Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: direct path to enligthement

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    And all this time I have been looking for it in my stamp book!
    I've got yer stamp book right here!
    (ok, we know that this can just go on ad infinitum, ad absurdum, ad nauseum, so let's just say that whatever you got, I got it right here! But considering that there really is no "here", that would mean it's nowhere; which would mean that I don't really got it. Which means that it might be in your stamp book, which I don't got, so I wouldn't know even if you did. Which you don't. I think.)

Isn't life strange!
    and then there's Uki...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    I've got yer stamp book right here!
    (ok, we know that this can just go on ad infinitum, ad absurdum, ad nauseum, so let's just say that whatever you got, I got it right here! But considering that there really is no "here", that would mean it's nowhere; which would mean that I don't really got it. Which means that it might be in your stamp book, which I don't got, so I wouldn't know even if you did. Which you don't. I think.)
    While that makes perfect sense, I still can't find my mind seal! Try looking in your son's toy box. If I know kids, he found it and started playing with it. I just found two balls in the hole in my weight bench today...LOL!!!

When my oldest son was a baby he used to put his 4 inch G.I. Joes in the holes in my squat rack!

Anyway....if you find it.....I'm sure you know what you can do with it!

While that makes perfect sense, I still can't find my mind seal! Try looking in your son's toy box. If I know kids, he found it and started playing with it. I just found two balls in the hole in my weight bench today...LOL!!!

When my oldest son was a baby he used to put his 4 inch G.I. Joes in the holes in my squat rack!
    oh, indeed - one does experience the most peculiar sensations spontaneously locating various items when sitting down on the couch to relax w/the paper...

Anyway....if you find it.....I'm sure you know what you can do with it!
    I dunno - use it to KILL YOU?!?!?

I dunno - use it to KILL YOU?!?!?
    LOL!!!

First of all...if you can't find my mind seal confirmation...how do you expect t find me!:

Secondly....if you could FINALLY kill me...I would take my mind seal confirmation with me and then there won't be any left for you!!

Thirdly...I'm telling Buddha on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    The big picture is correct.
    yet it is the correct placement of the little pieces that makes this so.
    Thus, it is called Cultivation after Enligtenment.
    what's the different between a mung bean and an acorn?
    That is the path of Zen.
    you can also bushwhack and skip the bends in the path if you have understanding of the topographical details.

First of all...if you can't find my mind seal confirmation...how do you expect t find me!:
    I can't even find ME, how can I be bothered with looking for YOU?

Secondly....if you could FINALLY kill me...
    I'd love to oblige you, I really would...I will work harder!

I would take my mind seal confirmation with me and then there won't be any left for you!!
    Mother always did say that you were the selfish one!

Thirdly...I'm telling Buddha on you!
    You mean that rotting corpse on the road a few miles back? He never listens to a word ANYONE says...

Mother always did say that you were the selfish one!
    whoa!!! do my mycological eyes decieve me??

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    whoa!!! do my mycological eyes decieve me??
    only if you trust what they tell you, gribocik

(dang; I was aiming for Scot_!)

this mushroom boy trusts his eyes when identifying mushrooms - if he didn't he'd need a kidney transplant.
    you let your eyes misguide your sight...

You missed me......you missed me.....Nyahh,....nyah.....nyah....nyah,...nyahhhhh hh, nyah!

The oldest know Ch’an texts to date are called the Bodhidharma Anthology/Tun-huang manuscripts discovered in caves in Tun-huang, China. It contains seven texts dated from Bodhidharma himself and his immediate successors. There are three individuals associated with Bodhidharma that are his direct descendants and mentioned within the texts, Hui-k’o, Master Yuan and Tao-yu. While Hui-k’o is the most well known, each of these three, as well as Bodhidharma and a number of others, are quoted within the texts. Following are a few quotes found in the Tun-huang texts:

“He who, without relying on the teaching of a master, sees Dharma from events is called one of sharp abilities. He who understands from the spoken teachings of a master is called one of dumb abilities”

Those of "dumb abilities", within the texts, are also referred to as "morons" and "stupid". These Masters did not believe in beating around the bush!

Master Yuan’s teachings are found within three of the seven texts indicating the high level of respect accorded his teachings. Master Yuan consistently criticizes reliance on Dharma, teachers, meditative practice and reliance on canonical texts. He states that faith in any of these leads only to self-deception and confusion.

A question to Dharma Master Yuan:

“Question: ‘Does one rely on Dharma or does one rely on people?’ Answer: ‘When in accordance with my understanding, you rely on neither people nor Dharma….Why? Because when you esteem knowledge, you are deceived by men and Dharma. If you value one person as correct, then you will not avoid the deceptive confusions of this person, and this is true even to the point where, if you say that a Buddha is the supreme person, you will not avoid deception. Why? Because you are deluded about the realm of objects. Because, by relying on this person, your mind of faith becomes heavy.’ Further: ‘Stupid people say that a Buddha is supreme among men. They say that nirvana is supreme among dharmas. Thus they are deluded and confused by men and dharmas.’"

This section is very similar to Sat Hon's teacher's quote noted in my signature:

"...students will come to you with chains of concepts and an unskillful teacher will give them another chain of concepts to carry around and they're both happy!"

Further from Master Yuan:

“Question: ‘What is the demon mind?’ Answer: 'Closing the eyes [in cross-legged sitting posture] and entering Samadhi.'"

So from the first, meditation was NOT the teaching!

Another practice of which I have been critical!

now I'm gonna have to go get out my copy of Blue Cliff Record...

Yeah the thread slowed down so I thought I would stir the soup a bit.

I never really liked the Blue Cliff record! Every time I read it I get bored and fall asleep!

So If you do post something, please explain it in ENGRISH for us simple minded folks!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 08-04-2009 at 07:26 AM.

“Question: ‘What is the demon mind?’ Answer: 'Closing the eyes [in cross-legged sitting posture] and entering Samadhi.'"

why is that demon mind?