statement otherwise though. he is currently focusing on his movie career though
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Me too. Wonder what He would have been like if he had been doing mma since say 2000 or so? Woulda been fun to have seen him grow as a fighter..

Did you catch our last issue?

Cung talked about that with me in Catching Up with Cung Le: Sanshou's Golden Boy to the Silver Screen (July Aug 2009). He also discussed it in Cung Le Stars in FIGHTING which is in our e-zine.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I still have to make my trip of bandit warding, pirate thwarting, kungfumagazine nacho cheese seeking warrior journey for that issue. but im reading the ezine now.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by dcrjradmonish View Post
    well that looks like a very real possiblity then. cool

Dont know, Cung certainly dosent seem like he is thinking fighting at all. Cant says I blame him if he is killing it acting.

i guess its part of his movie contract to not fight until filming is done.

If he doesn't fight soon, he should vacate the belt. His Shamrock fight was last year, for christs sakes.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Well, Jake Shields is fighting for the inteirm belt against an unnamed foe...

If he doesn't fight soon, he should vacate the belt

Strikeforce isn't going to force Cung to vacate until more of his movies come out. Each time one of those films premieres, it's another free plug for them. They made a huge deal about Fighting. Look at the cage corners in photo of Cung in my article above. There were ads all over the house for that fight.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Yes, but the face of Kung Fu, is also getting up there in age. If he still wants to promote San Shou, he needs to go out there and whoop someones behind. Is he still training BJJ? Last I heard he had a blue belt, but this was a while ago. I know he has a wrestling background, but he definately needs to shore up his jui jitsu if he plans to really compete. What i mean by that is, i heard talk of a possible diaz fight. Thats a fight Diaz would try to take to the ground.

He stopped by the office two weeks ago

He said he always wanted to fight for UFC.

UFC 139 is slated for Strikeforce's old house - the HP Pavillion in San Jose.

Sat Sep, 10th
    The next fight is on! Vitor Belfort VS …

You heard it here first!

After Belfort’s last explosive win in UFC 133 against Yoshihiro Akiyama, UFC is quickly putting him back in the ring and this time against martial arts master Cung Le for UFC 139 on November 19th in San Jose, California.

UFC Champ VS Kickboxing Champ

His next step back to the top goes by the name of Cung Le with an undefeated kick boxing record and only suffering only one loss in MMA which he avenged with extreme force.

This champion Sanshou kick boxer is entering UFC for the first time after a reign in Strikeforce. He took some time after his win against Frank Shamrock to become the second Strikeforce Middleweight Champion before vacating the title to further pursue an acting career.

Le fights for UFC a desire that has been expressed greatly. “I know for a fact that if I do fight again, it’s going to be in the UFC. I’ve never fought in the UFC, but I would love to fight in the UFC. But right now because of my contract with Showtime and Strikeforce, hopefully things can work out because there is a show in San Jose that Cain Velasquez is the main event. I would love to fight in San Jose for the UFC….” said Le.

Training with a purpose!

With Ray Sefo on Vitor’s side we aim to see him pick up some new tricks. Prepare to see the same dedication he takes to creating his fists the fastest in MMA to his powerful trunks. This is going to be a battle!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

sory but Vitor will take this if it happens

It's MMA and anything can happen, but Cung will probably in my opinion take this, and then have a HUGE PAY DAY waiting for him
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....