Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Respect towards a Master

Part to a Whole

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    "You shall have no other gods before me." Not quite the same as saying "You shall have no other gods" now, is it? Early Jews were polytheistic. God wanted to make sure he was #1, but not necessarily the only one.
    Well thats one part but where's the rest.? Well, let me show you the whole Pie. Can I have everyone, ah-ha I say can everyone turn to the Old Testament book ah of Exodus ah-ha chapter 20, ha-ha verses 1-6, now I only have my NIV version on me, any one, ha I say any one have a King James Bible with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinstudent View Post
    Well thats one part but where's the rest.? Well, let me show you the whole Pie. Can I have everyone, ah-ha I say can everyone turn to the Old Testament book ah of Exodus ah-ha chapter 20, ha-ha verses 1-6, now I only have my NIV version on me, any one, ha I say any one have a King James Bible with them?

Well, that was weird.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Ewww Jehovahs Witness, I don't think so! I am a Christian not Pentecostal, Baptist, or Methodist just Christian. A child of the Living God
    since the witnesses are too polite to say it, i'll tell you to fuck yourself on their behalf. i'm sure they wouldnt even approve of me saying it, but differences make the world a beautiful place.
    where's my beer?

Sounds to me like this guy has got himself wrapped up into what we use to call in the south a "hardshell". These are splinter groups that intrepet the bible literally and see modern religion as too lax. That's fine. Worship as you wish....However expect to be viewed as a little weird!

so do you guys hate me cuz im heathen?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

From m-w.com Merriam Webster's site.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bow

bow

Main Entry:
    1bow Listen to the pronunciation of 1bow
    Pronunciation:
    \ˈbau̇\
    Function:
    verb
    Etymology:
    Middle English, from Old English būgan; akin to Old High German biogan to bend, Sanskrit bhujati he bends
    Date:
    before 12th century

intransitive verb
    1: to cease from competition or resistance : submit, yield <refusing to bow to the inevitable — John O'Hara> ; also : to suffer defeat <bowed to the champion>
    2: to bend the head, body, or knee in reverence, submission, or shame
    3: to incline the head or body in salutation or assent or to acknowledge applause
    4: debut <the play will bow next month>transitive verb
    1: to cause to incline
    2: to incline (as the head) especially in respect or submission
    3: to crush with a heavy burden4 a: to express by bowing
    b: to usher in or out with a bow

From the King James Bible
    http://etext.virginia.edu/etcbin/toc...&division=div1

1: And God spake all these words, saying,
    2: I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
    3: Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
    4: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
    5: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
    6: And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

The word has many meanings in the verb form. The Bible has many interpretations. Which meaning of the verb, and which interpretation you believe is up to you.

I neither pray to, nor worship my sifu, but I do respect him and acknowledge he has a higher level of knowledge and skill and greater time invested into the art.

The conclusion you come to, or the decision you make, whether anyone else likes it or not, is YOUR decision. You asked on a public forum and you got a public reply. Make your decision and go on, you may never convince anyone else of your point of view.

My 2 cents.

Ewww Jehovahs Witness, I don't think so! I am a Christian not Pentecostal, Baptist, or Methodist just Christian. A child of the Living God
    Any individual that views Jesus Christ as the son of God and his lord and saviour is a Christian, including JW's, 7Th day adventist, Pentecostals, etc etc.
    Perhaps you should adapt a more christian way at looking at things and focus on the similarities and not so much on the differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    so do you guys hate me cuz im heathen?
    God loves you, even if you are a heathen !

We hate you cause you lack chi !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    God loves you, even if you are a heathen !

We hate you cause you lack chi !
    you forgot to add that also because he's a fag.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    you forgot to add that also because he's a fag.

i better break the news to that chick i met at the pub last night....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

i better break the news to that chick i met at the pub last night....
    i think she already knows due to the sore anus and all... That and it's just good protocol to call him "she". You know, tolerance and acceptance and all that.
    lol

(hey it's after 10:00am and I haven't heard a rumour so I decided to start one!)
    Kung Fu is good for you.

hey its ok, i can weather the storm.

im just trying really hard to leave the 'mom and sister' comments out of it.

hey its ok, i can weather the storm.

im just trying really hard to leave the 'mom and sister' comments out of it.
    my mom is really really old, so no milf cracks, but granny cracks are acceptable.

I don't have a sister.

Unless my gay transexual brother counts as that?

Kung Fu is good for you.

are you married by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    my mom is really really old, so no milf cracks, but granny cracks are acceptable.

I don't have a sister.

Unless my gay transexual brother counts as that?

the great thing about your momz is that i can nurse those wet socks while hittin it doggy style.
    where's my beer?