Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: immaturity level of forum posters

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

you gotta shovel a lot of snow to get to the cabin sometimes.
    that sounds vaguely "dirty"

Where is sanjuro!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I tried to edit, then deleted, now can't repost? Sort of weird huh?

I post a serious topic, like theory, and I get 5 responses and it drops to the bottom

When I put up "fake news " and go after the Shaolin DoH! squad, we get 156 responses in a day.

On the southern forum, I was getting interested in some documents relating to CLF and the Taiping rebellion, but the "my lineage is bigger than your lineage" stuff made the thread impossible to read

I like some of Rober Chu's posts on the wing chun forum, but mostly it's "would Emin Boztepe beat Godzilla on the moon in a chess match" sort of stuff there

I tried to have a serious discussion about the shape and context of Chi Sao, only to see people get their nose out of joint because it's some sort of sacred cow

That seems to be SOP here...

This is not a very serious forum. That just seems to be fact
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

you gotta open a lot of oysters before you find a pearl.
    unless you get lucky.
    you gotta shovel a lot of snow to get to the cabin sometimes.
    don't go to the cabin in the winter and you won't have to shovel the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    then the blame falls clearly on you, afterall you are the alpha and the omega - the entire forum revolves around you.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I tried to edit, then deleted, now can't repost? Sort of weird huh?

I post a serious topic, like theory, and I get 5 responses and it drops to the bottom

When I put up "fake news " and go after the Shaolin DoH! squad, we get 156 responses in a day.

On the southern forum, I was getting interested in some documents relating to CLF and the Taiping rebellion, but the "my lineage is bigger than your lineage" stuff made the thread impossible to read

I like some of Rober Chu's posts on the wing chun forum, but mostly it's "would Emin Boztepe beat Godzilla on the moon in a chess match" sort of stuff there

I tried to have a serious discussion about the shape and context of Chi Sao, only to see people get their nose out of joint because it's some sort of sacred cow

That seems to be SOP here...

well put - to whit, we've got the makings of a very nice discussion in the qigong /meditation section - but I'm betting it's only a matter of time before it dies from lack of oxygen or gets burned to a flaming crisp;

of course, at least the Burning Palm thread has died down, thankfully...

First you say this

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    all i can say is that the number of people that seem to get off belittling other posters is absolutely astounding... good job all you disciplined martial artists(especially the ones who claim to be master-sifu-sensei's) - your humble aspects truly reveal themselves along with your childish posts.
    Then you throw a general insult New York way.

a culture of ignorant and fearful idiots is hardly a culture worth belonging to.
    Pot, meet Kettle.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Well it is a social forum with MA as a common interest. I think sometimes people have expectations that are a bit to high!

It is more like a modern way of hanging out in a bar with your buddies. If you want to learn more about MA then buy a book or go to a school and actually train!

If you want to socialize, stay after class and down some brewskies with your fellow students and instructor, or hang out on a MA forum!

The same topic discussed over and over again gets pretty redundant over time! You can only talk about the big game you won in high school so many times before it just becomes boring!

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    Then you throw a general insult New York way.
    i didn't say anything about people insulting a city... i never knew a city actually cared about what was said about it... nice try though.

unless you get lucky.
    don't go to the cabin in the winter and you won't have to shovel the snow.
    a) yes, I suppose it's possible.

b) if you don't get inside, you freeze to death. what are your options?

Kung Fu is good for you.

b) if you don't get inside, you freeze to death. what are your options?

Snow Cave!

a) yes, I suppose it's possible.
    well that's because anything and everything IS possible.

b) if you don't get inside, you freeze to death. [/quote]not if you travel to in the three other seasons...
    what are your options?
    in my experience, it's easier to warm oneself up than to cool oneself off... practice some forms, jog, do some jumping jacks, juggle some iron balls, etc, etc, and you'll keep yourself warm until the weather breaks... and as scott stated, build a snow cave at night to stay warm... haven't you read any books by tom brown? survival should be like learning to cook - it's everyones personal responsibility.

a culture of ignorant and fearful idiots is hardly a culture worth belonging to.

Bro, you make some gross generalizations. Every place has its good and bad part. New York City is wonderful. It has its own culture and energy. It's not for everyone.

You also made a pretty negative statement about people who compete in fighting. It's no different then chess or baseball or any other competitive activity.

I know how a lot of "Kung Fu" people think because I've spent a lot of time with them and am one of them. Yin and Yang, it's based on relativity. Short begets long, and so on.

If you don't go out to fight with others you can never truly know where your level is. You just can't. You can think you're very good. You can think you're very bad or somewhere in between.... but those are thoughts. You'll never know unless you compare.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    fearful idiots? Hey, I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I'm NOT paranoid, because I carry a gun!
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    Bro, you make some gross generalizations.
    they're the ones that need to be made... most people are oblivious to the obvious.
    Every place has its good and bad part.
    this is correct.
    New York City is wonderful.
    when it is at it's zenith... yes.
    It has its own culture and energy.
    yes it does and it is experiencing a rapid descent towards nadir. history will tell us that the island of manhattan was bought for 24 dollars from the native indians of the time... considering that the white man brought diseases, war, and prejudice that eventually destroyed the ancient peoples of this land, this is nothing more than a reflection of what created this place... it is an energy vortex - it has something like 7 fault lines that criss-cross beneath it's street... naturally an energy vortex will manifest GREAT changes and revelations to be percieved(such is the nature of energy)... this planet is being raped of harmony by modern man, which is the same force that that eradicated the indians and their ancient way of life based on observing and respecting nature. as nadir approaches, the city will continue to self-destruct, simplt beacause: "what goes up, must come down".
    It's not for everyone.
    just like understanding the nature of things...
    You also made a pretty negative statement about people who compete in fighting.
    the best part about making generalizations is discovering the individual exceptions...
    It's no different then chess or baseball or any other competitive activity.
    yet much like playing baseball and playing chess, the only difference is the spectators... true test of skill does not require people any observers but those who participate... some play for fun, others for recognition.
    I know how a lot of "Kung Fu" people think because I've spent a lot of time with them and am one of them. Yin and Yang, it's based on relativity. Short begets long, and so on.
    what does kung fu mean? this is the core of the problem... proper understanding is the simple solution.
    If you don't go out to fight with others you can never truly know where your level is.
    very true, but going back to chess and baseball, some games are best played between friends or strangers with only themselves as witnesses.
    You just can't.
    yes, but i already explained the differential as to how you can.
    You can think you're very good.
    and you can also know you are.
    You can think you're very bad or somewhere in between
    why not walk the narrow path inbetween the two sides of the scale? this way you do not upset the balance as you pass by.
    but those are thoughts.
    and thought creates...
    You'll never know unless you compare.
    and you won't see unless you stop and look.

nice to see you back... i wondered what you were doing with yourself. glad to see all is well on your journey.

I agree with you about one thing, I dislike the "fight scene." I'd much rather compare in private then surrounded by a bunch of shaved chest, jelled hair, Tap Out wearing agro freaks.

As for New York and the white man and fault lines and all of that.... there are times I look around and think man is the scourge of the earth no matter where one looks. yea, white man robbed and killed off the natives here. Before that the Caribs were raiding and killing the Tainos here on these islands. And it was Africans that invented slavery. The undisciplined man without honor is a terrible thing and rampant.

But I see acts of kindness too. And even if they're rare I add my share and bring them with me and there's always the birds and waves.

And if the earth cracks and swallows me so be it. And if a wave dumps on me and takes me down for good, o well. I'm happy to be here now to feel the good and the bad. I used to think about all these things and now just see it as it is as it is is