Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tai Mantis fake Sifu

NorthernMantis Guest
    Hey Taijimantis.I have a kung fu brother who used to be in Taiji mantis up in in Michigan before he moved down here to florida.I know the name of his sifu but I don't know how to spell it.Perhaps yo may know him?His name id Tim(I wont mention his laast nemae here).

Just e-mail me at shaolin96@hotmail.com

"Always be ready"

Havulostyrmind Guest

socalimantis

I think socalimantis is done. I'll also bet he's
    a bit scared now. Didn't think anyone who mattered would see your trash talk?

Fu Dog Guest

To clarify

Taijimantis
    This is only an attempt to clear a good man's name and reputation, and something like this just can't be let go without a rebuttle. If you don't care if the man's legit or not is not of any concern to those of us who do care. By the way,,,, I noticed a mis-spelled word in your reply, (but who really cares ?)

Taijimantis Guest

Jeez.

I am sorry you feel that way.

I said if they were type-o's that was cool, but you hadda go and make it ugly.

I am sorry we cant be friendlier. Next time I will listen to my inner voice and keep all those thoughts of backing up my martial brothers to myself.

I wasnt being critical of anyones office skills. If you note the things I pointed out they were in places that were oddly suspect. I wasnt claiming perfection or trying to insult anyone. Just showing some healthy skeptacizm. (If that is how you spell it)
    I just found the post somewhat confusing, and the fact that it seemed Mr. Marshall couldnt spell his own name. Which would be a little odd now wouldnt it?
    It was that or two people typing on the same post.

Fu Dog:
    I am sorry you feel the way that you do also. In my circle, an online post in a message bord frequented by trolls is hardly anything a legitimate sifu cares about. Their reputation is made and maintained by their actions and those of their students. Sometimes I wonder if you good people have much of a life beyond these things. There is entirely too much weight and value placed on these posts.

So if you want to criticize me go ahead. Its no skin off my nose.

My comments were not made out of anger.

Have fun rotting in that ****ed off world you live in friends.

Little less time in forums... a little more practicing.

I wasnt being critical of anyones

Taijimantis Guest

see?

typeo

I am more than happy to point that out.

Fu Dog Guest
    There is entirely too much weight and value placed on these posts.

Taijimantis

Sorry guy,,,, I have to respectfully disagree.
    There are alot of people who read these Forums and
    form opinions on the collective views of others.
    We just wanted to present the other side of the
    coin that the readers were not getting. Like I said, no one here wants to get into a ****ing contest, just try to bring light to a fallacy.
    I would think that if someone got on the Net with names and dates and occurances that never took place about YOUR sifu, you too would be compeled to protect his honor and respec

Vanessa Guest

to socalimantis

This is in reply to socalimantis and any other moron that gets off on slamming someone with the help of a keyboard because I seriously doubt that you could do so through your so called MA skills.I have been in MA for ten years. I was training in karate when Sifu Mike Marshall and a few of his students walked in the school for a visit. I was so impressed with his conditioning and skills and that of his students, that I followed him out the door and never looked back. I have also met Kam Yuen. I spent some time training at Shaolin West Int.in Canoga Park while Sifu Mike worked there as an instructor. See, I'm like most all of Sifu Mike's students, I would follow him anywhere to train with him. After spending time at Shaolin West, I know that Sifu Kam is not a vengeful person. He is a highly educated and intelligent individual that would never feel the need to slander anyone. If there were any disgreements between Mike and Sifu Kam, they are private and should remain so.You are the disgrace to Sifu Kam Yuen, not Mike. But actually I take your idiotic, slandering comments about Mike Marshall as just plain jealousy. And we all know that jealousy is the best form of flattery. You are a coward. And if I'm wrong, you will, when the opportunity presents itself, sit and discuss this in person with Mike Marshall and not hide behind a screen name. And if I ever have the opportunity of seeing you in person, I will call you a coward to your face, and will have no problem doing so. I wasn't going to end this with a quote like most have been doing, but after reading your lame comments, there is one quote that reminds me of someone like yourself:
    "Loud mouth speaketh the empty mind".(not by anyone special, just me)
    What a shame some of us had to meet on such a bad note. That is not the way of martial arts

Taijimantis Guest
    Guess Ill cross that bridge when I get to it.

Integrity Guest

Tai Mantis Sifu Mike Marshall

I also have the honor of knowing Sifu Mike Marshall and studied with him when he was in Shaolin West of Canoga Park, California.

When Sifu Mike came to the school, there was only very few people left since Sifu Kam Yuen wasn't interested in teaching Tai Chi or Kung Fu any more. Sifu Mike built the school from the ground up to where the class was almost too big to accommodate everyone. He worked more than 12 hours a day and 7 days a week. He made sure the school was nice and clean for us to practice in. He didn't even have time to eat lunch nor dinner since he was the only instructor there and the classes were scheduled with only 15 minutes or less apart. Without him, the school would have been closed long before it actually did.

There is no doubts in my mind of his skills and integrity. He is one of the most honest persons I know. Whoever this Socalimantis person is, he is a lier. And by slandering someone through Internet or any other means is also a very low-class behavior.

And to Taijimantis: just because one has trouble with spelling, doesn't make them a lier either. You said you didn't really care about the spelling but why then did you point it out? It seemed that you were implying that because he spelled something incorrectly, he was not telling the truth. Sorry if I have misspelled anything, but that doesn't diminsh the message. Thanks.

Taijimantis Guest

sigh...

As I explained earlier friends, I simply found the post confusing.

The reason I pointed out the spelling was because it appeared as though as Marshall Sifu misspelled his own name. That seemed a bit odd. Does that not seem odd to you that one would misspell their own name?

People please dont redirect your anger towards me.
    Agree or disagree but turning my query into a personal attack to be responded to in kind only strengthens the statement I made about these forums being taken too seriously.

I am a Tai Chi Mantis practitoner. I would think that would tell you something. My style and my clan is important to me, but not so much I feel I need to spend all my waking time being the KFO police. lol.

Socialmantis is gone.
    No one else is saying Marshall is a fraud... let it go.

I will say nothing more on this matter

Integrity Guest

To Taiji Mantis

No one is re-directing their anger toward you. We are just responding to your questions on your postings. Why would you take that as "personal attack"? Your reaction seems very odd to me.

If you read that posting carefully, you will notice that the posting contained two person's responses. Knowing Sifu Mike, he is not a computer expert. But he does have a sense of humor. It may have been a joke to spell his last name as MARTIAL instead of Marshall.... You know, like Martial Arts...

You do know that there are thousands and thousands of people in the US can't write or spell, right?

Vanessa Guest

cowardly socalimantis

How convenient, socalimantis is gone, like the coward he (or she) is. He ( or she) spread their poison and ran.

nobody Guest

its not totally odd if he spelled his name wrong....

because i do it all the time...but i did get an 1160 on the SAT's so i must have spelled it right that time LOL :D