Thread: Loose Teeth from Impact?

Loose Teeth from Impact?

Just had somewhat of a training accident and jarred my bottom two front teeth loose. It's really scary because I don't have medical/dental insurance, and seeing a private dentist could cost me upwards of $1500. Apparently they are still connected at the root...should I just let them remain in position and hope for the best? Is there anything TCM or acupressure-wise I can do? (pressing on the CV23 point brings some relief)

well, im not a dentist, but i do know this.

1) your teeth can heal. rinse with salt water a couple of times daily and keep your oral hygiene way up.

2)massage the gums lightly with your fingers

3)if you aren't allergic to ibuprofen, use it for the pain if you have much.

eventually, if your teeth were healthy and you are fairly healthy, the connective tissue and your gums should heal up. If there is no break in the teeth they should be fine.

I have my four front knocked in in a fight, I pushed them back up and in and they were good for about 2 years before i need a root canal. It wasn't until much later that my body started resorbing the teeth and I eventually lost them.

The dentist said it was the best thing i could do to put them back up and into the gums. They were nearly knocked right out.

anyway, good hygiene, massage and watch what you eat and drink (no pop, no heavy sugary stuff etc etc)
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Thank you David Jamieson! The very first thing I did was rinse them with warm salt water. Looks like I'd better start saving up for that root canal then, lol!

I know there is a kit boxers can use called the tooth saver or tooth doctor something along those lines. I can't say what it really was or if it worked (never tried it) but if I was in your shoes I'd look it up. I never had a tooth knocked out but I had one broken and it was costly and doesn't really look right with the cap. Good luck.

that is the thing i hate most about fighting.

in a fight i had once, a properly placed punch almost shifted one of my teeth. thankfully, it only ended up causing an unnoticeable slight crowding.

but, just be careful with the saltwater. i have readc what sounded like4 horror stories from people who used it two times everyday, or with some great frequency. it caused people to have teeth fall out! and not just one person, i read up to maybe a dozen people talking about this before i stopped reading anymore.

i forgot what lead me to read on that, but, i just recommend caution.

maybe you can find an online website that helps with dental related decisions.

i know my sis, who was a dentist assistant before, would tell u to go to a dentist and worry how to pay later.

good luck

The teeth are healing up fine..not as loose, but they still feel kinda weak. I'm going to a low-cost dental clinic on monday and see what's up. If they are eventually going to fall out anyway, part of me wants to just extract them and get it over with. It would give me a good excuse to get a gold tooth, or one of those bushy mustaches.

At this point I'm just worried I could never go to Outback Steakhouse again. That, to me, is a fate worse than death.

Hahahaha

I'm not a professional in heath care but I have been hit in the head many times and I've had loose teeth many times. Its no big deal. I've had this happen somewhere between ten and fifty times and always woke up the next morning with a tooth or teeth loose enough where I could move them around.

I always just leave them alone and make sure not to do anything to aggravate their condition and they have always healed with in one month.

Some people who are lucky enough to have a better combination of blocking and diplomacy then myself and somehow manage not to get punched in the head regularly tend to get a little freaked out by it but its not really not a big problem.

If its really loose or doesn't heal quickly then see a dentist

they will tighten up.. But at some point they will need to be replace.. I would definitely not do any extreme contact if you want to keep them.. Also wear a mouth piece at all times...when doing partner drills..

that's one lesson I have learned the hard way

Protect the money maker folks