Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: video: uki-esque individual shows up at a karate school to teach them the way...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    This is a somewhat graphic fight. Click at your own risk.

http://photobucket.com/albums/w46/St...rent=video.flv
    All I can say is wow. It was obvious that guy was out of his mind. They could have shown a little compassion and let him perform his kata and that could have been the end of it. Or they could have shown him the door, or called the police to remove him from the premesis. The black belt had no reason to finish him off after he said he had won. I can't believe none of the other students tried to intervene at the end when he was obviously unconscious and unable to defend himself. A very poor school and Master indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by sha0lin1 View Post
    A very poor school and Master indeed.
    must be something in the NYC water...

Does anyone have the background info on this school, i.e., date, locations, head instructor, etc.???

Also, it's hard to make out the discussion at the beginning, but did this guy walk in and challenge the school or did he just offer to 'teach' them something?? I wasn't sure from the video and everyone's comments read like he came in very friendly...

Anyone?

Well, it seems that things got a little out of hand there.
    hard to say why the BB felt the need to turn the other guy into a gummi bear, maybe it was the other guys silly behaviour and clown like attitute towrds fighting, who the F knows with people like this.
    I recall a match I had many moons ago, a walk in much like this that thought TKD was a big jike, my instructor said to me, be respectful, but if he acts like a jerk, out him through the wall.
    He acted like a jerk with all these "bruce lee" noices and stuff, but he went down at the fist side kick to his ribs (broken) and was much nicer in the emergency room.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    Does anyone have the background info on this school, i.e., date, locations, head instructor, etc.???

Also, it's hard to make out the discussion at the beginning, but did this guy walk in and challenge the school or did he just offer to 'teach' them something?? I wasn't sure from the video and everyone's comments read like he came in very friendly...

Anyone?
    There is really no context about what happened when he came in, I was wondering the same thing too. But still...a couple of Karate guys came into our school once and challenged our master. He had a couple of our top students fight them, but it wasn't a death match. They respectfully beat them and when they said they had enough, it was over. Challenge or no challenge, the guy conceded the fight and his defeat. If that is the kind of black belts this school produces, then that shows very poorly on the Master and his students.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post

Anyone?
    I heard Bullshido has a complete thread on it, detailing the where, when, how, etc... I don't go there so I don't have a link.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

That was definitely assault and battery. Too bad the guy probably doesn't have the mental capability to hire an attorney and sue their a$$es.

Hopefully, the karate dude at least had criminal charges brought against him.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 08-17-2009 at 08:30 AM.

Back about 30 years or more ago I worked with a young man that was taking TKD at a local dojo. I took him home every day because his license had been suspended, and he asked me to take him to the dojo that night. I agreed and actually sit in and watched during the classes. He introduced me to his Sensei and told him I was some sort of kung fu fighter. I tried to play it down, but the guy showed great interest, asking me to show them a form or two. I explained that I did not do fight forms and that we only did the basic technique forms. He kept insisting that I show them some moves and called one of his students to the front of the class. I had found myself in somewhat the same situation. The Sensei kept looking at the guy and grinning and winking so I assumed that this was meant to be a lesson to me instead. I kept declining but he kept insisting. Eventually I agreed to show him a few moves. Rather than being a demonstration it was actually a fight. A set up to make me have to fight. He said that the guy had been something of a boxer and was now learning to do TKD. I realized immediately that I was being set up and determined that it was not going to go his way. The guy was strong and had fast hands, but I kept off the end of his fists and managed to pretty much block everything. We went at it for a very short time and the guy just stopped, bowed and went back and sat down. He gave no reason for that. I left and took my co-worker home. Several days later he mentioned to me that he had talked to the other guy and he told him that I had his arms hurting really bad, and that he had eventually gone to an emergency room and they found small fractures in his forarms. I never struck him with a fist, just blocked his efforts to hit me. However, had he been much bigger and stronger it could easily have gone the same way of the video clip. I am sure that had he knocked me down or out he would have stomped me too.
    The morality of a good many people suffer from this sort of behavior. He assumed that I was just talking sh-t and was going to show his student that I was. I never made a claim, and never really wanted to do this. It is silly. But he was so certain that I would get beat up that he was rather embarrised and sort of mad when it did not happen. I have been envited a couple of times to local dojo's to watch, but have never done so. The next time I could get stomped on real good.

TKD in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Back about 30 years or more ago I worked with a young man that was taking TKD at a local dojo. I took him home every day because his license had been suspended, and he asked me to take him to the dojo that night. I agreed and actually sit in and watched during the classes. He introduced me to his Sensei and told him I was some sort of kung fu fighter. I tried to play it down, but the guy showed great interest, asking me to show them a form or two. I explained that I did not do fight forms and that we only did the basic technique forms. He kept insisting that I show them some moves and called one of his students to the front of the class. I had found myself in somewhat the same situation. The Sensei kept looking at the guy and grinning and winking so I assumed that this was meant to be a lesson to me instead. I kept declining but he kept insisting. Eventually I agreed to show him a few moves. Rather than being a demonstration it was actually a fight. A set up to make me have to fight. He said that the guy had been something of a boxer and was now learning to do TKD. I realized immediately that I was being set up and determined that it was not going to go his way. The guy was strong and had fast hands, but I kept off the end of his fists and managed to pretty much block everything. We went at it for a very short time and the guy just stopped, bowed and went back and sat down. He gave no reason for that. I left and took my co-worker home. Several days later he mentioned to me that he had talked to the other guy and he told him that I had his arms hurting really bad, and that he had eventually gone to an emergency room and they found small fractures in his forarms. I never struck him with a fist, just blocked his efforts to hit me. However, had he been much bigger and stronger it could easily have gone the same way of the video clip. I am sure that had he knocked me down or out he would have stomped me too.
    The morality of a good many people suffer from this sort of behavior. He assumed that I was just talking sh-t and was going to show his student that I was. I never made a claim, and never really wanted to do this. It is silly. But he was so certain that I would get beat up that he was rather embarrised and sort of mad when it did not happen. I have been envited a couple of times to local dojo's to watch, but have never done so. The next time I could get stomped on real good.
    Interesting....

I took a bit of TKD in the Dallas area in the late '60's and then a little bit more in the mid-'70's..... got hurt both times and gave up as I got older..

Later the Kung Fu TV show came on and I loved Bruce Lee movies... but back "before" then I thought there was karate from Japan and from Korea and that was it.

Dojos were run similar to your story and I just thought later they were "immature" Texas copies of the real thing and didn't know any better.. It doesn't look like there's been any improvement over the decades tho.... I still think it's the low budget folks mainly..... and that most dojos are reputable ma studios... even here in Texas... an example is the Lopez'es here in Sugar Land with the Olympic golds - they have a rep here as a very classy outfit and family....
    Last edited by Skip J.; 08-17-2009 at 12:39 PM.
    .... Skip

Saw this when TenTigers shared it on facebook.
    the stomp at the end made me nauseous
    as goofy as he was, he wasn't doing that bad at the beginning.
    he just obviously didn't want any part of that confrontation
    made the mistake of giving up in an attempt to placate the guy
    d@mn near looked like he got brain damage for his trouble.

definitely curious to see the bullshido thread for the who, what, when, where, why
    would like to see how yo would enjoy having his head getting kick started
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

i once was swinging around my 21lb iron bar, doing this and that and what not... i over compensated a two step circle and whacked myself in the temple with the bars tip. i am sure i have shared this experience before, but i instantly spaced out to it reading these posts - i never lost consciousness, fell down, or anything of the sort... i grabbed the railing of the deck and almost pulled it off and was spitting between clenched teeth. luck of the tiger, energy of a goats head.

Rules of the Dojo:

1) No gum in the dojo

2) I will speak only in a way that will make my dojo, my family, and my country proud.

3) I will keep my uniform clean.

4) I will never mention the time Instructor Dan and a new age spacey person got into a fight, and Instructor Dan couldn't win by technical skill, seasoned instincts, and control over the new age spacey person's made up style, so Instructor Dan mugged him by escalating the conflict to an innappropriate level..

5) I will make my dojo proud by my patience, courage, and forthrightness.

I'm sorry, but instructor dude's martial arts is horrible. He had to escalate it, because he was not able to handle it at the intensity HE set in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Rules of the Dojo:

1) No gum in the dojo

2) I will speak only in a way that will make my dojo, my family, and my country proud.

4) I will never mention the time Instructor Dan and a new age spacey person got into a fight, and Instructor Dan couldn't win by technical skill, seasoned instincts, and control over the new age spacey person's made up style, so Instructor Dan mugged him by escalating the conflict to an innappropriate level..

I'm sorry, but instructor dude's martial arts is horrible. He had to escalate it, because he was not able to handle it at the intensity HE set in the first place.
    he wasn't the instructor. he was the student that the instructor lent the dude to use as a uke by all looks.

yeah, the head stomp when the guy was down was admittedly a bit over the top.

But really, the idiot walked into his own awakening by way of being put to sleep.

I'm surprised how this kind of violence would put martial artists off.

I've been tooled like that, or pretty close to it before myself.

that's what happens when the lights go out.

accept it, or dance.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Rules of the Dojo:
    rules are mean't to be broken.
    1) No gum in the dojo
    but chewing gum exercises the jaw muscles to strengthen the bite.
    yet they say that pride kills... better to be lowly like water, sometimes there is stagnation and sometimes there are floods.
    i value used, stained, and dirty clothes because they are testament that i got sometihing done.
    a natural part of equalization... this is just one inflection of the reflection.
    i will honor my dignity, my integrity, and my presentation of myself.
    pure aggression will consume the individual...