Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: immaturity level of forum posters

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    not all the time. I have been surfing many CMA forums in China, Taiwan, and south east Asia.

Usually, everyone knows about everyone. so most of the time, posters are just joking around.

for example, if a thread started with some questions, then answers are usually citing a link to a valid source. whatever you say without a verifiable good source will not be taken seriously.

if you said something about what you think, then the next post will be derailing it. such as have you eaten upstairs? are you hungry? I am cooking instant noodle, you may come.

previous post is considered upstairs to the current post. or tai shang.

the forum board is like a high building/hotel. moderators are called the owner of the building or lou zhu.

there is no noodle. it is simply an invitation to come over to my place and prove what you just said by exchanging hands. or meet in person then we discuss.

then you may respond by yes, I am coming, I will bring some wine and snacks (meaning friends).

good we are waiting for you.

---

they are all mature and serious about their posts.

--

if one backs down, then his talks/posts will be ignored in the future.

--

several weeks later, both may come back and post that they both have a good time over the weekend. the noodle is good, the wine and snacks are good, too. meaning they both get aquainted in person.

--

my point is that people already know people.

there is no point to prove anything on the forum board or it is a futile effort without meeting people in person.

so all the wasted arguments and posts will not be there.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    my point is that people already know people.
    and your point? people seem to think they deserve respect because of their position in the martial arts world, yet they treat people who are preconcievably beneath them without any respect and then when one of somebody seemingly dis-respects them, they start crying like a two year-old.
    there is no point to prove anything on the forum board or it is a futile effort without meeting people in person.
    so when is the big shing daza?? we should keep it somewhere natural - out is the open... have a stream or two nearby, a forest within the folds of some mountains - it would make a great issue for the magazine.
    so all the wasted arguments and posts will not be there.
    what one man throws away, another man can use it for utilization... it's amazing what can be found when you dig around in the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    what one man throws away, another man can use it for utilization... it's amazing what can be found when you dig around in the trash.
    I have always said that the BB is part of my training......ok not directly MA training, but Ch'an training, which is still MA training to me!

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    all i can say is that the number of people that seem to get off belittling other posters is absolutely astounding... good job all you disciplined martial artists(especially the ones who claim to be master-sifu-sensei's) - your humble aspects truly reveal themselves along with your childish posts.
    Good call! Let's make a post belittling people for belittling people! Yeah! That'll drive the point home. No wonder I rarely come back to this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    Good call! Let's make a post belittling people for belittling people! Yeah! That'll drive the point home.
    you're good!! mirrors are awesome teachers.
    No wonder I rarely come back to this place.
    that's a shame, you might actually learn something.