Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sept/Oct 2009 Issue

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    That would have given me a rocking story for my ZSF report.
    i don't do the death-match thing anymore, having lost the last few (darn that Scot_, he just wouldn't let me RIP, kept waking me back up to go again!);
    anyway, I actually have no issue w/Ukes per se, I like the guy and respect him for what he is, although I may not always agree w/his perspective on things (not that it matters, really);

tgy - feel free to submit an article. Here's our submission guidelines.
    thanks; I will read them through and see what I can come up with that might be of interest; since I will be stating up a private practice this fall, I will need to begin to re-engage in some shameless self-promotion after a break of ~9 years

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    any other proscriptions or was it just a slow day and you decided to go fishing?
    nah... it was a slow day... well sort of... i have this nice little mold problem in the house - it must be adversly affecting my nervous system... there seems to be a never-ending string of projects to tackle... i have to dig out an improperly installed trench drain, jack up the ceiling joists, winch the house back into square, restabilize everything, gut most of the rooms, and then some - all before the winter moves in mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    nah... it was a slow day... well sort of... i have this nice little mold problem in the house - it must be adversly affecting my nervous system... there seems to be a never-ending string of projects to tackle... i have to dig out an improperly installed trench drain, jack up the ceiling joists, winch the house back into square, restabilize everything, gut most of the rooms, and then some - all before the winter moves in mind you.
    good luck; be safe; keep your family well-sheltered;

who is this "taii gihk yahn" guy?
    You are lucky Gene caught your misspelling and fixed it for you....otherwise you would have been internationally embarrassed!

i don't do the death-match thing anymore, having lost the last few (darn that Scot_, he just wouldn't let me RIP, kept waking me back up to go again!);
    Well...if you would just stay dead, I wouldn't have to keep waking you up in order just to kill you again! You zombies are all alike! YOU NEVER STAY DEAD!!!

But not to worry...one of these days I'll let you sneak up behind me and brain ME for a change!

Just keep in mind that if, during your celebratory soliloquy prior to the coup de grace, you use too much verbiclastic insolence, I may doze off before I get to enjoy my own demise!

So remember "Keep it succsphinct-er!"

anyway, I actually have no issue w/Ukes per se, I like the guy and respect him for what he is, although I may not always agree w/his perspective on things (not that it matters, really);
    uki has no fixed perspective.....or was that me???? I forget!!!!

thanks; I will read them through and see what I can come up with that might be of interest; since I will be stating up a private practice this fall, I will need to begin to re-engage in some shameless self-promotion after a break of ~9 years
    Just remember Chris....and I am being serious now....sort of....what is interesting to you and me is not always interesting to everyone else, but if you insist on writing an article just for ME.....that's okay too!

P.S. Quit including me in a conversation without notifying me first...I'm trying to protect name from over exposure!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 08-21-2009 at 09:23 AM.

good luck; be safe; keep your family well-sheltered;
    thanks... if worse comes to worst, we always have fire and wool.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    You are lucky Gene caught your misspelling and fixed it for you....otherwise you would have been internationally embarrassed!
    well, I don't know if anything can top the incident at the Hague w/the albatross and the can of Cheez Whiz...

Well...if you would just stay dead, I wouldn't have to keep waking you up in order just to kill you again! You zombies are all alike! YOU NEVER STAY DEAD!!!
    it is an annoying by-product of being Lord of the Living Undead...

But not to worry...one of these days I'll let you sneak up behind me and brain ME for a change!
    Just keep in mind that if, during your celebratory soliloquy prior to the coup de grace, you use too much verbiclastic insolence, I may doze off before I get to enjoy my own demise!
    So remember "Keep it succsphinct-er!"
    zzzzzzzz....WHA?!? WHERE?!? WHO?!? oh, sorry, dozed off - you were saying?

uki has no fixed perspective.....or was that me???? I forget!!!!
    taking a page from "Scot_'s Book" (you know, the one that Joyce gave up reading because it was "just too damned long and convoluted!"), even having no fixed perspective is, in and of itself a fixed perspective if one is attached to the concept of not having a fixed perspective as opposed to simply having a fixed perspective or not having a fixed depending on what one perceives in the moment as long as one is not attached to one's perspective of perceiving the moment but rather just allowing the moment to occur as one perceives it unless one is attached to the concept of just allowing the moment to occur while it is being perceived as long as...[rinse, repeat]

you know, I think, that if Gene would devote an entire issue to this topic, the whole issue of whether or not the magazine should continue to be published would be solved irrevocably...

Just remember Chris....and I am being serious now....sort of....what is interesting to you and me is not always interesting to everyone else, but if you insist on writing an article just for ME.....that's okay too!
    you, know everything I do is because I want you to be happy, snooky...

P.S. Quit including me in a conversation without notifying me first...I'm trying to protect name from over exposure!
    well, if we accept a priori that all conversations past, present and future are de facto about you, then can it truly ever be said that we could have one without you being notified? stick that in the box w/your cat, Schrödinger...
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 08-21-2009 at 10:44 AM.

okaaaaaaaaaaaay

I'm glad we all met at ZSF. It puts so much in perspective when you really get to meet face to facial tattoo. BTW, Chris Stephans was one of the guys manning the Tiger Claw booth at ZSF. He was the one wearing the Cubs lid. Ok, maybe not. I can't remember what he was wearing. But if you have subscription problems, he's da man.

umm, did someone say cheez?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

BTW, Chris Stephans was one of the guys manning the Tiger Claw booth at ZSF. He was the one wearing the Cubs lid. Ok, maybe not. I can't remember what he was wearing.
    he was the red-headed dude... gotta pay attention to the fine details - in mycology they can kill ya.

That's him...

...good thing he's not a postal carrier or we'd have to keep him away from Lucas.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

...good thing he's not a postal carrier or we'd have to keep him away from Lucas.
    i was under the impression that lucas has a female postal worker... i didn't think stephans breasts were that big, then again i wasn't looking at his boobs or anything.

postal worker

You are correct I am not Lucas's female postal worker but if I was I would totally steal his mags. It was good to meet all of you guys at ZSF. Also, a Cubs mention or PB would def. have made a greater impression the the Mean Gene reference.

Haha. I almost dropped the PB and Cubs in there, but refraned at the last moment. dang it. I'm going to see if I can catch her (postal worker) this weekend. Maybe she would consider wrestling me for the magazines.

Thanks again Chris. Much appreciated.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

wrestle???

Really wrasslin' for kf mag? not worth it Gene is an excellent writer but not worth fighting over. Plus that sounds like something that would happen here in TN.

Well, ive seen her, shes hot! I may have an ulterior motive.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Hey now, don't bring me into your perverse peanut butter wrasslin' fantasies...

I'm not a redhead nor do I work for the postal service. And I'm not into baseball, much less the Cubs.

I'm ok with peanut butter, but that's another matter entirely.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips