Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jianguo Daye (Lofty Ambitions of Founding a Republic)

just read in a local publication that there will be a follow up movie called "the founding of a party" to commemorate the 60th? anniversary of the chinese communist party. less camios are expected as there will be more focus on 'specific characters'
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Anyone see this aside from SPJ? I've been wanting to, but I need to invest in a DVD-9 player again.
    i really want to see this but dont have a copy...I just saved it on netflix, so as soon as they get it in a format for me i'll be watching it.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

most educated Chinese are well aware of tales during those periods.

the movie used so many stars, it is a bit confusing and even distracting, since most movie or tv series watchers are too familiar with these actors and actresses

this movie is actually a re play of an early version with not so many shining stars.

there are simply too many events to be told.

also the director tried to make the movie on a personal level or more personal insights from the characters.

but it is very difficult on such a big topic.

1. Mao's cook went back to get breakfast and was bombed. Mao refused to leave and was carried out on a stretcher. Mao was reluctant to leave for shelter, when Hu Zhong Nan was bombing Yan An etc

2. Jiang Jing Guo was not able to correct the corruption in Shang hai. He said China was so poor like a walking skeleton with bone and skin only. The relative Kong was hoarding goods in American warehouse to raise price---

3. General Li Zhong Ren was so hung up with power within KMT. He insisted on being VP--

4. President CKS said what is lost on the battle field, may not be regained on negotiation table meaning peace talk with CPC may not yield any results, now that they had the upperhand in the beginning of 1949.

----

all these personal tales may be accurate or not? but for the most part they are close enough?

---

well it is just a movie to attract attention of every one

it certainly grabbed attention of younger generation with all these stars.

so it is a more successful "movie" than the early version.

I think the most important quote in the movie

would be from President CKS in nanjing

"if we do not fight CPC, KMT will be in danger. but if we fight the CPC, the country will be in danger."

the economic at the time did not sustain any war effort at all.

more than half of the GDP was used to sustain the troops stationed in the northeast.

half of a million nationalist troops were holding 3 lone cities, while CPC troops numbered a million and had all the country side and resources of the northeast--

---

my point is that yes go watch the movie for the movie and not for the stars