Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the object lesson here?

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tib2Urowsdc

Both he and his students were completely convinced that the junk he was teaching them was real. This is what happens when you train in a little cocoon, and don't venture out into the real world to test things out.

While this is an extreme example, it's not really that much different than the things that many of the people post here. Just look at how many people talk about the skill of this or that grandmaster, but there is absolutely no evidence of this person doing anything skillful outside of the training facility with his own students or students attending a seminar.

It's also not that much different than those who claim certain techniques (can we say standing joint locks) are valid, although there is next to no evidence of these things working on a consistent basis.

And yes, this guy was talking crap about MMA being a sport with rules and how he had actually fought many times on the street and was also undefeated in over 200 no rules matches... and, until this match, there was no evidence of his skills, except as "felt" by his students. Sound familiar?

***Oh sure, the Vince McMahon Jr. WWE-like lunacy on that vid is very much a parallel to what goes on here. Right. I see it. Yep. In fact, maybe you could get Terence to initiate a class action lawsuit on behalf of the fourm, because it's just possible that simply even watching that vid could have harmful effects on our health!
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 08-10-2009 at 04:10 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tib2Urowsdc
    Both he and his students were completely convinced that the junk he was teaching them was real. This is what happens when you train in a little cocoon, and don't venture out into the real world to test things out.
    it's not really that much different than the things that many of the people post here. Just look at how many people talk about the skill of this or that grandmaster.
    I find it vastly different. am i alone on this.....? Lets use our own GM Ip man as an example. He never claimed anything special or out of this world. The stories of encounters we hear are from his students and people that were there. Sure exaggeration is part of stories but its a far cry from the delusional example in this thread.

And for balance i'll just put it out there that i doubt anyone here really beleives GM IP wasted ten japs in the same fight as portrayed in the latest movie LOL.

I personally believe he was just a dude that could punch above his weight becase im told by someone that was there, he's no god.

And yes, this guy was talking crap about MMA being a sport with rules and how he had actually fought many times on the street and was also undefeated in over 200 no rules matches...
    Seriously though, how many chunners here testify that thier sifu is undefeated in more than 5 street fights ?

How many have never been outside there own kwoon to spar or at least touch hands with another school ?

How many believe in Dim Mak and Chi blasts ? Show of hands

My Sifu personally never advocated Dim Mak and hes a CMD and Martial artist, hes been beaten in several fights but learnt from it.

I have touched hands with all 5 different sifu's in my local area and sparr with a group of friends from 4 other different styles and im of the opinion that VT is a great self defence system and its saved my ass several times and i only train it as a hobby.

And finally how many here have competed with VT and then consistently visited either an Aikido or TKD forum to enlighten the practitioners how s h i t thier training and system really are ? LOL

Seriously Dale i appreciate your experience and we see eye to eye on many things based on what i read from you in different threads, but for me a humble guy just trying to be good at what ive got, its getting a little stereotypical and boring man. And the VT geeks out there that talk BS about there fightin prowess are largely to blame but remember we're not all like that mate.

DREW
    Last edited by Liddel; 08-10-2009 at 04:24 PM.
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

You're right on all counts, Drew/Liddell. I mentioned "Dale Franks at his best" on another thread recently.

Well this latest troll attempt is an example of Dale Franks "at his worst", actually.

Although I gotta admit, this latest vid is friggin' funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    Although I gotta admit, this latest vid is friggin' funny.
    Ill never understand how people can by into that stuff, but i did have a laugh.

My friends all use the term 'common sence' from time to time, but i have never... i say 'un common' sence cause in reality - it aint all that common - LOL

DREW

Thats not VT

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdrzB...eature=related
    You don't have to be an idiot to believe in this stuff.
    Hey Monji - 3 mins 55 sec... Stephan Bonar ????

Someone confirm or deny for me.

DREW

Thats not VT

(the really sad part of this is, the part about Dillman is TRUE. He tried his tricks on some MMA fighters, they were uneffected and that was the excuse he gave)
    He told John Will, on whom his techniques also had no effect, that John was one of the small minority of the population whose chi flows backwards and that was why he was unaffected.
    Last edited by anerlich; 08-10-2009 at 05:12 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

The guy developed his Chi to live Healthy longer. But if he wants to fight with his Chi he needs to train his chi to break wood, brick and stone. An hit the karate guy with so much force the fight is over.

But if you only acquire Chi for health how can you expect to fight. But we did see a good demostration how his chi is very strong. He took extemely hard blows from a Karate guy and didn't die. So Is Chi is actually strong seeing he is like a 70 year old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Liddel View Post
    How many believe in Dim Mak and Chi blasts ? Show of hands
    Some on here do believe in it!
    You roll your eyes but there's some scam artists or scammed people on here talking about how they can fight with qi powers. And they will continue to make claims about how it really works until they actually have to try it with a non-compliant person.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu
    The guy developed his Chi to live Healthy longer. But if he wants to fight with his Chi he needs to train his chi to break wood, brick and stone.
    What BS. Look at that other clip of his where he's chi blasting his students. He's a scam artist. It's completely dishonest.

Good triumphed over evil when that guy got beaten down.

dim maks real they have done numerous studies on it its just most people who claim to know it are full of crap

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Actually, Dale, I found this YouTube depiction of your original video that has a whole lot more context including some of the demo BS beforehand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaC...eature=related

The more you see the more ridiculous it looks...

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Actually, Dale, I found this YouTube depiction of your original video that has a whole lot more context including some of the demo BS beforehand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaC...eature=related

The more you see the more ridiculous it looks...
    No more ridiculous that some of theoretical non-fighters make here.

No more ridiculous that some of theoretical non-fighters make here.
    Speaking of chi blasts, this sure looked like one to me.

http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/and...video-ufc-101/

However when you slow it down not so much...

Great thread. Not the least bit ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    dim maks real they have done numerous studies on it its just most people who claim to know it are full of crap
    OR all people who claim to know it are full of crap.

Numerous studies? Which ones?

When people say "dim mak means the death touch" it makes me cringe

Why do people do such stupid things? HINT, learn a little Chinese and you might find out that it doesn't mean anything of the sort!

Several decades ago, when we first met Chan Tai San and we were young and stupid, those two always seem to go together BTW, we asked him about "Dim Mak"

His answer? "Yeah, kick them in the groing, poke them in the eyes, box the ears"

NOTHING LIKE "DEATH TOUCH"
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....