Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson 'The Spider' Silva

The state that resembles a middle finger.

Anderson 'The Spider' Silva

Anderson silva looking to jump to heavyweight.

couldn't find enough people in his division or the one above him to destroy... guess next logical is to jump to heavyweight.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mma/

he walks round as a heavyweight and has the build for one, but light heavy might be a better bet for him.

The heavyweight division in the UFC is just too big, not in talent but it just covers too many people, 206 to 265 is just too big a gap its a joke. He would have real trouble with the heavier guys

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    agree... his weight, fighting lesnar ehh ...don't know he might be good but that's a lot of mass to deal with. if lesnar got on top just the amount of weight coming down on him(silva) would do most of the work for lesnar.

In terms of size disparity if he fought lesnar it would be like asking a lightweight to fight a light heavyweight, but its not just lesnar there are a few heavy's walking around in the 250 range. I think Andersons is about 220 when not training, when seriously training he would be even less, against someone who is not a can its just too much weight to give away.

The UFC should have a super heavy division, but they won't do it as it would only have lesnar, Sapp and a few other freaks in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    In terms of size disparity if he fought lesnar it would be like asking a lightweight to fight a light heavyweight, but its not just lesnar there are a few heavy's walking around in the 250 range. I think Andersons is about 220 when not training, when seriously training he would be even less, against someone who is not a can its just too much weight to give away.

The UFC should have a super heavy division, but they won't do it as it would only have lesnar, Sapp and a few other freaks in it.
    its a pretty big jump.. but I like the idea. I still believe a open weight class would be a interesting thing to watch. I also prefer the tournament style of the IFL , pride and dream.. but thats just me.
    I would honestly love to see Lesnar vrs Silva... but Silva better win..

A natural HW ( in the sport combat weight category sense) is someone that, in peak condition, is over the 220 mark.
    That is not Silva.
    Giving up 50lbs is HUGE at almost any level of competitive fighting, even more so when you get to the elite level.

nah i dont think he will have a hard time

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    nah i dont think he will have a hard time
    Just like Roy Jones didn't?
    He had enough of a hard time with Ruiz that he didn't venture BACK in the HW division.
    Image what a Lennox Lewis would have done to RJJ or a Klitchko, or any of the real heavy hitters in the HW division at the time.

The reason Roy went back to light heavyweight was coz of Tarver, the trash he was talking, and the history they had.
    The reason he never took another trip to heavyweight because he was brutally destroyed in a second match with Tarver (when the first proved to be somewhat indecisive) and then was destroyed for a second time when fighting Glen Johnson a short time later. There was obviously unfinished business at light heavy so he had no reason to go back up.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

didnt roy jones fights turn out to be set ups?

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    The reason Roy went back to light heavyweight was coz of Tarver, the trash he was talking, and the history they had.
    The reason he never took another trip to heavyweight because he was brutally destroyed in a second match with Tarver (when the first proved to be somewhat indecisive) and then was destroyed for a second time when fighting Glen Johnson a short time later. There was obviously unfinished business at light heavy so he had no reason to go back up.
    That, and the fact that he had enough trouble with a "run of the mill" HW.
    And they were only what, 15lbs different?
    Imagine RJJ VS Lennox?
    A slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Just like Roy Jones didn't?
    He had enough of a hard time with Ruiz that he didn't venture BACK in the HW division.
    Image what a Lennox Lewis would have done to RJJ or a Klitchko, or any of the real heavy hitters in the HW division at the time.
    boxing is a dirty as hell sport so i dont trust any outcome there fights come to and its different game than mma

smaller guys have defeated much bigger opponents in mma countless times so anderson shouldnt have a hard time he has enough power and skill to do well against heavy weights

oh lyoto wants to make the jump up to heavy to fight brock

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    boxing is a dirty as hell sport so i dont trust any outcome there fights come to and its different game than mma

smaller guys have defeated much bigger opponents in mma countless times so anderson shouldnt have ahrt time e has enough power and skill to do well against heavy weights
    I know you are a little guy, from you pic at least, and you really wanna believe that and that's cool.
    It doesn't change the fact that ANYONE that has fought full contact knows WHY there is a weight limit.
    When tow fighters meet in a match, and skill level is relatively the same, guess what happens?

Of course there are exeptions, Mirco and Rodrigo taking out Sapp is an example.
    Of course Sapp was just a side show and Mirco and Rodrigo where way over his head in terms of fighting ability.

Now, considering the low level of skill in the HW, compared to what Silva brings to the table, he will probably have a legit shot at the title, but unless the person holding the title at that time is a pud and his coaches suck tomatos, or the size difference will be minimal, Silva will have his hands full.