Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: See Maoshan in a real fight!

See Maoshan in a real fight!

Sifu Ben Hill, aka Maoshan, agreed to fight Lyte Burley. Burley is an artist in the art of '52 Blocks'.

Here is video of the fight:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtesBEzSoY

Maoshan is the one wearing all black.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

nick woulda killt him...
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Well, another case of confirming the need for ground work in MA.
    I don't have many issues when MA decide to settle their differences with their fists, that's what MA are about, fighting.
    Too bad the guy in white didn't have much ground fighting ability, he could have finished very early and quickly.
    Both need to work on their clinch.
    Didn't see much Bagua or 52 blocks...

the content of the pre- and post-engagement exchange of rhetoric was exceedingly painful...

that said, the stand-up was pretty mediocre, for supposed "master" level, that is; the sacrifice take-down by Lyte was nice and he landed in good side-control; clearly, Maoshan has NO idea what to do on the ground: he didn't know how to defend the side-control that Lyte established after the takedown, he didn't know how to defend the attempted / successful mount, and he gave Lyte his back for the choke; conversely, while Lyte was able to maintain superior position throughout, he didn't seem to know how to fully capitalize on it either (or he chose not to?); but I think a lot of what he was able to do was due to Maoshan's total lack of ground-game - for example, Lyte gave up guard at one point leaving Maoshan w/many options to get to a better situation, but Maoshan did nothing and Lyte just moved from side to North/South without any real resistance;

in general, Lyte seemed to have the advantage throughout...I would say that it seems as if Lyte did let Maoshan back up, despite what some comments suggest on the video itself that Maoshan got up on his own: Lyte had control in North / South, then smiled at the camera and just backed-off...
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 07-21-2009 at 10:57 AM.

i didn't see anything worth watching from both ends. i didn't like lyte burly's goating htough.

Maoshan has been talking trash for years. Maybe now he will finally pipe down.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

i really did not expect maoshan to be like that in person with everything he says online. maybe he was humbled? don't know. i want to see BT fight though.

As I recall, David Ross fought a challenge match against Maoshan years ago. No one involved would talk about the results afterwards though...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Sifu Ben Hill, aka Maoshan, agreed to fight Lyte Burley. Burley is an artist in the art of '52 Blocks'.

Here is video of the fight:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtesBEzSoY

Maoshan is the one wearing all black.

Well...

a) At least they showed up and put it on the line.

b) someone learned that grappling may occur, and that cardio is involved.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Well...

a) At least they showed up and put it on the line.

b) someone learned that grappling may occur, and that cardio is involved.

Ya know, "a" alone makes it light years ahead of most "challenge matches".

I've been "challenged" several times, always accepted, never heard anything further from the challengers. At least this match actually happened...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Not really much of a fight.
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 07-22-2009 at 05:48 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Not really much of a fight.

I didn't really note the time, but Maoshan gassed out pretty quickly. I wonder if he's a smoker....
    Quote:

funny stuff!

I love the use of bagua and 52 blocks..
    I didn't know the 52 had chokes in them..
    maybe next time worry about controlling his back and not getting a choke. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    As I recall, David Ross fought a challenge match against Maoshan years ago. No one involved would talk about the results afterwards though...
    what's funny is that a completely fictional account of that match was leaked by someone who wasn't even there. for years it was believed by many and thought to validate a certain someone as well as their style.

i'm beginning to believe that a major part of tcma is the ability to stretch things into tall tales.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post

i'm beginning to believe that a major part of tcma is the ability to stretch things into tall tales.

Yes.

...we call that Chi.
    Quote: