Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Breastaurants

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

lol...poor iraqi
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    This was worth the coffee through the nose onto the keyboard this morning.

thanks man.
    My pleasure. They are a real phenomenon that deserves grant money for further investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardinkahnikov View Post
    You too?

Anyway, we can all agree that women are very sensitive about their appearance. I remeber this one time I told a lady friend, in a kind way, that she should cut down the chocolate a bit and lose a few extra pounds.

It was like an interdimensional portal straight to Hell itself had opened. "@sshole" and "loser" were the kindest words I heard in that particular ocasion.
    And then some women are simply insane. A few are just borderline. Not crazy but mos def "uncomfortable for everybody else" type insecure.

Years ago I had this co-worker who was a blond cute slightly overweight female. You know the type. The girl who was big in school then worked hard on the treadmill and turned out to be pretty cute. We see these types all the time. But you cannot judge their security on how they look, you must take into consideration what they USED to look like becoz all that drama insecurity was there once and reflex memory can be a motherfukcer.

So I am not fat, not chubby. In school I was on the skinny side. Me and her have opposite body types, but I was always so freaking hot and she was always so cold. And once I made the mistake of saying, "it's weird that I'm always hot when you are always cold". After that we finished whatever we were saying and I went back to work. Ten minutes later my boss is asking me what I could have said to make her run out crying. Like she went home and sh1t. My poor boss of course can't really reprimand me for that but he has to look like he at least cared. I smoothed it over after and made it easy for everyone but in her mind forever after I was the guy who called her fat.
    Unbelievable.

The way to deal with women like this is to leave. Escape. RUN!. But if you can't run and you are stuck with a woman like this then the best way to handle it is GENTLY! lol Try not to be genuine in any way and lie about everything they ask that concerns their ego. Never make prolonged eye contact and apologize for all the sh1t you don't do. Then maybe you will survive the experience without being "a giant horrible as$hole".

I'm pretty lucky that way. I only surround myself with sensible women. When there's a problem usually it really is my fault

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    And then some women are simply insane. A few are just borderline. Not crazy but mos def "uncomfortable for everybody else" type insecure.

Years ago I had this co-worker who was a blond cute slightly overweight female. You know the type. The girl who was big in school then worked hard on the treadmill and turned out to be pretty cute. We see these types all the time. But you cannot judge their security on how they look, you must take into consideration what they USED to look like becoz all that drama insecurity was there once and reflex memory can be a motherfukcer.

So I am not fat, not chubby. In school I was on the skinny side. Me and her have opposite body types, but I was always so freaking hot and she was always so cold. And once I made the mistake of saying, "it's weird that I'm always hot when you are always cold". After that we finished whatever we were saying and I went back to work. Ten minutes later my boss is asking me what I could have said to make her run out crying. Like she went home and sh1t. My poor boss of course can't really reprimand me for that but he has to look like he at least cared. I smoothed it over after and made it easy for everyone but in her mind forever after I was the guy who called her fat.
    Unbelievable.

The way to deal with women like this is to leave. Escape. RUN!. But if you can't run and you are stuck with a woman like this then the best way to handle it is GENTLY! lol Try not to be genuine in any way and lie about everything they ask that concerns their ego. Never make prolonged eye contact and apologize for all the sh1t you don't do. Then maybe you will survive the experience without being "a giant horrible as$hole".

I'm pretty lucky that way. I only surround myself with sensible women. When there's a problem usually it really is my fault
    hahah, jesus...an innocent comment strikes the insecurity nerve and sends chubby into shutdown. I'm sure it made for a great meeting story! It's funny to think that a 100-200 years ago chubby women were the beauty standart and that skinny was seem as unhealthy...

And you're right on the money when you say you should leave the nutcases behind - they need to work on their own demons before they can open up and be with someone.

IMO, pointing out to your significant other that they're gaining undesirable weight is also a form of love; you care about her image and her health. And also, call me selfish if you like, but I don't want to marry a cute girl only to have her turn into a mammoth who will greet me with her fat trembling inside her sweatpants when I get home after a day of work. Life's too short and I want to enjoy the good things while I can

Quote Originally Posted by Sardinkahnikov View Post
    hahah, jesus...an innocent comment strikes the insecurity nerve and sends chubby into shutdown. I'm sure it made for a great meeting story! It's funny to think that a 100-200 years ago chubby women were the beauty standart and that skinny was seem as unhealthy...

And you're right on the money when you say you should leave the nutcases behind - they need to work on their own demons before they can open up and be with someone.

IMO, pointing out to your significant other that they're gaining undesirable weight is also a form of love; you care about her image and her health. And also, call me selfish if you like, but I don't want to marry a cute girl only to have her turn into a mammoth who will greet me with her fat trembling inside her sweatpants when I get home after a day of work. Life's too short and I want to enjoy the good things while I can
    The thing is I liked her. She was cool. We were 100% Platonic and I had no interest in anything more than that and I think she felt the same. She was cute. She had a boyfriend who was a good looking nice guy even if he was a bit of a preppy douche, he was good for her. She had no reason to be so insecure. Despite the fact that I could never really believe any apology for wrongdoing I honestly did want to make it better and put it behind us. I did the best I could but we were never the same again. Before we were chummy, after she was "cordial" and "nice", if you know what I mean lol. Too bad. I never meant to be involved in highschool regression work drama. I never meant to make her feel bad, but no matter how many tears and glares I can't make myself believe I did anything wrong. I am willing to admit that I didn't take into account her MASSIVE insecurity before I made a normal comment. That's bout it tho.

I still don't understand why she was always so cold. Must've had bad circulation. She ran and exercised. In her defense she did have a job that involved 8 hours of standing but not much walking. But still, I would be sweating and she would be layering up and fukcing with the thermostat.

But then she probably secretly loathed me the way half my girlfriends have because I have the body type where I have to eat bad and sit for a month to get rid of the six pack. I'm not a buff guy or anything. I just have and always have had a very low body fat ratio. It pis$es some women off to watch you eat all the things they want to eat and not gain a pound. My battle is the opposite. I have to try if I want to gain weight. Like most things, it's a double edged sword. Grass is always greener.... right....
    Last edited by Syn7; 03-23-2012 at 04:29 PM.

I knew this would come around eventually

I always delight at OT threads that become relevant.

Traffic concerns kick Hooters martial arts events, Suski used car sale to the curb in Flint Township
    Published: Thursday, May 03, 2012, 7:55 AM
    By Roberto Acosta | racosta1@mlive.com

FLINT TOWNSHIP, MI -- Traffic and security concerns have caused Flint Township officials to reject the requests of two businesses that hoped to hold special events along the busy Miller Road commercial corridor.

The Flint Township board recently rejected a request to hold an MMA event at the Hooters restaurant on Miller Road. The board cited safety concerns due to traffic as part of the reason for the rejection.

The most recent decision came when trustees voted 4-3 to deny an application for an outdoor event and tent sale at the Miller Road Hooters Restaurant, which sought to host an Iron Cage Extreme mixed martial arts competition.

Organizers wanted to hold competitions and sell beer in the parking lot of the restaurant during separate events in May, June, July, August and September.

“They did make a presentation and it was an effective presentation,” said Kasle, who voted against the proposed event. “I think the concern of most of the people who voted no is a safety issue.”

With a busy intersection, an estimated crowd of 1,500 people and fencing cordoning off a hexagonal cage for bouts, Kasle said, “It was really a safety concern.”

“The people from Hooters who presented the request concentrated on the security they were going to have during the event, which concerned me a little,” he said.

The proposal included a list of 18 people to work security detail.

Treasurer Sandra Wright raised the issue of a shuttle service proposed from the Genesee Valley Center to the restaurant and back for attendees, questioning if the mall would want attendees taken back to their vehicles after they may have been drinking alcohol.

Supervisor Karyn Miller, who voted in favor of the event, said discussions have taken place with organizers about returning with an adjusted attendance figure of 500 to 750.

“I think they are going to come back. Cut that (1,500) in half and I think they’d be all right,” she said.

Event organizers could not be reached for comment.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Best article title of the week!

Breastaurants Rub against Each Other in Legal Catfight

A legal fight between major “breastaurants” Hooters of America LLC and La Cima Restaurants LLC made an out of the court settlement over the lawsuit filed by Hooters that claimed Joseph Hummel of La Cima for downloading confidential and proprietary company information. There was no certainty about the “confidential and proprietary” stuff, but La Cima chief and former Hooters CEO Coby Brooks has announced plans for 35 Twin Peaks Restaurants.

Hooters claimed that it had secured “the return and/or destruction of all its misappropriated information.” However, La Cima issued a press release saying that it was allowing Hooters to “walk away” without any compensation and that Hooters had “conceded” its claim lacked supportive evidence.

Mr. Brooks of La Cima told the media “La Cima has never had any intention of using any Hooters information.” He said that the executives in La Cima “have over 117 years of combined Hooters restaurant experience. We don’t need their documents; we wrote them.”

Another breastaurant chain called the Tilted Kilt has launched in Arizona and dresses its waitresses in plaid. They are also opening up in Canada.

Hooters has close to 430 restaurants famous for big-breasted “All-American Hooters Girls” waitresses. The former CEO of Hooters, Brooks, left to launch La Cima, and others followed him. La Cima would be opening its first Twin Peaks restaurant in Atlanta in July.

The Twin Peaks chain has the slogan “Eats, Drinks, Scenic Views,” and is famous for scantily clad waitresses having big bosoms. Though much smaller in size than Hooters (the size of business) Twin Peaks is gaining popularity with the slogan that its business “is about you, ‘cause you’re the man!’”

Hooters filed the suit when Hummel left Hooters and joined La Cima as its chief operating officer.
    You just gotta wonder what kind of proprietary info this might have been about. I mean it's not like breastaurants are rocket science. Busty waitresses in skimpy outfits - how hard is that to understand?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

sHOOTERS

Slightly OT. I couldn't resist 'locked and loaded nachos'.
    At Colorado burger joint, waitresses pack heat
    Published July 02, 2014
    FoxNews.com

At Shooters Grill, in Rifle, Colo., the waitresses take orders and pack heat.

It's called Shooters Grill and it is located in Rifle, Colo., so naturally, the waitresses pack heat.

The burger joint, about 180 miles west of Denver, embraces the firearms theme with menu items like the "M16 burrito," "Smith & Wesson Grilled Cheese" and "Locked and Loaded Nachos." The salt and pepper shakers are made from shotgun shells. But the biggest Second Amendment statement is in the guns waitresses carry, including the Rueger Blackhawk .357 Ashlee Saenz sports.

"No one has ever turned around and walked out because they saw a gun."
    - Lauren Boebert, owner of Shooters Grill

Owner Lauren Boebert, 27, started the trend when she began carrying a pistol shortly after opening the restaurant a year ago.

"I started open-carrying maybe a month after we opened just because I am a woman in business and I was there early hours and late nights," Boebert said. "There was a man beaten to death in the alley behind my restaurant last year. It was very unfortunate."

The accessorizing caught on with the staff. But even though carrying a gun openly is legal in Colorado, Boebert nonetheless makes staffers who want to pack take an extra safety course.

Customers don't feel threatened by their servers carrying guns, she said.

"No one has ever turned around and walked out because they saw a gun," Boebert said. "They might have left because it was too crowded, praise the Lord. But not over the guns."

Chef Matt Archambault said word of the gun-toting wait staff has brought in new customers in recent months, but it is the half-pound burgers that keep people coming back.

“Burgers are a staple of the restaurant," he told FoxNews.com. “It’s pretty much an all-American place. We love anyone who wants to come in.”

And Archambault does not carry a gun back in the kitchen.

"We have knives and spatulas," he laughed. "That's how I roll."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I am really annoyed when my brother wanted to dine at Hooters. Seriously? He was looking over and comparing! Are we not supposed to have a "decent" meal? How can we if if breasts are flashing to us literally every other second?

Tallywackers

Dallas, once again leading our country in cultural advances.

The male breastaurant: Dallas eatery Tallywackers will employ men in skimpy outfits
    BY Joel Landau
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Thursday, April 30, 2015, 4:33 PM

The breastaurant has met its male match.

An all-male Hooters inspired restaurant, which will probably have an endless supply of franks and beans jokes, is planning to open next month in Dallas.

The eatery named Tallywackers, which will include alcohol and 6-packs, could open in the city’s gayborhood section on May 9, owner Rodney Duke told the Kidd Krad**** Morning Show Wednesday.

Duke told the hosts he has pondered for 10 years why there wasn't a male equivalent of this type of breastaurant eatery where women are dressed in skimpy and revealing clothing.

"I just decided one day 'let's just do it,'" he said. "There's not anything like it anywhere and sure enough here we are opening next month."

Tallywackers/Facebook
    A Dallas restaurant called Tallywackers promises to be a male version of Hooters.

The restaurant will hire attractive men with pleasing physiques, but will make some modifications from the business plan of places like Hooters that cater to a limited adult male audience.

Besides the male employee, one area that will set them apart will be the menu, which will include comfort food, pasta and even a kids' menu "just in case."

Customers who walk in will also be able to choose which servers' section they want to sit. And along with major sporting events they will have parties for happenings like the Academy Awards.

The company has placed advertisements on its Facebook page featuring shirtless models but the attire for the employees is still being designed, Duke said. It will probably include a tight red T-shirt and boxer-briefs, he said. Shirtless would not work because chest hair is against the health code, he said.

"We want to hire a wide variety of men," he said. "Everyone has a different type."

Duke dodged some of the easy jokes like if the business had a firm opening or would serve cucumber salad, but admitted there is a spicy burger on the menu named "the flamer."

"The establishment will be a fun, respectable environment — of course with a little eye candy," Tallywackers spokesman Winston Lackey told the Daily News.

The word tallywackers originates from the employee whose job it was to count cattle when it was herded into the pen, Lackey said. But now the word is used as slang for the male sexual organ, which Lackey declined to comment on.

There has been a lot of anticipation for the eatery to open and Lackey said he expects a diverse group of people will be checking everything out when it opens.

"We've had all walks of life interested and we will welcome them all," he said.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

wait...what?

So breastaurant male customers feel disrespected by scantily clad waitresses because they are thought of as 'simple creatures'?

Leaked Memo Reveals What ‘Breastaurants’ Actually Think Of Their Customers
    BY TARA CULP-RESSLER POSTED ON MAY 19, 2015 AT 12:58 PM

Waitresses and a customer at a Texas-area Twin Peaks restaurant
    CREDIT: FLICKR CREATIVE COMMONS VIA MARKSCOTTAUSTINTX

Popularly known as “breastaurants,” the franchises that cater to the male gaze by employing scantily clad waitresses are enjoying booming business even as the rest of the restaurant industry has been struggling. Case in point: Twin Peaks, a Texas-based chain that was founded in 2005 to provide an even racier alternative to the ubiquitous Hooters franchise, was the fastest-growing restaurant chain in the U.S. in 2013.

Twin Peaks attributes its success to a basic understanding of the sexes. “Men are simple creatures and so you don’t have to get too crazy to get them in the door,” Kristen Colby, the director of marketing for Twin Peaks franchise, told the Huffington Post earlier this year. She said that beer, sports, and beautiful women are all it takes.

An internal branding memo provided to ThinkProgress from a current employee at a Twin Peaks restaurant, who preferred to remain anonymous over fears about losing their job, backs up that claim. That employee said the memo was distributed to all the franchises nationwide, as well as handed out to waitresses.
    According to the document, the restaurant wants to target guys “who love to have their ego stroked by beautiful girls,” and promises to provide an environment “that feeds their ego with the attention they crave.” They describe their typical customer as someone who likes “attention from beautiful girls and being recognized in front of the guys,” as well as someone who doesn’t want to be asked what he’s thinking:

An internal brand memo from Twin Peaks

Spokespeople for Twin Peaks did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

So-called “breastaurants” spark a lot of controversy for what many critics complain amounts to the objectification of women. Twin Peaks’ CEO, Randy DeWitt, refers to his female employees as “weapons of mass distraction.” The waitresses employed at Twin Peaks are given discounts at gyms, nail salons, and tanning salons, as well as a “diet menu” to help them avoid gaining any weight. Some of its locations hold “lingerie weeks” during which waitresses don their lacy underwear.

But the restaurant chain’s internal memo aimed at “guys-guys” is a reminder that deeply entrenched gender roles can also impact men. In a society where men are assumed to be “simple creatures” who never want to talk about what they’re thinking or feeling, there isn’t a lot of room for more nuanced explorations of masculinity — something that researchers confirm has demonstrably negative consequences for men’s health.

Twin Peaks has recently been in the news because one of the franchise’s restaurants was the site of a shoot-out among rival biker gangs in Waco, Texas that resulted in nine deaths, the recovery of about 100 weapons, and 170 arrests. In the aftermath of the violence, the restaurant has come under some scrutiny for hosting “Bike Nights” that attract large numbers of bikers from different gangs.

A Twin Peaks spokesperson confirmed this week that its Waco location will be permanently closed, and its other restaurants will be discouraged from offering Bike Nights. “We are in the people business, and the safety of the employees and guests in our restaurants is priority one,” the company’s corporate office said in a statement.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Too muscular for Tilted Kilt?

Clearly the managers of Tilted Kilt don't understand kilts at all.

Orlando Breastaurant Rejects Woman For Being 'Too Muscular'
    Anna Merlan
    5/28/15 5:00pm

Victoria Smith is a 29-year-old fitness addict, an enthusiastic amateur body builder who’s getting ready to start a job as a flight attendant later this summer. In the meantime, to earn a little extra cash, she applied at the Orlando location of the breastaurant chain The Tilted Kilt, where she says she was rejected because her legs were “too muscular.” This is legal! Completely gross, but legal.

Smith tells Jezebel she went into the Tilted Kilt for three rounds of interviews last week. The first was brief but went well, she says, and she was asked back to try on the Tilted Kilt uniform, a short plaid kilt paired with an equally short white top. For her second interview, she met with assistant manager Samantha Mosca, where she modeled the kilt. In the third round, she met with both Mosca and general manager Scott Gasiorowski.

Smith tried on a medium-sized kilt, but Gasiorowski noticed that it had no button on it. He handed her a small and asked her to change. A Kilt employee helped her change in the bathroom, wished her luck, and, to paraphrase what Smith told Jezebel, predicted confidently that with her breasts, she’d probably get the job easily. But the skirt was tiny, Smith says. She posed for a selfie in it while she was in the Kilt’s bathroom:

niekesinnery
    Follow

niekesinnery
    4 days ago
    Went for a second audition for a job and the general manager told me that my legs are too muscular for the skirt fitting. Shame. I'm not going to stop #lifting.

9 likes 0 comments
    “I was like, ‘This looks too short, it doesn’t look like I can bend at all,” she says. Gasiorowski, she says, told her when she came out of the bathroom that the length was “fine,” but the way the skirt hung over her hips and legs was all wrong.

“Because it’s a kilt, it has to be straight down,” he said, according to Smith. “It can’t flare out around your hips. It has to hang straight.”

After that, Smith adds, he stared at her legs for a moment, then added, “What sports do you do? Softball?”

Smith replied, with a smile, that she body-builds. Gasiorowski, she says, responded, “Oh yeah, your legs are probably pushing the skirt out. You’re muscular. OK.”

Gasiorowski, she says, “kept emphasizing the legs: ‘You’ve got a great body, but your legs?’” Finally, he told her she was “too muscular” to fit into the skirt, adding that it was “company policy” that it had to hang in a certain way, adding that the fit of the kilt mattered “over personality.”

Smith replied that she was in the process of “shredding” — building muscle and burning fat — and Gasiorowski told her to “come back in 30 days when you’ve lost the weight.”

“It was like a big slap in my face,” Smith says. “There’s no way I can be losing any fat on my legs. They’re all muscle. The only part I would be losing would be – it’s just back and front and in my tummy area. It was just completely insane what I’m hearing.”

At some point in the interview, Smith says, the two managers also showed her a “diagram” of the “perfect” Tilted Kilt Girl, who as far she could see was thin and didn’t have any visible tattoos. Then the interview was over.

“I didn’t even get to talk about my bubbly personality,” she says, a little sadly. She changed into her own clothes and came out to thank them for the interview opportunity, but both Mosca and Gasiorowski had already left.

Gasiorowski didn’t respond to requests for Jezebel’s requests for comment, which we left by phone, email, or Facebook message. Mosca, too, declined to comment. However, she previously spoke to Gawker writer Adam Weinstein, who worked on this story before passing it to us.

To Weinstein, Mosca confirmed that Smith was rejected for not fitting into the skirt correctly.

“She actually just did not fit the costume right,” she told him. “It has to go straight down.” She added: “She tried on the loosest one and that didn’t work out. She tried on the next loosest one and it didn’t work out. She tried on the tightest one and it didn’t work out. She just didn’t fit with the costume.”

“This is corporate policy, and that’s really all I have to say,” Mosca added. Weinstein says she also invited him to return with Smith to demonstrate the ways in which the skirt didn’t “work” on her body.

As a chain, Tilted Kilt employees actually seem to have a wide range of body types. Looking through Facebook photos of employees at various locations, I saw piercings, tattoos and curves, which the “perfect girl” diagram Smith says Mosca showed her would seem to prohibit.

At the same time, it’s perfectly legal for the Tilted Kilt to refuse to employ someone for being too muscular, or too skinny, or for any bad and insulting reason at all. That’s been pretty well-settled in a number of lawsuits against Hooters and against the Borgata Casino. In both cases, a judge ruled that it was legal to fire waitresses for gaining weight (in the Borgata case, the judge actually ruled that the waitresses are “akin to ‘sex objects’”). Hooters also previously fired a waitress after she was beaten up by her boyfriend and was too visibly injured to work.

Smith got into bodybuilding because she was suffering from PTSD, depression and anxiety. She’s trying to keep the incident in perspective, but says it was “humiliating.”

“Is it intimidating or something?” she asks. “A woman’s who’s strong, intelligent and muscular? That’s too much for men now?”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Clearly the managers of Tilted Kilt don't understand kilts at all.
    Her gym wear looks way better than that kilt getup.