Thread: Anderson 'The Spider' Silva

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I know you are a little guy, from you pic at least, and you really wanna believe that and that's cool.
    It doesn't change the fact that ANYONE that has fought full contact knows WHY there is a weight limit.
    When tow fighters meet in a match, and skill level is relatively the same, guess what happens?

Of course there are exeptions, Mirco and Rodrigo taking out Sapp is an example.
    Of course Sapp was just a side show and Mirco and Rodrigo where way over his head in terms of fighting ability.
    This is so true, so many people want to believe that training in a martial art will make them able to beat a bigger stronger opponent, those who have competed know the reality. Size matters, strenght and mass are killers.

but as i said SIZE DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE STRONG

and any time a smaller person beats a bigger person theres allways an excuse its rediculous
    speed power technique are all things that are important size does not guarantee any of this therefore it is not a needed thing

look for example when brock was still in pro wrestling kurt angle beat him at a actual wrestling match back stage and look at the size difference between the two

but of course its an exception to right lol

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    but as i said SIZE DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE STRONG

and any time a smaller person beats a bigger person theres allways an excuse its rediculous
    speed power technique are all things that are important size does not guarantee any of this therefore it is not a needed thing

look for example when brock was still in pro wrestling kurt angle beat him at a actual wrestling match back stage and look at the size difference between the two

but of course its an exception to right lol
    Reading comprehension please, we have both stated that size matters where skill levels are similar, with all due respect to Brock he is not an gold medal winner at the Olympics. He was at one time the best in America, Kurt was the best in the world, there is a huge difference there in skill and ability.

I can't believe that

we can't agree that, generally, size is an advantage and that, if skills are comparable, the bigger guy generally wins. It's a fairly simple truth. Yes, Goju, sometimes small guys beat bigger guys, but that's the exception and not the rule.

I didn't wrestle until my junior year of high school and I was in the 189 lb weight class at the time. We had state champs at 112 and 118, and conference champs at 125 and 135. While I couldn't easily pin any of those guys, they couldn't work me either and I was a first year guy. Bottom line is that, as long as both folks are fit, size is an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    we can't agree that, generally, size is an advantage and that, if skills are comparable, the bigger guy generally wins. It's a fairly simple truth. Yes, Goju, sometimes small guys beat bigger guys, but that's the exception and not the rule.

I didn't wrestle until my junior year of high school and I was in the 189 lb weight class at the time. We had state champs at 112 and 118, and conference champs at 125 and 135. While I couldn't easily pin any of those guys, they couldn't work me either and I was a first year guy. Bottom line is that, as long as both folks are fit, size is an advantage.
    i know it seems a silly thing to argue doesn't it. Size and strength really matter, its why there are weight catagories and why cutting weight is such a useful tool for a fighter if he does it right.