Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tai Mantis fake Sifu

Papieboni Guest
    It appears as if this is a Kam Yuen, Shaolin West & TaiChi Mantis family affair.

But its typical human relations issues that happens in and out of the martial arts. When you on good terms with someone and every one is getting along. Every one is good and dandy, once people stop getting along they are the worst, their credentials are no good, and they bought or learned everything they know from video tapes.

" Moss Never Grows on a Rolling Stone"

Scarletmantis Guest

DAVID WHO!?!?

Look, I don't know any of the folks involved personally, but if Mike Marshall was trained alongside DAVID CARRIDINE, he's gotta be like a god or something! :D

Seriously though, why WAS Mr. Marshall granted the right to teach if he wasn't any good? Trust me my friend, this little controversey is making your school look far worse than any lack of skill on Marshall's part could have done.

Your slander reflects a lack of character, and a deficiency in YOUR training. Who knows? YOU might be next on the list of the "recently dropped".

"Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone"

Hieu Nguyen Guest
    trust me brothers!
    If you would have known what Mike Marshall did you all would agree and want to kick his ass too.
    He got b**** slapped by Kam Yuen, so he must have did something very awful for Sifu Kam to do that, Sifu Kam knew Mike couldn't last with him not even 5 seconds in a real fight so he just humiliated him and kicked him out.
    Like I said before Sifu Kam regrets it to this day, the association he had with Mike Marshall. You must remember we are all human and we make mistakes too.
    You could ask any student of Kam Yuen lineage and they all will agree that Mike Marshall has never been a sifu and never will be.

The pudding is in the cake.

Ask mike why he cant fight. Why he could never break down any forms into applications, why he could never spar. I could go on and on about Mike but if you weren't there you have no business commenting on something you know nothing about.

As far as the association it is highly recognized from Hong Kong to America and Sifu Kam Yuen and his cousin Paul Eng is one of the only recognized teachers of this rare and aggresive art.

Scarletmantis Guest

Huh?

Sorry buddy, but it ismy business, and everyone else's on this forum. You brought up this topic! Many people who read your post are going to be forming an opinion now either for or against Mike Marshall. You have provided no details whatsoever to back up your opinion that he "sucks", and "can't fight". Furthermore, you haven't told us why he was kicked out of your organization. For all I know, he could have left on his own free will.

This blatant attempt to slander Mr. Marshall on the grounds that he isn't any good is frankly laughable! You have admmited in the Tai Chi Forum that you have not yet even decided what style you would like to study! On what basis do you feel qualified to judge anythingabout Marshall's skill?

Again, I assert that you are displaying a gross lack of character. If you are really so concerned about your schools Rep', please don't mention your teacher's name. I am certain that any respectable Sifu would be embarrassed by your actions.

I know of a nice bridge in the KF Forum where billy goats occassionaly cross. Perhaps you'll find better company under there.

BAI HE Guest

SIFU'S

I don't know alot about the situation but it reminds me of something...

A long time ago I studied Kenpo. One of the Senior students, an extremely talented guy, had just returned to the school.
    A short time later I had heard he disrespected the sensei and got his can kicked in to the point of tears and ejected.
    Apparently they made up and now the disciple has opened his own school with full blessings.

The fact is our Sifu's, Sensei's and what not invest alot of time in developing us. It's not always about the money. Like any good father the push, pull and mold us to the best of their experience. Sometimes we let them down, make them cross or even angry.
    It seems in this situation to many people are speculating. This is between the Master and Mr. Marshall. Maybe they will patch things up. Too much of this kind of crap happens in the MA in general. The only ones who lose are us all.

Peace :rolleyes:

Hieu Nguyen Guest
    So you want to know facts here you go. I was a white sash at the time mike trie to punch at me and I sweep him and he landed face down on the floor. This wasn't the first time that mike was humiliated in front of fellow students.
    Many times practitioners from other styles would come by to view the school and if mike was trying to teach he would try and demonstrate a form or technique and get clobbered.
    He loved tournaments but sifu was against them because he taught the old way.
    I have made a solemn propise to Sifu Kam that I wouldn't reveal the terribl thing that Mike Marshall has done but all I can say is ask around ask any tai mantis and they will tell you the same.
    I'm not trying to cause any friction around the board just donrt believe he should be claiming to know tai mantis or yet alone teach mantis the boy really cant fight.
    Ask around if you dont believe me. But ask someone who was there.

cha kuen Guest
    One thing is for sure though. Chui Chuk Kai is a legend in the books and was one hell of a fighter.

yingching Guest

getting worst by the day

Your post are definatly not helping you. You just inquired about whether or not you would be able to train in Mantis at all, because of your age, physical condition.....
    Do you really expect anyone here to believe anything you are saying?
    If Sifu Kam is sharing this type of information with his students. Perhaps Mike M did the right thing seperating himself.
    Your post are destroying your teachers reputation. Keep up the good work. :rolleyes:

Hieu Nguyen Guest

The truth is

In response to your post One should not speak unless they have all the facts.
    So to adress your comments, maybe I am not even overweight? Maybe I am younger than I say? or is it possible that I was asking these questions for someone else who couldn't write in english so I was merely a translator?or maybe I was trying to get a insight what other MA felt about this subject? I mentioned his name because he was claiming to be something he was not.
    I recently move to America from Vietnam. I was fortunate to visit the states and had the opportunity to also visit the studio on numerous occasions during my visit back when Mike Marshall was claiming to be teaching.I am a firm believer to believe not with your ears but with your eyes!
    I do not believe in exposing other people to your art or brag on your qualifications, I was taught to never expose what has not bên exposed of yourself or your MA ability.
    I may have trained for many years in this art?
    I want to ask you something coming from a traditionally asian culture, could you honestly tell me that if you went to Vietnam or Hong Kong today and mentioned your name or your teachers name what kind of response would you be given. Kam Yuen isn't my teacher but I can honestly say that if you went to VN or HK and mentioned his name you'd be given the utmost respect. I could say this I have firsthand knowledge of the subject, being I lived in Vietnam most of my life and was extremely involved in the Vietnamese and Chinese Kungfu associations.I have bên studying Tong Long for some time in VN as a closed dÖr disciple. Could you say the same about yourself or your teacher? Asians sê things differently and they teach differently especially teaching westerners vs teaching asians, traditionally we teach asians as closed dÖr disciples.

cha kuen Guest
    Socalimantis,

What is the purpose of this post? To say that Mike Marshall isn't good?

You've said that. Now is there anything else?

Hieu Nguyen Guest
    enough said then!

joedoe Guest
    Can I buy some qualifications as well? :D

I'm with everyone else. Your post has simply made you, your school, and your sifu look very silly. I don't know anything about Mr Marshall, but given that he isn't here to defend himself your post makes you look very bad.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Hieu Nguyen Guest
    Apparently you were never taught how to read because I never claimed that Kam Yuen was my teacher, So my suggestion to you is go take a class in remedial reading.
    It sure couldn't hurt!
    I learned in Vietnam from a relative and he learned from another relative.

cha kuen Guest
    If you learned tai mantis then you know it's a very small world. Your words and actions reflect on other tai mantis practioners too, like me. Yes I train tai mantis too.

I'm not saying you are doing anything wrong but just keep in mind that what you say reflects your style and others in the style that you may not know. (Like me)

joedoe Guest
    I don't need a remedial reading course. I read just fine. :)

Doesn't change the fact that your posts make you sound like a right wanker.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    What we do in life echoes in Eternity