Thread: Journal of Chinese Martial Studies

Journal of Chinese Martial Studies

Posted on behalf of the publisher:

Subject: Journal of Chinese Martial Studies

Just a brief note to let all friends know that a project I have been working on in the last few weeks has just seen the light

http://www.martialstudies.com.hk

The website is still under construction and the first Launch Issue just came out of press last day !

This first issue is free and available for download on the website in its electronic version.

I look forward to hear from all of you suggestions and remarks to make an even better second issue on Winter, which we are working on right now.

I also hope that everybody can help me spread the word so that this new periodical can reach the wide audience it deserves.

Thanks to everybody in advance,

Wong Yuen Ming

Journal of Chinese Martial Studies

Martial historian Stan Henning sent me the link to this new project he is involved with called the Journal of Chinese Martial Studies. It is the first Chinese English language journal of its type. As the name implies, it focuses strictly on Chinese martial arts, unlike the Journal of Asian Martial Arts which often includes stuff about Europe. You can download the launch issue (pdf) for free here:

www.martialstudies.com.hk

It has a whopping 108 pages and the best part is that it has no advertisements, just articles. They only publish two of these a year, so they definitely have time to put a great deal of effort into each one. The editors include Stan himself, Ma Mingda, Zhao Shiqing, Deng Changyou, Ma Lianzhen, and Wong Yuenming.
    Last edited by ghostexorcist; 07-22-2009 at 11:46 PM.

Very cool.

There are many good articles written in Chinese.

So a journal that is dedicated to translate them would be great.

of course, they also have original articles in English.

Somebody started to suggest a bilingual or both English and Chinese text.

Because, there will be more people reading Chinese. A lot of Chinese articles are difficult to find, too.

However, they are very specialized articles. so the readership is limited to special interests group.

---