Thread: UFC 101 predictions

UFC 101 predictions

OK so lets hear what ya think.

I'm going with:

BJ ofcourse!
    Silva
    Almeida
    Pellegrino
    I'm leaning to Amir.. but Hendricks wrestling record just won't let me pick against him.

I'll try to catch the undercard fights.. but the only that I can see that interests me is Thales Leites.

So how many people still hate BJ??

I don't hate BJ, but my money is on Florian. He has looked so good recently. His elbows are nasty. I want Forrest to win, but I gotta give the advantage to Da Spyder. I also have Pellegrino, Sadollah and Grove.

BJ is done by the 3rd!!!!!
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

i predict that this fight will be two idiots who will dance around until they decide to hug one another and then go flopping around on the floor like two fish out of the water... they will be limited in what they can do because of a politically correct set of rules and regulations... this fight will serve as another reminder of the hackery done to the martial arts in the interest of monetary gain.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i predict that this fight will be two idiots who will dance around until they decide to hug one another and then go flopping around on the floor like two fish out of the water... they will be limited in what they can do because of a politically correct set of rules and regulations... this fight will serve as another reminder of the hackery done to the martial arts in the interest of monetary gain.
    I think you should pull your pants back up and take a shower, you dirty old man !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I think you should pull your pants back up and take a shower, you dirty old man !
    why so? i get off on this!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    I don't hate BJ, but my money is on Florian. He has looked so good recently. His elbows are nasty. I want Forrest to win, but I gotta give the advantage to Da Spyder. I also have Pellegrino, Sadollah and Grove.

BJ is done by the 3rd!!!!!
    I like Kenny allot, so its a hard pick but the way I look at is like:

who has the most to lose? who is coming off bad losses? who has one fight to prove themselves? those people tend to push and train the hardest..
    BJ needs this win, badly. Almieda needs this win to prove that he even belongs in the UFC. Silva wants to retire, he has said it many times. He wants to retire on top. I just don't see Forrest beating Silva.. but who knows.

BJ could shock allot of people or just fade away.. we will see this weekend.

Really looking foward to Ken....flo getting whupped up on.He needs it.BJ got it and it has humbled him.

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    OK so lets hear what ya think.

I'm going with:

BJ ofcourse!
    Silva
    Almeida
    Pellegrino
    I'm leaning to Amir.. but Hendricks wrestling record just won't let me pick against him.

I'll try to catch the undercard fights.. but the only that I can see that interests me is Thales Leites.

So how many people still hate BJ??
    wow can I pick them or can I pick them?

WTF happened to Forest? I hate to see a good guy like that lose in such a horrible way...

Did anyone really think Silva was going to lose??

^ Folks probably didnt think he'd loose but that Forest would bring it, more? Wow that was bad for FG, sad to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimaroon View Post
    ^ Folks probably didnt think he'd loose but that Forest would bring it, more? Wow that was bad for FG, sad to see.
    I'm still trying to figure out what the hell happened.

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what the hell happened.
    The thought of a set up comes to mind

James

Forrest got hurt before the KO punch... but man i had to take several looks.. i mean to KO him while moving backwards damm but it was pin point right on the chin which torqued his chin something chronic...little embarassing but silvas sharp shooting is awesome for lack of a better word.

What now, Silva vs Hendo ???

DREW
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Quote Originally Posted by Liddel View Post
    Forrest got hurt before the KO punch... but man i had to take several looks.. i mean to KO him while moving backwards damm but it was pin point right on the chin which torqued his chin something chronic...little embarassing but silvas sharp shooting is awesome for lack of a better word.

DREW
    I watched it again, and I still think something was up. Even the commentator's didn't think that punch had much too it, but who knows eh? One has to experience it for themselves to know for sure what's going on.

Apparently Dana White hasn't seen Griffin since he was running out of the Octagon. Sorta weird behavior, since he wasn't expected to win in the first place.

Silva vs Machida should be next That would be interesting, but they are friends..

James

Quote Originally Posted by Liddel View Post

DREW
    No rematch with Henderson, Silva is about to leave the middle weight belt and fight only light heavy. It will make sense when you look at the whole picture.

Quote Originally Posted by sihing View Post
    I watched it again, and I still think something was up. Even the commentator's didn't think that punch had much too it, but who knows eh? One has to experience it for themselves to know for sure what's going on.

Apparently Dana White hasn't seen Griffin since he was running out of the Octagon. Sorta weird behavior, since he wasn't expected to win in the first place.

Silva vs Machida should be next That would be interesting, but they are friends..

James
    I honestly don't believe it was a fixed fight, I do believe that something was up. Maybe Forrest has a fracture before in his jaw or something else we don't know. It could just be Silva hitting it right...

Silva v Machida.. thats a good question it doesn't look like Silva will fight him. He has stated many times that he will never fight him. Dana is sure to convince him of fighting him in the end. What I think will happen in the end is :
    Silva will fight and win against all the light heavy fighters Dana puts in front of him (maybe 3 fights at most).. then Dana will push for a title fight. Silva will just refuse to fight and in the end he will retire... which is what he wants anyway. He is putting himself in a box to stop fighting in the UFC.
    The big question is what is he going to do after the UFC? I think he really wants to try Pro boxing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S50HNsKt6A

You can see it hit here. It's a solid punch.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.