Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your country is nuts!

Talking Your country is nuts!

Time for the periodical update on why the US is nuts thread... no vitriol, no slanging please, just good clean fun.

I'll start the ball rolling:With a Stormfront slogan!?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

pennsylvania, where i live, is an open carry state - as long as you are permitted to own a hand gun, you can wear it out in the open... in my township you are allowed to shoot your guns provided you have a proper backstop - in my case we dug out the hillside... i target bricks with a fully choked, semi-automatic 12 gauge - preferably i use one ounce slugs. i just found 000 buckshot which contains 8 pellets at .36 inches... i am also a fan of trap and skeet shooting. what's truly nuts is the fact that england allowed their guns to be taken away from private citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    pennsylvania, where i live, is an open carry state - as long as you are permitted to own a hand gun, you can wear it out in the open... in my township you are allowed to shoot your guns provided you have a proper backstop - in my case we dug out the hillside... i target bricks with a fully choked, semi-automatic 12 gauge - preferably i use one ounce slugs. i just found 000 buckshot which contains 8 pellets at .36 inches... i am also a fan of trap and skeet shooting. what's truly nuts is the fact that england allowed their guns to be taken away from private citizens.
    Congratulations! I'd love to be able to do that.

And congratulations! Way to go with turning this thread into another gun law thread. UK wouldn't work as a gun carry state, simple as that.

This thread was meant for flippant news articles: feel free to posts some about UK, my home country, or Japan (no shortage of ammo there!) or this can turn into a 20-page locked down gun law ****fest.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    *snip* UK wouldn't work as a gun carry state, simple as that.
    lol, the US doesn't work as a gun carry place either. But people don't seem to care.
    The states are such a polarized place. Some Americans think they are the real americans while believing that other americans are not american at all!

The sad fact of that is that the Country is divided in so many ways internally it is a huge weight on itself.

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/20...H_GRAPHIC.html

The graphic above outlines DAILY gun deaths in the USA and the age groups and type of gun death. It amounts to approximately 30 thousand deaths a year.
    That's 30 thousand people who wouldn't be dead right now if American had the guts to institute gun reform laws. Unfortunately, the stormfront poster boy and his rights to be an idiot is more important.
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 08-13-2009 at 04:46 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    The graphic above outlines DAILY gun deaths in the USA and the age groups and type of gun death. It amounts to approximately 30 thousand deaths a year.
    That's 30 thousand people who wouldn't be dead right now if American had the guts to institute gun reform laws.
    if we allowed the government to take our right to protect our lives and our families from undue oppression in whatever shape it arises, we would become slaves to a tyrannical ruling class that would still be allowed to own guns... what it boils down to is the fact that if the government, police, and military can own a gun, so can the people - an unarmed people is nothing more than sheep to be herded around whichever way the shepherd dictates... and if the shepherd decides to sell the sheep to the slaughterhouse, then there would be a heck of alot more deaths than those from a gun... i look at the idiots who kill themselves with guns as being part of natures population control. alot of us are responsible gun owners.

if we allowed the government to take our right to protect our lives and our families from undue oppression in whatever shape it arises, we would become slaves to a tyrannical ruling class that would still be allowed to own guns... what it boils down to is the fact that if the government, police, and military can own a gun, so can the people - an unarmed people is nothing more than sheep to be herded around whichever way the shepherd dictates... and if the shepherd decides to sell the sheep to the slaughterhouse, then there would be a heck of alot more deaths than those from a gun... i look at the idiots who kill themselves with guns as being part of natures population control. alot of us are responsible gun owners.
    So long as people are vehement about this is as long as the deaths will continue and the division in society will continue.

Is it really necessary to be walking around with a firearm? Really?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Is it really necessary to be walking around with a firearm? Really?
    is it really necessary to be walking around with the knowledge and ability to maim or kill people with your bare hands??

With regards to gun carry laws. We have a right to bear arms and I dont think it has anything to do with personal protection its a side note. The right is the doomsday clause it is our way of making sure the government is under control they know that there are millions of gun owners and it prevents the gov from coming in and doing things they arent supposed to. Dont forget that any time another country is occupied the first thing they do is disarm the public then they string up the lawyers.

is it really necessary to be walking around with the knowledge and ability to maim or kill people with your bare hands??
    no.

but here's the rub.

the skills to do things with one's own mind and body take a lot of time and effort to develop. You are never guaranteed that everything you have trained will be enough to save you or someone else. You don't even have a guarantee that you are able to do what your training says you may be able to do. That is an unknown.

On the other hand, in the US, any shlub can go get a gun, legal or not, and walk out and kill someone without ever having to think about anything, without ever having put the time and effort into thinking about what it is. Without putting any effort into anything at all.

It's a huge difference.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    With regards to gun carry laws. We have a right to bear arms and I dont think it has anything to do with personal protection its a side note. The right is the doomsday clause it is our way of making sure the government is under control they know that there are millions of gun owners and it prevents the gov from coming in and doing things they arent supposed to. Dont forget that any time another country is occupied the first thing they do is disarm the public then they string up the lawyers.
    I'm sorry, but this view point is antiquated and very provincial.

Yes, that may have applied when King George the 4th was a threat, but you live in a democracy that is free. You can vote a government out.

It's not like you're living somewhere where there is a threat of a coup d'etat or bands of roving armed black mask government death squads.

I find it funny that people always complain about outmoded laws etc etc but that the constitution of 200 years ago is still golden? Times change. You don't need johnny anybody wandering the streets representing a threat with his gun because it's his right to be threat?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

no.
    i didn't think so...
    but here's the rub.
    LOL... here's that classic dragon/tiger - yin/yang power interplay of opposing(conflicting) forces...
    the skills to do things with one's own mind and body take a lot of time and effort to develop.
    so it is only natural that an opposing factor likewise manifest itself alongside it's counterpart opposite concept.
    You are never guaranteed that everything you have trained will be enough to save you or someone else.
    and on the flipside, everything happens for a reason...
    You don't even have a guarantee that you are able to do what your training says you may be able to do.
    and yet we train with the intention that it will.
    That is an unknown.
    only because we fail to observe the known...
    On the other hand, in the US, any shlub can go get a gun, legal or not, and walk out and kill someone without ever having to think about anything, without ever having put the time and effort into thinking about what it is. Without putting any effort into anything at all.
    again this would reflect the natural principle of opposite dynamics... there must be an opposite to every concievable thing in this universe and it must be manifested just the same...
    It's a huge difference.
    LOL... actually they are quite the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    so... on a subtle note, it would seem that countries that are being taken over(occupied), tout gun control measures that are enacted soley for the purpose of protecting the public, where in reality they are enacted to ensure a docile herd? now reflecting on the UK and now in america(along with a host of other countries), would you be willing to believe that these two lands are being occupied? and if they are infact being occupied, who are their occupiers? and would it be reasonable to say that if we are infact being occupied, that we have a right to protect ourselves from the occupation?
    Last edited by uki; 08-13-2009 at 09:39 AM.

hold on a sec...

you think the US and the UK are "occupied" nations?

wtf?

per capita there are as many firearms in households in Canada as there are in the USA yet the amount of gun deaths in Canada is almost not worth mentioning.

Th UK also has gun ownership for many of it's citizens, although, I would say they have stricter laws concerning handguns and carrying of same.

Canada has open carry with all long guns afaik as i remember walking to an appraisers with a 30/30 over my shoulder in plain view some years back and not a problem at all with it.

So, what's up with America, if you are all for personal rights with guns, why are there so many examples of irresponsible use?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

hold on a sec...
    well i have let go now...
    you think the US and the UK are "occupied" nations?
    boy... you catch on quick.
    wtf?
    wtf is right!!
    per capita there are as many firearms in households in Canada as there are in the USA yet the amount of gun deaths in Canada is almost not worth mentioning.
    this is because the american society and culture revolves around violence and bloodshed... just look at the average television shows that people watch on a daily basis, aswell as the movies that are generated by hollywood... these statistics are a direct result of mass brainwashing via media manipulation.
    Th UK also has gun ownership for many of it's citizens, although, I would say they have stricter laws concerning handguns and carrying of same.
    i believe that you need a license for every firearm in the country, which means that everyone must be "pre-approved" by a governmental agency of sorts.
    Canada has open carry with all long guns afaik as i remember walking to an appraisers with a 30/30 over my shoulder in plain view some years back and not a problem at all with it.
    this again is because the canadain culture is much more peaceful than the american culture...
    So, what's up with America, if you are all for personal rights with guns, why are there so many examples of irresponsible use?
    i have just answered that question above.

That's just silly. When the Constitution was written a well armed citizen group could defend itself against a group of soldiers. Nowadays if it can down to it (remember Waco) the government is always going to outgun any private group. Also, if you don't believe me, take a few shots at the police or at the military and see what happens.