Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sept/Oct 2009 Issue

another excellent article...

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU RON View Post
    Great article, excellent story.

Sifu Dino is the last of a dying breed. Back in those days we trained as he says, for self-defense. As Sifu Dino puts it - " it ( whip chain) can be a stabber, a bone crusher, a way to close blocks, a mini dagger or a sword''. One of the first to take black students - he bucked the trend, I salute him for that . He's old school, from a different era, a great man.

Thanks for the artclie.
    You're firing on all cylinders Gene, well done!

I particularly liked the way you linked Sifu Salvatera's story to the history of CMA moving into this country. You see a lot about CMA history in China, but how it came to be here is not well told at all.

And the mixed-culture issue is never discussed here, but very common in American CMA schools. Thanks for bringing that out of the Sifu.
    .... Skip

waaaaa!

i want my issue!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

my issue

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    waaaaa!

i want my issue!
    Hey Lucas;

I'll send you mine..... when I'm done with it....
    .... Skip

Quote Originally Posted by Skip J. View Post
    Hey Lucas;

I'll send you mine..... when I'm done with it....
    its ok skip, i do much appreciate the offer. i have a new subscription though, im just waiting for my issue to arrive.

thanks though!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Gene

You're welcome Lucas!

That Gene sure is a smoooothhhhh talker when it comes to talking about subscriptions..... but not having to look at newstands, especially not having to go out to newstands for that purpose, is priceless........ no reason to miss another copy again.
    .... Skip

true that. also the barnes and noble that i used to get my copies at isnt carrying them for the past while for some reason. either that or they sell out too fast. plus this way ill never miss an issue

subscription

It's interesting that you can follow our interests by our subscriptions..

After fishing for 30 years, about 10 years ago I started handtool woodworking. Never got much beyond rehabbing old handtools, but that was what interested me.. I let all my fishing subscriptions go and up to last year I had 4 ww'ing subscriptions and bought a buncha handtool books.

Last year I let all my ww'ing subscriptions go but one favorite, and have not bought any books in a long time. This year Gene talks me into this one, just goes to show that my main interest has been CMA for awhile now, and I expect it to remain so in the future...
    .... Skip

for those of you with subscriptions, how long does it generally take to get your issue?

im wodering if my mailperson stole mine now......

for a week

for those of you with subscriptions, how long does it generally take to get your issue?

im wodering if my mailperson stole mine now......
    I've had mine for a week now.... of course, I'm a new subscriber, so mine went out first! Either that or Texans get first pick....
    .... Skip

well the reason i ask is because this will be my first issue from my new subscription. im thinking my maillady secretly might have a kungfu obsession and she stole mines!

well the reason i ask is because this will be my first issue from my new subscription. im thinking my maillady secretly might have a kungfu obsession and she stole mines!
    maybe she has taken a liking to you and is waiting for you to ask for it back??

scored again..

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    maybe she has taken a liking to you and is waiting for you to ask for it back??
    Hey Lucas;

I think uki has scored again.....

Anyway, when it arrives - there is an excellent article on the death of Shek Kin & David Carradine titled "death by yin-yang" , that is, the deaths balance out.... and Gene let us carry on here for a month about DC knowing this was coming down the tube at us....

And last month you said:

"im miffed that barnes and noble doesnt carry your mag anymore, i have to travel across town for it now. and i dont drive.

good thing i got the next issue being hand delivered to me by a special service industry dedicated primarily to that express purpose. no more mag pilgrimages to the ever so dangerous downtown. although ill miss my scheduled trips of bandit warding, pirate thwarting, kungfumagazine nacho cheese seeking warrior journeys."

I completely missed that part about not driving??????
    Last edited by Skip J.; 08-13-2009 at 12:28 PM.
    .... Skip

Still no mag, Lucas?

That's odd. You might contact Customer Service:
    Tel: USA 1-800-824-2433 INTL 1-865-686-4862
    Fax: 1-865-686-4881 email: sales@martialartsmart.com
    Address: 5613 N Broadway Knoxville, TN 37918
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

lol, maybe i should ambush her on saturday and see what she's learned from the magazine!

i turn 30 in october and i still have not ever had my drivers license. most people do a 'wtf' take when i tell them that. its nothing legal, i just dont drive. i get a kick out of womens reactions when i tell them that. that info definately weeds out the women i dont want to talk to anyway. being in finance im usually expected to have some sort of nice ride. HA!

thanks for the info Gene. I'll give it through the weekend, see if I cant ambush my mail lady. shes a hot redhead so i best be careful.

i turn 30 in october and i still have not ever had my drivers license. most people do a 'wtf' take when i tell them that. its nothing legal, i just dont drive.
    LOL... nice!! i lost my license before i even got one and once i finally got it when i was 30(with 5 points on it), i got my first(and only) DUI three weeks later - lost it again for 14 months, but i am going on my 5th year clean as can be.