Thread: Praying Mantis chi-kung helpful in street combat?

ascan Guest

Praying Mantis chi-kung helpful in street combat?

Is praying mantis chi-kung actually helpful in a real fight? Can anyone say this from real experience? If so, how?

EARTH DRAGON Guest

praying mantis qi gong

NOT REALLY SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY PRAYING MANTIS QIGONG THEY ARE TOTALLY SEPERATE INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL FORCES AS FAR AS PRAYING MANTIS GOES IT IS VERY EFFECTIVE IN ACTUAL COMBAT , THE LOW ENERGY USED TO BLOCK ALLOWS MORE ENERGY TO STRIKE AS OPPOSED TO KARATE WHICH USES FORCE TO BLOCK LEAVING ONLY 1/2 FORCE TO STRIKE . ALSO THE LOCKING ASPECT IS VERY EFFECTIVE AS WELL AS THE FOOT WORK " GETTING OUT OF THE WAY" SORT TO SPEAK ... HOPE THIS ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION P.L.U.R

http://www.kungfu.net

ascan Guest

Northern Praying Mantis chi-kung helpful in street combat?

Thanks Earth Dragon. Your reply was indeed very helpful.
    What I meant was the internal aspect of qi gong in Northern Praying Mantis. Do people in this style train in developing internal chi power and applying it in fighting? For example, using internal chi to take blows to the body or directing chi during a strike to make the strike more effevtive.
    Thanks.

Kiasyd Guest
    In my understanding, Qi Gong will bring improvement to you gradually, over time, it's not a conscious technique that you will apply when you see fit... It will improve your internal and external techniques, gradually.

Of course, I can be wrong, I'm just a newbie. :)

-- Kiasyd