Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My student wins his first Sanda match!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    you can get 2 million in coverage for about $750

considering what they are charging the participants, don't you think they should cough that much up

Again, when I asked one of these promoters why it was so expensive to compete, he first tried to ACT like it was the "cost", but when I asked him about the ring (there wasn't one), the lei tai (there wasn't one) or the insurance (there isn't any) then you have to wonder what "expense" he is talking about
    Is there a cultural explanation for what would prevent these organizations to doing things the right way? Or is this purely personality driven, not necessarily reflective of culture?
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

Quote Originally Posted by htowndragon View Post
    I was fight #3 actually, fought right after the two female fighters competed. I was the one who got scraped across the eye towards the end of round one and dropped out of the fight. did you see that one? my other classmate was fight #4, went three rounds with some dude named Moore, and won. then went on to fight the guy i was fighting, but had an adrenaline dump and threw in the towel.

that sword thing was from our team. its something we're supposed to understand

I missed it. I was doing the continious sparring and running back and forth. A fellow instructor was filming the matches though so he may have gotten it. I will be sorting through some of the footage the following weekend.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

fight #1, #3, and #4 i would like to have a copy of as those are from david chin's hop gar school.

#1 is already online, but #3 and #4 would be greatly appreciated.

jason.liao88@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by htowndragon View Post
    fight #1, #3, and #4 i would like to have a copy of as those are from david chin's hop gar school.

#1 is already online, but #3 and #4 would be greatly appreciated.

jason.liao88@gmail.com
    the files may be too large for email. Its recorded in HD. I am going to see if I can maybe use rapidshare to upload and send you a link to dnld. I also don't know which fight is which with all the footage. If you can pm me their gear descriptions, that would help.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

how was the field of competition. fighters per class, and apparent experiance?
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE