Thread: Train in The Shongshan Mountains of Shaolin

Train in The Shongshan Mountains of Shaolin

To those of the members here who do not know me ,I have been living and training in China for the past 8 years, before that over two decades of martial arts training back in the states. Many people say I am living the martial artist dream. Well now my wife and I have organized a trip to my teacher's school in the mountains of Shaolin,to try to share the experience I have had the privilege to experience
    Name:  6CVK)Y]SMHUWL7_{8QO52BQ_副本_副本.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  101.7 KB

Are the rooms heated? Is the food bought from local organic farmers? How much of the 4 hrs/day training is with the master personally?
    Last edited by rett2; 09-30-2015 at 11:58 PM.

Hello Rett ,yes the rooms are heated of course, the organic food question will have to ask my teacher about that and yes master Shi Yanshuang leads every class. The material you work on depends on you. Basics are done as a group then depending on level and experience you can choose what you would like to train on. last trip we made there about two months ago [my wife and I still live in shenzhen city] i wanted to work on fighting application and some grappling, so Master Shi taught me a nice two man drill along with striking, locking and throwing application from one of the forms and the stone lock to build power behind these movements.

Thanks for answering. You mentioned the price not including plane fare, of course, but what about pickup and dropoff from Zhengzhou airport or express-train station? Included?

To be up-front, I'm just asking out of curiosity, not as a potential taker.

Quote Originally Posted by rett2 View Post
    Thanks for answering. You mentioned the price not including plane fare, of course, but what about pickup and dropoff from Zhengzhou airport or express-train station? Included?

To be up-front, I'm just asking out of curiosity, not as a potential taker.
    yes pick up and drop off are included

the train

buuh, i thought if not a direct airline, at least there would be a train now straight to the "Songshan Mountains of Shaolin" ... Name:  gnnnrrr.gif
Views: 153
Size:  1.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by breeze View Post
    buuh, i thought if not a direct airline, at least there would be a train now straight to the "Songshan Mountains of Shaolin" ... Name:  gnnnrrr.gif
Views: 153
Size:  1.1 KB
    Well they do have a nice new freeway, with shrubberies along the the side of the road.

Got our website up,promoting the Shaolin Temple and my teacher's school,as well as two week training camps in the mountians of Shaolin.
    http://www.shaolinwithchris.com/