Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: immaturity level of forum posters

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    all i can say is that the number of people that seem to get off belittling other posters is absolutely astounding... good job all you disciplined martial artists(especially the ones who claim to be master-sifu-sensei's) - your humble aspects truly reveal themselves along with your childish posts.

STFU you pussy

people reveal their true selves with the words they choose to type.
    That is one possibility. It is easy to create an image of yourself through carefully worded posts on a forum and therefore can project whatever image they want. Whether or not they are like that in real life is always suspect but certainly not worth losing sleep over.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Quote Originally Posted by 冠木侍 View Post
    That is one possibility. It is easy to create an image of yourself through carefully worded posts on a forum and therefore can project whatever image they want. Whether or not they are like that in real life is always suspect but certainly not worth losing sleep over.
    i disagree here... even when people pretend to be someone else, they are still revealing their true selves wether they choose to acknowledge it or not... and you can be sure that i am not losing any sleep over anyone's post on these forums - i was simply making an observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    STFU you pussy
    awwwwww... this is the nicest post i have gotten from you so far.

all i can say is that the number of people that seem to get off belittling other posters is absolutely astounding... good job all you disciplined martial artists(especially the ones who claim to be master-sifu-sensei's) - your humble aspects truly reveal themselves along with your childish posts.
    I prefer to think of it as "TOUGH LOVE"!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    I prefer to think of it as "TOUGH LOVE"!
    ahhhh... so everyone really loves each other on these boards. nice.

i disagree here... even when people pretend to be someone else, they are still revealing their true selves wether they choose to acknowledge it or not... and you can be sure that i am not losing any sleep over anyone's post on these forums - i was simply making an observation.
    Well, what is "ONE"S TRUE SELF"?

The best that can be said is that what is revealed to others is merely an “aspect” of a false identity!

We don’t all act exactly the same under all life conditions. You treat a client/customer different than you treat your children, who are treated differently than you girl friend/wife who is treated differently than your parents, who are treated differently than your boss, who is treated differently than the phantasms posting on this BB!

We are all a multiplicity of personalities that are integrated into what we believe to be a cohesive identity!

Further, our impressions of others are all filtered through our own biased personalities. We are not even what we appear to be to ourselves, much less what we appear to be to others.

It is all a game of actors playing different roles at different times under different circumstances. Life is pretend.

Those \who take it too seriously are bound by the illusion!

ahhhh... so everyone really loves each other on these boards. nice.
    It is LOVE that keeps us together.....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    We don’t all act exactly the same under all life conditions. You treat a client/customer different than you treat your children, who are treated differently than you girl friend/wife who is treated differently than your parents, who are treated differently than your boss, who is treated differently than the phantasms posting on this BB!
    i'd beg to differ here... i'd be willing to say that i am the same person around my friends, parents, children, cashiers, this forum, my boss, my co-workers, judges, lawyers, etc, etc... there is no desire nor need for me to pretend to be someone i am not - if people don't like me... well, thats not really my problem now is it?

i'd beg to differ here... i'd be willing to say that i am the same person around my friends, parents, children, cashiers, this forum, my boss, my co-workers, judges, lawyers, etc, etc... there is no desire nor need for me to pretend to be someone i am not - if people don't like me... well, thats not really my problem now is it?
    Just because you don't perceive it does not mean you behave identically under all circumstances. You have the same identity, but different personalities according to the circumstance!

I am sure you are aware of this, you do have notable insight, you may just be defining the phenomenon differently than I!

Well, this forum in general isn't much of a Kung Fu forum to begin with. When you really read all the BS that passes for topics around here you can kinda figure that the level you are going to be working with is not top notch(yes, myself inc before any of you d o u c h e s type anything).

Quote Originally Posted by ittokaos View Post
    Well, this forum in general isn't much of a Kung Fu forum to begin with. When you really read all the BS that passes for topics around here you can kinda figure that the level you are going to be working with is not top notch(yes, myself inc before any of you d o u c h e s type anything).
    Huh, huh.......Huh, huh......he said, "douches"! Huh, huh!

well, to be fair, "this" forum does get colorful and although it is clearly not the off topic forum, it is the defacto one.

you can go into the sub forums and get a way cleaner line of discussion on specific topics.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    well, to be fair, "this" forum does get colorful and although it is clearly not the off topic forum, it is the defacto one.

you can go into the sub forums and get a way cleaner line of discussion on specific topics.
    Not really. Ths shaolin one is either kissing the butt of modern shaolin(wushu) when it is not trying to unravel the mystery of Shaolin Do.

The southern one is all stupid lineage fighting(clf and hung mainly)

The wing chun one is asking about the finer points all the while bashing their own style but saying that bong sao is useless, the stance is wrong, you need to train in a ton of other styles to make it effective, etc...

No one really says anything in the Nei Jia one. I guess they save it all for emptyflower.

The MMA one is always just talking about the latest or older PPV events.

The reality one just discusses people getting arrested for fighting or fights on youtube.

Off topic is there for no reason other than the fact that the main forum was getting too irrelevant for itself and had to be split up into two.

Once in a great while someone will actually post in the Other related arts forum.

The martial arts media one talks about anything that maybe might one day have something to do with kung fu in a movie and overall has release dates for said films.

The magazine one gives us updates on how the mag is doing and never needed a forum. I dont know about you but I dont feel the need to discuss in a forum setting a topic that really is just an update letter.

Which leaves us with the Northern mantis one and the Kung Fu training one. I dont practice Northern Mantis but they are one of the few that actaully discuss their style(in a semi civilized manner) and give tips on training. The training one is the other good one based on the fact that they actually talk about training.

The only reason to have a martial arts forum is to either discuss training(all aspects) or to discuss styles(since it's a Kung Fu one maybe we start there).

I am sorry, Mr. Jamieson, I disagree.

Not really. Ths shaolin one is either kissing the butt of modern shaolin(wushu) when it is not trying to unravel the mystery of Shaolin Do.

The southern one is all stupid lineage fighting(clf and hung mainly)

The wing chun one is asking about the finer points all the while bashing their own style but saying that bong sao is useless, the stance is wrong, you need to train in a ton of other styles to make it effective, etc...

No one really says anything in the Nei Jia one. I guess they save it all for emptyflower.

The MMA one is always just talking about the latest or older PPV events.

The reality one just discusses people getting arrested for fighting or fights on youtube.

Off topic is there for no reason other than the fact that the main forum was getting too irrelevant for itself and had to be split up into two.

Once in a great while someone will actually post in the Other related arts forum.

The martial arts media one talks about anything that maybe might one day have something to do with kung fu in a movie and overall has release dates for said films.

The magazine one gives us updates on how the mag is doing and never needed a forum. I dont know about you but I dont feel the need to discuss in a forum setting a topic that really is just an update letter.

Which leaves us with the Northern mantis one and the Kung Fu training one. I dont practice Northern Mantis but they are one of the few that actaully discuss their style(in a semi civilized manner) and give tips on training. The training one is the other good one based on the fact that they actually talk about training.

The only reason to have a martial arts forum is to either discuss training(all aspects) or to discuss styles(since it's a Kung Fu one maybe we start there).

I am sorry, Mr. Jamieson, I disagree.

Don't be sorry! It's totally 100% ok to disagree!

I have a different view. It's something along the lines of:

a) you gotta open a lot of oysters before you find a pearl.

or

b) you gotta shovel a lot of snow to get to the cabin sometimes.

:-)
    Kung Fu is good for you.

edited (10 character minimum)
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 07-30-2009 at 12:17 PM.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....