Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Breastaurants

Luv it when an OT thread gets on topic...sort of...

How do you say 'breastaurant' in Chinese? Anyone?

Shenyang congee restaurant shamelessly promotes itself with bikini-clad waitresses

A newly opened restaurant in Shenyang, Liaoning province welcomed its customers with a crew of bikini-clad waitresses and shirtless bus boys on June 19, because if a business model works, just keep using it again and again, **** it.

The restaurant is located in the Tiexi district of Shenyang and specializes in congee, hot rice porridge that would probably really burn if it were spilled down the front of one's unclothed body.

By Crystal Lau

[Images via Tencent]
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Lol. That woman sitting at the table does not approve

3! Hogan loses.

Hulk Hogan’s Tampa Breastaurant ‘Hogan’s Beach’ Has Closed Its Doors, To The Surprise Of No One
    By: Brandon Stroud 10.16.15

Via YouTube

What’s a restaurant gonna do when a sex tape racism scandal and its namesake’s unsalvageable public image run wild on it?

According to multiple sources, disgraced WWE legend Hulk Hogan’s Tampa breastaurant Hogan’s Beach has closed its doors after two and a half years of business. Let’s check the eatery’s official website for more information:
    Hogan's Beach closed

Via hogansbeachtampa.com

At least Hulk has those Pastamania! franchises to fall back on.

The restaurant opened in the final days of 2012 with this quote, which would become prophetic:

“It’s going to be Jimmy Buffett’s [Margaritaville] times 10; Hooters times 10. It’s a logical extension of the Hogan brand, with my image and likeness.”

In 2014, the restaurant’s dress code went viral for such instructions as “no baggy pants” and “no sideways hats.” People then began to notice that there weren’t any black people in the Hogan’s Beach commercials. Funny how things come together after a while, huh?

The other notable incidents in Hogan’s Beach history include that time a lady stole an expensive wrestling shoe from the gift shop before it could be auctioned off for charity, and the saddest Labor Day rave you’ve ever seen.

We wish the staff of Hogan’s Beach the best in their future endeavors, and hope somebody remembered to give Jimmy Hart a ride home.
    Didn't even know this one existed. An image search of Hogan's beach turns up a lot of photos of a shirtless Hogan, but not a lot of the waitresses.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

A Chinese entry!

For Halloween only, sad to say.

LOOK: Shenyang restaurant hires topless models to serve its hungry customers

The Shenyang restaurant industry simply continues to innovate. After one congee restaurant made headlines over the summer with bikini-clad waitresses, another establishment seems to have decided that less is definitely more by hiring topless models as waitresses.

The women are clad only in body paint, bikini bottoms and nipple covers. At least mostly nipple covers as some of the women's breasts don't seem to have made it past Chinese online media censors' stringent inspection.

However, don't go rushing off to Shenyang just yet. It turns out that local reports say that this was only a promotional event for Halloween to draw some extra eaters and the restaurant has now returned to its usual boring, clothed serving staff.

Guess it's back to sitting in front of vacuum cleaners for the topless models.

[Images via NetEase]
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

More on China...

...there must be a Chinese name for these bikini bars akin to our American term 'breastaurants'. Anyone know?

To help out lonely 'bare branches' during Singles' Day, bar invites guests to give bikini babe in kiddie pool a 'beer bath'

Unless you happen to be an Alibaba exec, Singles' Day can be a tough time in China, especially if you are one of those unfortunate "bare branches" with no one to give you a back rub or snap your *****.

For the benefit of all the lonely singles, a bar in Shenyang brought in a babe wearing a bikini and had her dance around in a brightly-colored kiddie pool just beside the bar counter. Instead of drinking down their sorrows, guests were encouraged to pour their alcohol on to the woman to remind themselves of the benefits of being single.

While some guests seem more enthralled by a CBA game going on in the background and others just awkwardly horrified, some guys cut back and snapped some photos they can use to blackmail their buddies.

This is yet another reminder that if you want to be served food or drinks by a nearly naked woman then Shenyang is the city for you, just as long as you don't mind a little something extra in your air.
    [Images via NetEase]
    Contact the author of this article or email tips@shanghaiist.com with further questions, comments or tips.
    By Alex Linder in News on Nov 13, 2015 4:50 PM
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Yea, there's gotta be a new Chinese word for bikini waitresses

Maybe we should invent one. Because this thread is moving away from breastaurants into something uniquely PRC.

Bikini models dressed in Peking opera headgear cause a stir at hotpot banquet in Anhui

A team of bikini models who showed up to avail themselves of the free food on offer at the first Eastern China Hotpot Banquet in Hefei turned more than just a few heads.

The hotpot festival began at 6:20 p.m. last night at the city's Binhu district, offering residents of Hefei free hotpot for its two hour duration.

According to NetEase, the offer of free hotpot was too enticing for some, with thousands of residents descending on the venue for the chance to grab a meal on the house.

This group of bikini models, partially clad in Peking opera headdress, who were performing at a nearby exhibition just happened to stop by and grab a free meal before the show, lending no small amount of publicity to the proceedings.

[Images via NetEase]
    Contact the author of this article or email tips@shanghaiist.com with further questions, comments or tips.
    By Dominic Jackson in News on Nov 22, 2015 11:58 PM
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Slightly OT

I really must split this off into another thread as soon as I figure out an appropriate title.

State media hails hosting of China's first 'breast model championship', winner is fawned on by creepy guys

Chinese media is celebrating the hosting of the country's first "breast model championships" which took place last month in Hubei province, publishing a set of photos which show the winner being fawned on by her fans at a car show in Jiangsu province.

Jiang Qing, a girl from Nanjing who happens to share a name with Mao's fourth wife and leader of the Gang of Four, won the contest held on October 25 in Xiangyang city with her 34F bust.

Since being declared the national winner of the contest, Jiang has forged a career for herself as a model. This weekend she was photographed at the Huai'an city car show, surrounded by a number of enthusiastic fans who look positively captivated by her bosom.

The news will no doubt come as comfort to the models made jobless after Shanghai Auto, arguably the country's most prestigious car show, banned showroom models from this years exhibition. There's still plenty of work out there for those who want it!
    [Images via NetEase]

By Dominic Jackson in News on Nov 29, 2015 11:59 PM
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

beer, breasts & video games

I'm fascinated about how this thread as taken an Asian turn. Sign of the times?

Hooters opening gaming bar in Tokyo in partnership with video game company Namco
    Casey Baseel2 hours ago

Companies collaborating to earn all of the disposable income from 20 and 30-something males in Japan.

Asked to complete a checklist of their interests, just about any young man could put a mark next to “beer,” “breasts,” or “video games,” and many would be asking where the “all of the above” option is. So perhaps it was inevitable that Namco, one of Japan’s biggest video game companies, would eventually partner with Hooters, the American restaurant chain with busty waitresses and five locations in Japan.

This month, the companies are opening a new joint venture called Gaming Bar Side-B. Located on the premises of Hooters’ branch in Tokyo’s Shibuya neighborhood, Gaming Bar Side-B is being billed as an “interactive sports bar.” Along with drinks and light fare, including Hooters’ signature chicken wings, Gaming Bar Side-B will have video games, foosball, slot car racing, and Pop-A-Shot-style basketball shooting games. In addition to 18 different gaming stations, customers can watch sports being televised on screens mounted around the facility.

The aesthetic is described as “downtown New York,” which in this case seems to mean concrete floors, chain-link, and comfy sofas, at least judging from artist renditions.

Namco has announced that the facility will offer all-you-can-drink-and-play packages for 1,500 yen (US$12.50) for the first 30 minutes, with 30-minute extensions available for an additional 500 yen, which represents a decent value as long as you’re drinking and gaming at a brisk pace.

Gaming Bar Side-B opens December 18.

Restaurant information
    Gaming Bar Side-B
    Address: Tokyo-to, Shibuya-ku, Dogenzaka 2-29-5, Shibuya Prime 4th floor
    東京都渋谷区道玄坂2-29-5渋谷プライム 4F
    Open 5 p.m.-11:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 5 p.m.-4 a.m. Friday, noon- 4 a.m. Saturday, noon-11:30 p.m. Sunday

Source: Namco via IT Media
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt 4 2016!

The kicker here is that Spokane has good coffee.

Would You Buy Your Coffee From A Topless Barista?
    BY: MARK SHRAYBER 01.18.16

Good news for all of you living in Washington State. If you haven’t already planned a trip to Spokane, you may just want to take a drive out there. Not just for the beautiful scenery that the Pacific Northwest affords, but for the topless men and women who are serving coffee in drive-thrus across the city. They’re not going to get dirty with you, but as Food Beast points out, those looking for their morning caffeine fix might also just get a little “boobie action.”

This “boobie action” is the subject of a new video by Zagat (up top) that looks at the growing trend of topless (and sometimes bottomless) baristas and how they’re affecting the areas they live and work in. Is it controversial when a woman serves you a latte while wearing pasties? Absolutely. Are they also making more money than ever before? You bet! And in a world where a Starbucks with fully-clothed coffee artists lurks on every corner, can you really blame businesses that are trying to survive for trying out novel ways of attracting customers?

Of course, there are the children to consider. As a mom profiled in the video points out, her child was flummoxed after seeing breasts on parade in public one Christmas Eve. How, she wonders, would she explain all that cleavage to her kids? Personally, we’re more concerned about someone in a cold climate going bare-chested during the holidays and catching their death-of-cold.

Currently, Food Beast points out that that the “bikini baristas” are winning the fight to ban nudity. Now, everyone’s just waiting for the bigger chains to jump in.

(Via Food Beast)
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Meanwhile, in Chile

This article needs a better pic.

Chile's Racy Coffee Shops: Making Hooters Look Tame
    TEJAL RAO JAN 3, 2011 HEALTH

Two minutes ago, I was in front of the Palacio de la Moneda, in Santiago, Chile, standing in the sun with well-fed stray dogs, looking for the window of President Salvador Allende's office, where he died in 1973. Now I'm in a dark room surrounded by women in glow-in-the-dark thongs and the smoke's so heavy I can hardly breathe. I'm in a tunneled strip mall in the city center, in an unnamed coffee shop marked with a single sign: abierto. Open.

My waitress's white g-string glows in the black light. Her stockings too, which reach up her thighs and connect via a proper six-strap garter belt. As she leans over to serve the suits on the other side of the room, she casually gives my side of the horseshoe bar a view of her bare bottom. Then she greets me formally, with two kisses, and asks me how I am, as if we were old friends.

This is a particularly saucy café con piernas, a type of coffee shop in Santiago where the waitresses wear skimpy outfits (the name translates to "coffee with legs"). These coffee shops are a Chilean cultural phenomenon, varying in degrees of nudity. They don't serve alcohol and they maintain coffee shop hours, closing around 8 or 9 in the evening. At some, the waitresses look like dreamy flight attendants—tight, red shift dresses down to their knees. At others, the windows are blacked out, the walls mirrored, and the waitresses wear little more than underthings.

There's a dominatrix in a black pleather and lace two-piece upstairs and she's carrying a tray of stacked espresso cups and saucers, grinning. And there's a 20-something schoolgirl in knee socks and tartan knickers, bringing coffee and sparkling water to a group of businessmen. It's 4 o' clock on a Friday and these guys have clearly come straight from the office. Most of them aren't actually staring at the women; they're standing at the bar, talking to each other, lighting cigarettes and slim cigars. They're done for the day.

"Do you need sugar?" my waitress asks when she turns back, and she's got a squeeze-tube of simple syrup in her hand.

She says her name is Candy, points to her gold necklace to show that it's short for Candida. She's 21, has worked here a few months, and loves her job. The money and the hours are decent. And the men—she's surprised that I ask—don't give her any trouble. She's a student at a local college, studying physical education. She wants to become a personal trainer.

By the time I leave, I'm dizzy from the smoke, the flashing tile floors, and the infinite reflections of smooth, tanned bottoms on the mirrored walls. I never want to hear Rihanna again.

"How was the coffee?" my Chilean friend asks.

Hey, the coffee was actually pretty good!

"They are some of the best places for coffee around here," my friend says. "Is there somewhere that compares in America?"

As we walk down a beautiful cobbled street, the spindrift of a plaza fountain catches the light and tiny rainbows chisel away at the church facade. I find myself hollering, "Oh yeah, Hooters!"

Though there was until recently a Hooters in Santiago, my friend never went. I explain its cultural significance: In Atlanta, I say, as the boys turned 18, off they went to Hooters, to officiate their manhood with deep-fried chicken wings and fried pickles. It became their tradition.

"And the wings at Hooters, they're actually pretty good."

"International business strategy," shrugs my friend. "You go for the girls but you stay for the coffee. Or is it the other way around?"
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

A friend forwarded this to me, so I thought I'd share

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    The kicker here is that Spokane has good coffee.
    But, is the coffee good ?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Ronda Rousey Hit Up Hooters After the Marine Corps Ball

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

No better barometer...

Ya know, I post all of these random news items here because I find it fascinating to see the changes in the PRC. And I think no thread is more indicative of rise of the 'sleeping dragon' than this here one, how it has gradually been taken over by PRC stories. Progress, my friends, comrades and fellow members, progress!

Shandong food street hires scantily-clad model to sell its snacks

Last Friday in Weifang city, Shandong province, photographers took a few eye-catching snapshots of a skimpy model posing around a traditional snack street. It seems the proprietors are trying out a novel new way of selling their goods.

After all, whose appetite wouldn't be influenced by Spicy soup hottie, Steamed bun hottie or Mantou hottie?

Netizens have unfortunately injected the photo shoot with a bit of harsh realism in a few well-aimed comments.

"This bull**** photographer is corrupting Shandong's image," reads one comment on Kuaibao.
    "The girl is so ugly, seeing her I can't even swallow my food," another added. Yikes.

We'll leave it to you to judge the photos, but why not check out another mix of modern and traditional with these qipaos on Wuhan's metro or perhaps this sexy winner of China's first "breast model championship."
    By Kitty Lai
    [Images via Kuaibao]
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Progress, my friends, comrades and fellow members, progress!
    Transgendered models