Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ancient christian qigong

ancient christian qigong

hi guys i found method for ancient christian qigong

http://www.innerlightproductions.com...ts/jan2002.htm

looks like a ancient method of christian prayer for egyptian monks with dantian visualization

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

pretty interesting read there
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

hermits

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    hi guys i found method for ancient christian qigong

http://www.innerlightproductions.com...ts/jan2002.htm

looks like a ancient method of christian prayer for egyptian monks with dantian visualization
    Ah, well now....

I guess those old hermits knew what they were doing after all....

Thanks! that was cool.......
    .... Skip

The term for spirit in the hebrew and greek bibles referes to breath, ie: Chi in TCMA.
    The spirit is viewed as the life force and indestructable life force, when we die, the spirit returns to YHWH.
    The life force is what keeps us alive, like an "electrical current" if you will, when God created the world, he used his Holy Spirit, his breath, his life force ( sans light saber).
    The manipulation of the spirit force, though not something typically referred to in the Bible in regards to humans, is something that God and Jesus were able to do, not sure about angelic beings though...

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The term for spirit in the hebrew and greek bibles referes to breath, ie: Chi in TCMA.
    The spirit is viewed as the life force and indestructable life force, when we die, the spirit returns to YHWH.
    The life force is what keeps us alive, like an "electrical current" if you will, when God created the world, he used his Holy Spirit, his breath, his life force ( sans light saber).
    The manipulation of the spirit force, though not something typically referred to in the Bible in regards to humans, is something that God and Jesus were able to do, not sure about angelic beings though...
    QFT.

The life force bestowed within us and all living things by god in old hebrew is "ruach" or "breath".
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Pneuma in greek I think.

i always wondered how some people who can believe in a holy infinite being can have such hard problems with the concept of chi/prana/ki/mana/etc......
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i always wondered how some people who can believe in a holy infinite being can have such hard problems with the concept of chi/prana/ki/mana/etc......
    really? I have absolute faith in the ignorance of my fellow humans.

especially the overtly religious types. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Talking

i agree. My mom is one of those who denounced the concept of qi as evil for years. it wasn't until i became a martial artist and really sat down and expalined to her the similarities and described the feeling i had when I did qigong did she really start to listen.

I think that many martial artists can truly benefit from a more spiritual way of life because it can show you many sides to qi and thus increase your understanding of it.

Really old school prayer is actually one of the strongest qigongs I have done. But when you really look at it, its easy to figure it out. you are on your knees but hunched over in a fetal position(which is an old school daoist way of meditaion). The positon allows for more air to be received and pushed out. You are talking and therefore doing reverse abdominal breathing. And as you relax and the words start to flow, your mind is empty and the way you are speaking is similar to the way the six healing sounds are done.

Also, I once heard from a catholic sifu that the reason the saints all have halos, was the fact that there chi was so powerful it presented itself as a halo above their head.

food for thought

Actually, the majority of people don't have a problem with that stuff, its what people CLAIM they can DO with that stuff that makes people's eyebrows raise up.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Actually, the majority of people don't have a problem with that stuff, its what people CLAIM they can DO with that stuff that makes people's eyebrows raise up.
    like turning water into wine?

So what's the big deal? I can turn any ingest-able liquid into urine!

It's easy...you should try it!

pffft. thats nothing. i do that in my sleep...

now, turning solids into liquids.....

i can take any solid food form and in a matter of hours have it transformed into a liquidy substance, provided i add a special mixture into the solid food stuffs.

LOL!
    Over the past while I have found the Lord and have become a devote Christian so, yes I believe that Jesus did that, he also did the moonwalk on water because that is how COOL he was !

The original Christian communities in Ethiopia, Egypt and Eastern Orthodox rites have a more spiritual and meditative tradition. As Christianity began to move ito Europe proper, it began to lose that tradition as it spread outward to the greater populations.