Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: people need more martial arts training!!

Talking people need more martial arts training!!

it's true!! look what happens when people prey on the weak!! http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=665_1247720453

i cant play vids from that website, is there a corresponding written story?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i cant play vids from that website, is there a corresponding written story?
    police abuse power... abuse man...

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    police abuse power... abuse man...
    oh, that story...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I have a really funny taser story

The secret to good Cop defense:

Submissive

Respectful

With a sprinkle of that stink of fear. (they love that)
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=49e_1188169623
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 07-19-2009 at 03:20 PM.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Giving attitude to cops = you are a dimwit

Not that the cops didn't overreact, but the dude was tempting tigers obviously.

Maybe he can bring a suit against those cops.

But seriously, his behaviour around those cops was all wrong.

It's not the guy, its the badge and the office that is to be respected.
    some cops get it mixed up, but I give my undivided attention, yes sir, three bags full sir to any cop if s/he is addressing me in any way.

Learn to live in society people, if you can't, maybe the woods are for you!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Giving attitude to cops = you are a dimwit

Not that the cops didn't overreact, but the dude was tempting tigers obviously.

Maybe he can bring a suit against those cops.

But seriously, his behaviour around those cops was all wrong.

It's not the guy, its the badge and the office that is to be respected.
    some cops get it mixed up, but I give my undivided attention, yes sir, three bags full sir to any cop if s/he is addressing me in any way.

Learn to live in society people, if you can't, maybe the woods are for you!
    Those cops were complete tools but the guy had the wrong attitude dealing with a gang of people all wearing the same clothes, carrying guns and clubs and tasers and sprays and guns
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Those cops were complete tools but the guy had the wrong attitude dealing with a gang of people all wearing the same clothes, carrying guns and clubs and tasers and sprays and guns
    yeah really... he should've been spitting and cursing more... they hate a big snotwad hanging from their nose.

you said guns twice...

dun drink and drive

or has a designating driver a sober one.

or just get a cab

or just walk home, if you drink.

--

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    dun drink and drive

or has a designating driver a sober one.

or just get a cab

or just walk home, if you drink.

--

well the guy wasn't drunk, hadn't been drinking and was totally sober and passed the sobriety test.
    what he failed at was the social protocols of dealing with policemen in teh 21st century.

These protocols dictate that you speak when you are spoken to, you answer the questions promptly and you recognize the authority of the badge and office of teh constable that is making the queries of you.

When you give cops attitude or play like that guy did, then you are going to get in trouble, period, end of story. dead simple.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

well the guy wasn't drunk, hadn't been drinking and was totally sober and passed the sobriety test.
    what he failed at was the social protocols of dealing with policemen in teh 21st century.

These protocols dictate that you speak when you are spoken to, you answer the questions promptly and you recognize the authority of the badge and office of teh constable that is making the queries of you.

When you give cops attitude or play like that guy did, then you are going to get in trouble, period, end of story. dead simple.
    exactly the reason why more people need to not be afraid to talk back to them. once people stop being intimidated by the police, things will change... as long as people let themselves be pushed around, the police will continue to abuse their power. respect is a two way deal.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    exactly the reason why more people need to not be afraid to talk back to them. once people stop being intimidated by the police, things will change... as long as people let themselves be pushed around, the police will continue to abuse their power. respect is a two way deal.
    I fully disagree with you here.

The police are an established militia that as a society we empower to enforce the rule of law. Part of that social contract is that we deal with them in a manner that is fitting for the office to be dealt with.

They are not some regular dude who you chat with. They are not some dude to be questioned and challenged when they are specifically checking you out as a possible perp.

There is respect required and an observance of their authority over you as you are a participant in a law abiding society. You, as a voter and taxpayer sanction police authority.

I'm not saying there aren't abuses of power. Of course there are.

I am saying that you demonstrate a lack of understanding of what police are empowered to do and how we as regular civs should deal with them.

Getting up in their faces, talking back to them, being surly, etc etc is all unacceptable behaviour.

Be respectful, do not talk back. They represent the authority of the rule of law. So, when a police officer asks you to do something, you do it. Period.

If it is highly unusual, then you can address it at another point in time.
    You have legal power as well and can channel that correctly to a lawyer if there are any questionable actions by the police.

There are also vehicles for lodging complaints against the police and for suing a police department if one of their constables commits a crime in the performance of his or her duties.

It is not within your rights as an individual to treat the police with anything less than 100% respect and to give them your complete and undivided attention when they are dealing with you.

Get with the program man. We all have to live together and police are people too with a job to do and most of 'em have enough crap to deal with in a day that I won't see over the course of my lifetime. So the last thing you wanna do is be a ******* to a cop.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I fully disagree with you here.
    obviously this is because dragons and tigers are opposing forces of power... yet together they form a complimentary whole.
    The police are an established militia that as a society we empower to enforce the rule of law. Part of that social contract is that we deal with them in a manner that is fitting for the office to be dealt with.
    of course, yet like anything else they are nothing more than a pond to throw stones in.
    They are not some regular dude who you chat with.
    ummmm... yes they are... they are public servants... "to serve and protect".
    They are not some dude to be questioned and challenged when they are specifically checking you out as a possible perp.
    depends on why and under what circumstances they are doing the checking out - everything is purely situational in context...
    There is respect required and an observance of their authority over you as you are a participant in a law abiding society.
    again, it's a two way deal... innocent until proven guilty in the court of law - they need to play by their own rules if they expect us to.
    You, as a voter and taxpayer sanction police authority.
    i don't vote, am not registered to vote and i only pay taxes when i shop and when they take it out of check weekly... i do not voluntarily do these things.
    I'm not saying there aren't abuses of power. Of course there are.
    more and more and more and more and more...
    I am saying that you demonstrate a lack of understanding of what police are empowered to do and how we as regular civs should deal with them.
    i understand completely what they are empowered to do... in romania i was threatened with a beat down for feeding the pigeons... LOL... the whole time i couldn't really understand what they were saying and i just kept feeding the pigeons... i finally ran out of bread and they wandered off. police are police... they believe they can tell people what to do, to jump, how high and whatever other wet fantasy they happen to dream up. it's a two way deal... each encounter with the police is it's own unique experience... all men are created equal - jobs do not set us apart from one another in this retrospect.
    Getting up in their faces, talking back to them, being surly, etc etc is all unacceptable behaviour.
    again it depends on the incident... i have had some highly rewarding and memoriable experiences with the police because i chose to talk back and bump heads... you could say it has earned me respect around here with the local regional police force.
    Be respectful, do not talk back. They represent the authority of the rule of law. So, when a police officer asks you to do something, you do it. Period.
    meh... i won't go over it again... and a period is a definitive, i like commas and three dots...
    If it is highly unusual, then you can address it at another point in time.
    You have legal power as well and can channel that correctly to a lawyer if there are any questionable actions by the police.
    i don't need a lawyer to deal with the police... i live life in the NOW moment.
    There are also vehicles for lodging complaints against the police and for suing a police department if one of their constables commits a crime in the performance of his or her duties.
    that is a NOW moment later in the future.
    It is not within your rights as an individual to treat the police with anything less than 100% respect and to give them your complete and undivided attention when they are dealing with you.
    and the same can be said for them... respect and service is a two way deal... their badge don't mean jack-diddly-squat when i deal with them... i treat them with the same amount of respect as i would with anyone else... it's an "in your face" experience - life.
    Get with the program man.
    i am the new and improved - updated and revised edition... perhaps you can get a trade in for your out-dated model.
    We all have to live together and police are people too with a job to do and most of 'em have enough crap to deal with in a day that I won't see over the course of my lifetime.
    woopie do... i am not impressed - i have seen and experienced much in my life so far.
    So the last thing you wanna do is be a ******* to a cop.
    naturally... i will have to disagree with you.

Uki

The fact that you don't vote and don't pay taxes except for sales taxes puts you out of contention for complaining about anything.

that you are politically inactive is your own choice ad therefore you have removed your own voice from the chance of any change (ranting in a forum or two means exactly nothing)

that you don't pay taxes and yet use the services derived from those taxes is a failing on your part.

You don't seem to understand the basics about how a society works, so perhaps it is best you remain on the fringe, looking in.

p.s eventually you may want to normalize your life as a citizen of the usa. how you are living now will only make that more difficult.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Uki

The fact that you don't vote and don't pay taxes except for sales taxes puts you out of contention for complaining about anything.

that you are politically inactive is your own choice ad therefore you have removed your own voice from the chance of any change (ranting in a forum or two means exactly nothing)

that you don't pay taxes and yet use the services derived from those taxes is a failing on your part.

You don't seem to understand the basics about how a society works, so perhaps it is best you remain on the fringe, looking in.

p.s eventually you may want to normalize your life as a citizen of the usa. how you are living now will only make that more difficult.
    speak for yourself.