Thread: hop gar pok yik pau (walk through)

hop gar pok yik pau (walk through)

me playing through the form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ludDL0O0bS4

Talking

Not bad. I did however notice some issues with the shifting but I imagine that it had more to do with the surface and less with your skill. It's hard to shift the stance on the blacktop especially if your shoes have grippy soles.

Cool. Thanks for sharing this. It looks a lot like the exercise we call pun yihk. One difference in style is that our school teaches the paau cheui with the arm straight in order to loosen the shoulder girdle more. Definitely close to the style of movement in our branch, though.

jd
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

actually we pau in several different ways. i either do it fist horizontal or vertical depending on the situation and my angle of attack, etc.