Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XJ Question

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    I would imagine they keep these plans rather guarded, no?
    With our electronic age it is difficult to keep secrets. They already built some in the King Mui Ancestral Hall and Xinhui Training Hall, all one needs is a camera to capture the constructions.

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    Actually this is a good way to look at it as you can see different nuiances from each area. I have seen some stuff from Jiangmen and they do somethings differently. A friend of mine who has learned a bit from a lineage there mentioned that the arc of the sow choy is more along a hoizontal plane rather than the angle that we use and it had something to do with the fact that many of the villagers in that area were short so the sow choy was adapted. I don't know if this is true or not but it miight make sense.
    These things should be adopted to the person and not just the area, if everyone has short arms then that might ended up the case, but in general, the same place has different expression of the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    These things should be adopted to the person and not just the area, if everyone has short arms then that might ended up the case, but in general, the same place has different expression of the same thing.
    Hi XJ, i don't understand a thing....you father is one of the Chan Yu Chi disciple (or student?)?

SY

Hi SY,

He learned from Chen Yiu Chi for a while.

Hi SY,

He learned from Chen Yiu Chi for a while.
    Oh...you have a great father!!
    There are some big breacks in the CLF world today but I hope that the next generation (and our generation), using internet for a right cause, could be better than now!!

SY

CLF is fairly unified at the moment; the only trouble spot is Futshan, but the political system in China will keep it in check, so the only avenue they have is to encourage their overseas students to sow the seeds of discontent, hoping it will turn into a storm, but their number is too small to be of any consequence and they don't have the materials or the resources to change history.

On top of this, everyone no matter what their lineage belongs to, understood that a unified CLF is far more productive and profitable than a fragmented one, so there is a limit to any open conflicts.

You should not judge what goes on here as the reality, it is just an internet forum and the verbal fights between me and Frank are personal, we don't formally represent any CLF schools or official points of view and often we just have some fun together to pass the time. Frank is my CLF brother, admittedly a dim-witted one, but he is still my brother. :-)

You don't do CLF, so you would not understand the CLF blood is thicker than water and that is the way it was meant to be, right from the beginning, and hopefully it will continue into the future.
    Last edited by extrajoseph; 08-21-2009 at 02:10 AM.

CLF is fairly unified at the moment; the only trouble spot is Futshan, but the political system in China will keep it in check, so the only avenue they have is to encourage their overseas students to sow the seeds of discontent, hoping it will turn into a storm, but their number is too small to be of any consequence and they don't have the materials or the resources to change history.

On top of this, everyone no matter what their lineage belongs to, understood that a unified CLF is far more productive and profitable than a fragmented one, so there is a limit to any open conflicts.

You should not judge what goes on here as the reality, it is just an internet forum and the verbal fights between me and Frank are personal, we don't formally represent any CLF schools or official points of view and often we just have some fun together to pass the time. Frank is my CLF brother, admittedly a dim-witted one, but he is still my brother. :-)

You don't do CLF, so you would not understand the CLF blood is thicker than water and that is the way it was meant to be, right from the beginning, and hopefully it will continue into the future.
    Dear XJ, I'm speaking about my country, in Italy the Choy Lay Fut reality is not very good there are a lot of dispute..., I don't speaking about the forum, I know that a forum is only a forum!
    And after I practice CLF from 15 years, but I prefer to speak about CLF and my Master privatly and if you want you can send me a pm.

Thank for your reply.

SY

Hi SY,

There is a Chinese saying, "In literature there is no number 1 and in martial arts there is no number 2" so there will always be conflicts and it is how we deal with them the matters. My father said to me once, " Fighting is not about winning, fighting is about surviving." Will CLF survive and keeps its tradition? That is what we should be fighting for. There will always be disputes, let them make us stronger, not weaker and fallen apart. How can we do it? Step back once a while and see the bigger picture, before we get lost in the maze of our ego.

Don't lose hope, for that is what makes us human (and a survivor).

My best wishes,
    XJ

PS, Sorry I will not send you a pm, I don't have enough time to do my own practice and I have said all I want to say already.

Hi SY,

There is a Chinese saying, "In literature there is no number 1 and in martial arts there is no number 2" so there will always be conflicts and it is how we deal with them the matters. My father said to me once, " Fighting is not about winning, fighting is about surviving." Will CLF survive and keeps its tradition? That is what we should be fighting for. There will always be disputes, let them make us stronger, not weaker and fallen apart. How can we do it? Step back once a while and see the bigger picture, before we get lost in the maze of our ego.

Don't lose hope, for that is what makes us human (and a survivor).

My best wishes,
    XJ

PS, Sorry I will not send you a pm, I don't have enough time to do my own practice and I have said all I want to say already.

Good post!!
    Thank you XJ!!!

SY

For every person that I meet who seems to disregard brotherhood within CLF there seems to be more than do. And for this, I am glad, to have friends from Hung Sing, Buk Sing and Chan Family CLF.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Blog Entries
    it is just an internet forum and the verbal fights between me and Frank are personal, we don't formally represent any CLF schools or official points of view and often we just have some fun together to pass the time. Frank is my CLF brother, admittedly a dim-witted one, but he is still my brother. :-)
    oh, so i'm if your dim witted brother......you are my SPECIAL brother. And it is only history we are arguing over.......in the bigger scheme of things......there's nothing to hate each other over. IMHO. dim-witted as i may be now put your protective helmet back on before you fall down.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    For every person that I meet who seems to disregard brotherhood within CLF there seems to be more than do. And for this, I am glad, to have friends from Hung Sing, Buk Sing and Chan Family CLF.
    All brothers fight. It's a family thing. We don't have to agree with each other.....but when the chips fall.......ALL CLF brothers SHOULD band together against a common foe. but as we maneuver thru the historical mess, we all come out stronger
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 08-21-2009 at 07:18 AM.

Of course Frank we are three different families. And families, brothers have disputes all the time. That's how they are. We're a giant dysfunctional family but still a family at the end of the day.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

the CLF blood is thicker than water and that is the way it was meant to be, right from the beginning, and hopefully it will continue into the future.
    Amen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    We're a giant dysfunctional family but still a family at the end of the day.
    dysfunctional working to become "FUNCTIONAL"