Thread: wah lum praying mantis

Hybrid View

wah lum praying mantis

hey guys im in colorado and i found about about a wah lum temple praying mantis school
    does anybody here train in this particular style of tam tui mantis and can give me some info on the style?

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Very structured northern chinese style. It's a mixture of things... some long fist, some shorter type hand strikes, a number of different types of kicks (not just the typical roundhouse, side kick, etc.), and unusual hand strikes. It has a lot of low stances that are difficult when first learned. The forms are very cardio intensive!!!
    quantum2

It's a hybrid system and has elements of Northern and Southern Kung Fu. It has it's share of controversy but it's a good workout, traditional CMA moves geared more towards performance and intense physical ability. If you're looking to fight MMA then there are better choiced.

BTW, it's my primary style.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

yaosing I wouldn't have guessed that from your avatar, I thought wah lum doesn't do spear. I don't see wah lum praying mantis anywhere in Houston but maybe I don't know where i'm looking.

Hua Lin does not do spear, that is hilarious. goju, go check the school out, Shifu Eric Bernsdore is a good man and a good kung fu teacher.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

doesn't do spear. lol.

zhugeliang - go to American Martial Arts Academy on Westheimer. Sifu Wallace Cupp is there. He is old school wah lum from Boston. If anyone does wah lum in houston its him.

Quote Originally Posted by zhugeliang View Post
    yaosing I wouldn't have guessed that from your avatar, I thought wah lum doesn't do spear. I don't see wah lum praying mantis anywhere in Houston but maybe I don't know where i'm looking.
    If you want to see wah lum there are a few people in texas.
    The only official school i know is in clute about an hour south of houston.
    There's Jade Mountain Martial arts in Katy texas, think that's where Masher Dong's from.
    The kung fu exchange folks do some wah lum sets (Austin, Killeen, Plano, Tyler).
    There was one other guy floating around, but forgot his name.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting