Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 87

Thread: Anderson 'The Spider' Silva

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Salem, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    68
    If someone already posted this information, then I apologize. I tried to scan through the entire thread quickly, and I may have missed it.

    Anderson Silva is moving from 185# (thereby vacating his title)...

    into the 205# weight class (light-heavy weight)...

    he is not moving into the heavy weight class, with the true heavy weights like Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir.

    Anderson Silva never owned the light-heavy title, and that is what he is looking for, but only after Lyoto Machida loses it to someone else; because the two are friends and Anderson Silva said he never wants to fight Lyoto.

    Surritt Bros. Kung-Fu San Soo
    P.O. Box 4533
    Salem, OR
    97302-8533
    (503) 508-1117

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,206
    Cro Cop beat Sapp.

    Hoost beat Cro Cop, multiple times.

    Sapp beat Hoost twice.

    Sapp is bigger and stronger than Hoost.

    Hoost is one of the best in K-1 history. Sapp is all power, no technique, no stamina.

    But he still won.

    Strength makes a huge ****ing difference.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,250
    Lets not get out of whack people, its not rocket science here.
    Weight categories exist for a reason, period.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    right there
    Posts
    3,216
    no one s arguing that strength doesn tmatter but for some reason people on here are dim enough to think size equals strength

    I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

    left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

    handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,250
    There are weight categories in strength events too you know...and don't forget, its not just strength that we are talking about.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    right there
    Posts
    3,216
    just saying there are weight catergories for a reason and thats final is a really crap way of arguing your point
    size doies not equal strength no matter how you look at it
    if two people are equally strong it comes down technique timing speed etc etc not

    a good example would be gary goodridge vs igor vovchanchyn both equal devastating strikers but the little man(igor ) one all three fights despite the size diff

    its amazing that in this day in age that rediculous size mattters nonsense is still being used some of you fellas must be up there in age to still be believing that

    I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

    left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

    handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    right there
    Posts
    3,216
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    There are weight categories in strength events too you know...and don't forget, its not just strength that we are talking about.
    yeah and ive seen smaller individulas out lift larger ones as well
    hell ive seen a five foot six 130 pound girl who could bench three hundred pounds how many of you could do that despite the fact your bigger

    I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

    left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

    handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    3,548
    VD
    I already mentioned sapp cheating in the both fights - he clubbed the back of the head repeatedly.
    Hoost was easily winning the second, but as soon as he got caught in the corner they ended it, if you watch it, it's real shady.

    Frost
    Do you think Tito Ortiz has wrestling on the level of either Brock OR Randy?
    Randy didn't finish Tito either, or Mo Smith, who has absolutely no wrestling.
    But Randy's a good example of the difference between someone who's just big vs someone with legitimate KO power - look how Brock's punch affected him vs Chuck's punch at 205. I'd rather take Brock's punch any day.

    I'm not saying size doesn't matter, it does; but it's not as big a deal as a lot are making out - especially when we're talking Anderson Silva moving up a weight division or 2.
    As I said before, his training partner is one of the best heavyweights of all time, so he has a legitimate idea of what he's getting into.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,250
    Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    yeah and ive seen smaller individulas out lift larger ones as well
    hell ive seen a five foot six 130 pound girl who could bench three hundred pounds how many of you could do that despite the fact your bigger
    You'd be surprised.
    I know guys that warm up with 300 lbs.
    How many guys under 200 do that compared to guys over 200?
    That is the point that seems to be getting lost here.
    You say that when all else is equal, well, when the **** does that ever happen?
    I have probably fought more people that were bigger and stronger than me than anyone that has posted on this freaking thread and outside of Knifefighter, probably on this site and SIZE MAKES A LOT OF ****ING DIFFERENCE !!!

    Silva will do fine when he goes up in weight, because he is an elite level striker and a natural 200+ pounder, that is why he is going up anyway, to fight at a more natural weight.
    How many think that Oscar de lahoya has a chance to beat VS a top 10 HW ?
    Anyone?
    How about Merryweather ?
    How about Pacman ?

    Sheesh guys, get a freaking grip, I am out of here.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    right there
    Posts
    3,216
    and those bigger guys beat you because they were better martial artists not because they were bigger please do get that through your skull

    I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

    left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

    handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    I'm not saying size doesn't matter, it does; but it's not as big a deal as a lot are making out - especially when we're talking Anderson Silva moving up a weight division or 2.
    As I said before, his training partner is one of the best heavyweights of all time, so he has a legitimate idea of what he's getting into.
    i believe that's kinda what i said.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    i believe that's kinda what i said.
    When I say it, it means something ***** !!!!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,381
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You'd be surprised.
    I know guys that warm up with 300 lbs.
    How many guys under 200 do that compared to guys over 200?
    That is the point that seems to be getting lost here.
    You say that when all else is equal, well, when the **** does that ever happen?
    I have probably fought more people that were bigger and stronger than me than anyone that has posted on this freaking thread and outside of Knifefighter, probably on this site and SIZE MAKES A LOT OF ****ING DIFFERENCE !!!

    Silva will do fine when he goes up in weight, because he is an elite level striker and a natural 200+ pounder, that is why he is going up anyway, to fight at a more natural weight.
    How many think that Oscar de lahoya has a chance to beat VS a top 10 HW ?
    Anyone?
    How about Merryweather ?
    How about Pacman ?

    Sheesh guys, get a freaking grip, I am out of here.
    I think this says its all, and with Pork chops last few posts this thread should be done

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Posts
    3,274
    Anderson Silva is moving from 185# (thereby vacating his title)...

    into the 205# weight class (light-heavy weight)...

    he is not moving into the heavy weight class, with the true heavy weights like Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir.

    Anderson Silva never owned the light-heavy title, and that is what he is looking for, but only after Lyoto Machida loses it to someone else; because the two are friends and Anderson Silva said he never wants to fight Lyoto.
    Huh..?

    If he's waiting for machida to lose before he goes on to get that title he might as well retire now. Not saying it couldn't happen, but he's already stated that he doesn't want to fight machida.

    He stated that he was wanting to fight in heavy weight and was in descussion with White about it. He stated that there was more money in the heavy weight division and that is what he was looking for before retirement.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    9
    easily the best p4p fighter going around....

    aint nothing to say he couldnt take every division....!!!!!!!

    except lighter.... obviously


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •