Thread: Anderson 'The Spider' Silva

Hybrid View

The state that resembles a middle finger.

Anderson 'The Spider' Silva

Anderson silva looking to jump to heavyweight.

couldn't find enough people in his division or the one above him to destroy... guess next logical is to jump to heavyweight.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mma/

he walks round as a heavyweight and has the build for one, but light heavy might be a better bet for him.

The heavyweight division in the UFC is just too big, not in talent but it just covers too many people, 206 to 265 is just too big a gap its a joke. He would have real trouble with the heavier guys

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    agree... his weight, fighting lesnar ehh ...don't know he might be good but that's a lot of mass to deal with. if lesnar got on top just the amount of weight coming down on him(silva) would do most of the work for lesnar.

In terms of size disparity if he fought lesnar it would be like asking a lightweight to fight a light heavyweight, but its not just lesnar there are a few heavy's walking around in the 250 range. I think Andersons is about 220 when not training, when seriously training he would be even less, against someone who is not a can its just too much weight to give away.

The UFC should have a super heavy division, but they won't do it as it would only have lesnar, Sapp and a few other freaks in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    In terms of size disparity if he fought lesnar it would be like asking a lightweight to fight a light heavyweight, but its not just lesnar there are a few heavy's walking around in the 250 range. I think Andersons is about 220 when not training, when seriously training he would be even less, against someone who is not a can its just too much weight to give away.

The UFC should have a super heavy division, but they won't do it as it would only have lesnar, Sapp and a few other freaks in it.
    its a pretty big jump.. but I like the idea. I still believe a open weight class would be a interesting thing to watch. I also prefer the tournament style of the IFL , pride and dream.. but thats just me.
    I would honestly love to see Lesnar vrs Silva... but Silva better win..

A natural HW ( in the sport combat weight category sense) is someone that, in peak condition, is over the 220 mark.
    That is not Silva.
    Giving up 50lbs is HUGE at almost any level of competitive fighting, even more so when you get to the elite level.