Proud poppa Sammo
23/03/2012
Timmy Hung ties the knot

The actor recently got married to actress Janet Chow after four years of dating

Hong Kong actor Timmy Hung, the eldest son of acclaimed martial art actor Sammo Hung, tied the knot with actress Janet Chow the day before.

The newlyweds did not go through the traditional Chinese customs prior to the wedding.

Instead the couple spent time together the day before their matrimony (it is a taboo in Chinese customs for couples to meet the day before marriage), and also left out traditional ritual like the "welcoming ceremony".

Bride Janet had also reportedly drove herself back home to leave some belongings behind before rushing down to the venue of her wedding banquet.

When the couple exchanged marriage vows at the banquet, Timmy, who has been dating Janet for the past four years, said lovingly, "Taking care of her (Janet) for the rest of my life is the responsibility of a husband. Every man needs to try his best to give his wife the best. I hope that I will do better with my career and let her live a happy life."

The actor added that he hopes to let his 28-year-old actress wife retire from showbiz after marriage, moving his bride to tears with his loving words.

The couple rounded up a total of 28 bridesmaids and 10 best men for the wedding, which included fellow celebrities like Michael Tong, Chin Kar Lok, and Frankie Lam.

The joyous event also saw attendance from Timmy's Korean birth mother, father Sammo Hung, movie star Andy Lau and singer Jackie Chueng.