Hi folks - i've seen this clip many times and i personally love it. I've been to Emin's seminars and, although i have my reservations about him as a teacher or his personality for that matter, i don't have any regarding his skills.

BTW: let's not turn this into another typical Emin thread...

Now what i find interesting, we can take the WT lineage as an example, as the differences in how their WCK appears or is practiced. I find the european style more flowy, while the chinese style is more posey...and if anything, i find the chinese style of WCK to be very stiff in application (eg. force the tan da to work).

the lineage is the same...eg. Leung Ting..but why the different flavours between europe WT and Hong kong WT

also, what are your thoughts on this clip?

it looks completely natural, you can see how positions are clearly compromised, and it's not forced - but simply happens.

here's something i randomly pulled off Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkETsfqp5co

you can see there's a lot of static transition, no distance is closed, one line of attack, no definitive strikes, but more of who's fastest. but the body is never really compromised..the victor simply was able to "tap" the other guy...but not really control the body, the axis, or structure of the opponent.

This is not intended to be a clash of lineages..simply my inquiry between european wck and chinese Wck.